King and Ragone Episode 4 ft. Mike Harley

This thread name needs to be changed and the video started from 22:00

Advertisement
Ignorant *** statement right here. Gen Z isn't "obsessed" with depression and sadness, we're just more aware of it and open to talking about it instead of bottling it up cause of sh*t like toxic masculinity and societal expectations. Society (and social media) is set up to create more anxious and depressed people than ever before, it's a serious problem that needs to be addressed
Social media is simply a tool. You can make of it what you want. Thousands of kids (finally) will now be able to properly leverage it to earn 5 & 6 figure incomes while in school on top of all the other benefits of being a scholarship athlete.

Definitely nothing wrong with getting your mental health in order, but at some point its just about doing the work. I can assure you the past decade + of Canes football misery has a lot more to do with kids not doing the work versus battling mental issues all college kids are going through as well

Social media is simply a tool. You can make of it what you want. Thousands of kids (finally) will now be able to properly leverage it to earn 5 & 6 figure incomes while in school on top of all the other benefits of being a scholarship athlete.

Definitely nothing wrong with getting your mental health in order, but at some point its just about doing the work. I can assure you the past decade + of Canes football misery has a lot more to do with kids not doing the work versus battling mental issues all college kids are going through as well
I agree with everything u said here, I just think your initial statement was worded poorly that’s all

Here
Ignorant *** statement right here. Gen Z isn't "obsessed" with depression and sadness, we're just more aware of it and open to talking about it instead of bottling it up cause of sh*t like toxic masculinity and societal expectations. Society (and social media) is set up to create more anxious and depressed people than ever before, it's a serious problem that needs to be addressed
Here’s a novel idea - get off social media.

You’re probably not going to like what I’m about to post but here it goes anyway. Much of the stress and anxiety kids are feeling these days is somewhat self-inflicted. They get cell phones at 10-12 years old and have their eyes glued to them hours a day.

Sure, social media provides some resources that are positive experiences, but it sure seems there are more negative than positive.

Advertisement
Lmao at " toxic mascu,unity " . It's celebrated for men to wear dresses now and for men to act feminine. **** we need more masculinity now than ever. Don't blame that on all these young cats having issues , it's way deeper than that.

We have people obsessed with their phones ,their looks , clout , social media, kