King and Ragone Episode 4 ft. Mike Harley

Lmao at " toxic mascu,unity " . It's celebrated for men to wear dresses now and for men to act feminine. **** we need more masculinity now than ever. Don't blame that on all these young cats having issues , it's way deeper than that.

We have people obsessed with their phones ,their looks , clout , social media, kids with access to hard core **** at 8-9 years old, parents that are more friends than parents and nowhere near enough men in our youngsters lives. Also morals have been thrown out the window.

Society is ****ed. My generation helped create a lot of these issues.

Agree with most of this. I do however think femininity in men isn't celebrated. What is celebrated is people having the freedom to be who they are. Big distinction in my book and I always say, be the best you, whatever that is, it's okay as long as it doesn't hurt others.

Advertisement
I have never understood becoming angry with someone over performance as it is an irrational reaction. The player wants to perform as much as the fan wants the player to perform. The player has much more to gain by performing well than the fan does in the player performing well (excluding gambling of course). And if the player performs worse than expected then maybe, just maybe, the player was still trying his/her best, but is not as good as the player or fan believed. In which case the player is still performing as well as the player can perform and there is nothing for the fan to be upset about.

This is not to mean that I have never been upset about a player's performance, because I was honestly upset with Ivey's play last year. But the root of my being upset was not with Ivey but with the fact that the school for which I cheer does not have a better option to play the position. So truly I am not upset with the player as I am upset with the situation in which that player has been put. As an easy example, are the Greeks upset with the Greek Olympic sprinter who likely finished 58th? Well how can they be if that was the best sprinter Greece had? Rationally they can't be upset because the fault lies not with the sprinter who finished 58th (made up number) but with other Greek sprinters who were not better than the competitor.

So in advance of Saturday, don't tell our players they suck if they are performing at their best because that is literally all the player can do. Be upset with the coaches for not recruiting better players, or be upset with the Admin for not having a bigger budget. But unless you can convince me that a player did not do his best on purpose, say due to not practicing, or God forbid point shaving, being upset with performance makes no sense and is an irrational reaction.

All that being what it is, I often was upset with my son if he made bad decisions with the ball while playing point guard for his basketball team. What the **** was wrong with him? J/k.

Agree with most of this. I do however think femininity in men isn't celebrated. What is celebrated is people having the freedom to be who they are. Big distinction in my book and I always say, be the best you, whatever that is, it's okay as long as it doesn't hurt others.
That’s fine, but It’s 100% celebrated , a guy wears a dress and everyone loses their mind on how brave it is or how amazing it is. Then masculinity or those defending it are wrong. Masculinity is frowned upon by the main stream folks. I see so many videos and articles on men needing to be more feminine

One of the biggest issues we have is there’s not enough men in our children’s life showing them how to be a man. Statistics show the rate of fatherless males is growing at an all time rate, statistics also show your percentages of prison , abuse on women , dropping out all dramatically go up when theres no father. Imo all of this kinda goes hand in hand.

We’re talking about kids and the crazy amount of mental issues these days and a poster literally listed “ toxic masculinity” as one of the problems. With everything I listed in this post and a couple others toxic masculinity is nowhere in the top 1000 biggest issues we have. That’s just some feminist propaganda they probably got from a college campus.

That’s fine, but It’s 100% celebrated , a guy wears a dress and everyone loses their mind on how brave it is or how amazing it is. Then masculinity or those defending it are wrong. Masculinity is frowned upon by the main stream folks. I see so many videos and articles on men needing to be more feminine

One of the biggest issues we have is there’s not enough men in our children’s life showing them how to be a man. Statistics show the rate of fatherless males is growing at an all time rate, statistics also show your percentages of prison , abuse on women , dropping out all dramatically go up when theres no father. Imo all of this kinda goes hand in hand.

We’re talking about kids and the crazy amount of mental issues these days and a poster literally listed “ toxic masculinity” as one of the problems. With everything I listed in this post and a couple others toxic masculinity is nowhere in the top 1000 biggest issues we have. That’s just some feminist propaganda they probably got from a college campus.

You don't think it's brave, a man wearing a dress, coming out, or whatever? If that's who they are, good for them, but it's still looked on as odd.

I do hear what you're saying though, I just think we're may talking about it in a circle.

I don't care what someone wears. I don't care if they can't gender identify or want to be a different gender. I don't care if they're straight, bi, asexual, p, z, q, or plus whatever. Having said that, they are still made fun of while some applaud it. The suicide rates for the LBGQT whatever group is much higher then any other group. They're still outcast, different, etc by certain segments of society. It's no different to me than interracial couples or the way you're looked at in places that don't look like you.

Again, I hear you. Their is that segment of people who want to shove whatever down everyone's throats that you're a monster or you have a problem if you aren't okay with whatever. I don't have a problem if it makes some uncomfortable or feeling some sort of way, I just don't like it when they ridicule someone for being who they are. You don't have to stand up and applaud.

I'm straight, married, kids, etc. I don't go around parading that. I don't expect an atta boy or whatever. I'm no better than someone else for anything. I don't care what people do in their bedroom, be a good and kind person, you're good in my book.

You are correct that there's articles and such on these issues that shouldn't be everyone else's business. Unfortunately a lot of media makes it everyone's business and there's one big positive from it. If you're whatever you are, it's okay to be that. You see others similar or like you.

In closing, Megan Rapinoe annoys the living **** out of me. So do people who shove their religious views in your face. Same with ***, white power ****stics, or really whatever. Just be you, the best person you can be, and realize not everyone will accept that. That's okay too, not everyone accepts everything, so be it.

Advertisement
IDk, I think two things are at play here when it comes to gen z and their obsession with sadness and depression as you put it. First off, many high-profile celebs and athletes are coming out and speaking about their struggles with depression and it lets these kids know that it's okay to talk about it and that they're not the only ones feeling this way. When I was in my youth if I came out and said these sort of things to a friend they would've called me a *****. Lastly, social media is playing a large role in this IMO. There has always been bullying, ridicule, and shaming but in this age of technology, kids can't escape it like they could in previous generations. If someone was being bullied it used to be you went home and was away from all that. Now they go home and it follows them there through Facebook, snap chat, Twitter, and Instagram. Sports is the same way, you make a bad play, and instead of going home after the game to your family and being away from the comments fans made at the game now you go home and get on your phone and you got grown-*** people tagging you calling you a loser and telling you to kill yourself.

I do think that some are just saying to be saying it and get attention but a lot of it is a product of the world we live in and unfortunately it isn't an easy world for our youth.
Mike Harley said the exact same thing. He said that after the games he would just go home and relax and forget about things, then someone told him not to check twitter.

It's one thing to **** all over a kid with your buddies during the game/post game when they play poorly, it's a whole nother thing to broadcast it on social media and tag these kids in disparaging and degrading tweets/comments.
I will never ever understand why anyone posts to a player about a messed up game. After all it is just a GAME.

Mike has worked his *** off and I hope he has a great season. But Gen Z as a whole seems obsessed with depression & sadness

You'd assume 3 seniors quickly approaching the biggest night of their lives would be a bit more ecstatic about the season to start or Alabama specifically.
SMH I would ban you for this insensitive comment.

You probably one of those people that send death threats to players when they don’t play well and believe players exist for your entertainment.

Advertisement
You don't think it's brave, a man wearing a dress, coming out, or whatever? If that's who they are, good for them, but it's still looked on as odd.

I do hear what you're saying though, I just think we're may talking about it in a circle.

I don't care what someone wears. I don't care if they can't gender identify or want to be a different gender. I don't care if they're straight, bi, asexual, p, z, q, or plus whatever. Having said that, they are still made fun of while some applaud it. The suicide rates for the LBGQT whatever group is much higher then any other group. They're still outcast, different, etc by certain segments of society. It's no different to me than interracial couples or the way you're looked at in places that don't look like you.

Again, I hear you. Their is that segment of people who want to shove whatever down everyone's throats that you're a monster or you have a problem if you aren't okay with whatever. I don't have a problem if it makes some uncomfortable or feeling some sort of way, I just don't like it when they ridicule someone for being who they are. You don't have to stand up and applaud.

I'm straight, married, kids, etc. I don't go around parading that. I don't expect an atta boy or whatever. I'm no better than someone else for anything. I don't care what people do in their bedroom, be a good and kind person, you're good in my book.

You are correct that there's articles and such on these issues that shouldn't be everyone else's business. Unfortunately a lot of media makes it everyone's business and there's one big positive from it. If you're whatever you are, it's okay to be that. You see others similar or like you.

In closing, Megan Rapinoe annoys the living **** out of me. So do people who shove their religious views in your face. Same with ***, white power ****stics, or really whatever. Just be you, the best person you can be, and realize not everyone will accept that. That's okay too, not everyone accepts everything, so be it.
No I don't think it's brave. In 2021 nobody is studying people being *** or wearing dresses, at least in public. Who's making fun of them? Everyone would be fake outraged . Theyd run to Twitter to virtue signal how they stood up and protected the poor guy who got snickered at for wearing a dress.

That being said my standard for bravery is a tad higher than wearing a dress as a dude.

Exactly. People today want the fame, attention , clout and love but no negativity. Take it from a guy who's never had any social media in their life "get off of it and stay off. There's plenty of data and research that shows it's very unhealthy, these folks are strung out like crack heads for their likes or latest Instagram story. There's no way to know what people are saying if you aren't on social media , but you also won't get your love so like a druggie you have to go back for the fix.

No doubt it’s like a crack head looking for the next fix. I too have no social media accounts and have no intention of getting any.

Choices have consequences. My Mother taught me that every time she smacked me up side my head. It also taught me I’m responsible for my actions. NO ONE else is to blame.
I hate to break it to you guys but...this is social media.

Advertisement
IDk, I think two things are at play here when it comes to gen z and their obsession with sadness and depression as you put it. First off, many high-profile celebs and athletes are coming out and speaking about their struggles with depression and it lets these kids know that it's okay to talk about it and that they're not the only ones feeling this way. When I was in my youth if I came out and said these sort of things to a friend they would've called me a *****. Lastly, social media is playing a large role in this IMO. There has always been bullying, ridicule, and shaming but in this age of technology, kids can't escape it like they could in previous generations. If someone was being bullied it used to be you went home and was away from all that. Now they go home and it follows them there through Facebook, snap chat, Twitter, and Instagram. Sports is the same way, you make a bad play, and instead of going home after the game to your family and being away from the comments fans made at the game now you go home and get on your phone and you got grown-*** people tagging you calling you a loser and telling you to kill yourself.

I do think that some are just saying to be saying it and get attention but a lot of it is a product of the world we live in and unfortunately it isn't an easy world for our youth.less social media,
Here

Here’s a novel idea - get off social media.

You’re probably not going to like what I’m about to post but here it goes anyway. Much of the stress and anxiety kids are feeling these days is somewhat self-inflicted. They get cell phones at 10-12 years old and have their eyes glued to them hours a day.

Sure, social media provides some resources that are positive experiences, but it sure seems there are more negative than positive.
Truth right here. Get off it. Parents need to limit the time on screens. What makes you successful and the things that have value in life are not on the screen you are looking at. If your not on your phone 10 hours a day I promise you will be less depressed.

Lmao at " toxic mascu,unity " . It's celebrated for men to wear dresses now and for men to act feminine. **** we need more masculinity now than ever. Don't blame that on all these young cats having issues , it's way deeper than that.

We have people obsessed with their phones ,their looks , clout , social media, kids with access to hard core **** at 8-9 years old, parents that are more friends than parents and nowhere near enough men in our youngsters lives. Also morals have been thrown out the window.

Society is ****ed. My generation helped create a lot of these issues.
Preach.

I actually love everything you just said lol. **** social media, it’s meant to destroy our minds and make us slaves to other peoples approval. I walk the walk with it too, I’m 23 and have no Instagram, Twitter, tik tok, none of that ****, just facebook
Good for you man. Keep it that way. Heck all I have is Facebook and I only go on once a year to say thanks for the Bday wishes lol. Didn’t even do that this year. Mainly keep it for the marketplace and old contacts in case I need to get a hold of someone.

Advertisement
SMH I would ban you for this insensitive comment.

You probably one of those people that send death threats to players when they don’t play well and believe players exist for your entertainment.
Nothing i said was insensitive and I most certainly would never message a player good or bad. "I would ban you" is exactly the cancel culture, in my feelings nonsense that that is poisoning everything now. I'm in my mid 30's, its not like im some boomer.

Anyways players do exist for entertainment. Literally by definition. Entertainment is the only thing that separates football from some non revenue generating olympic sport where people still work 9-5's.

Advertisement
Back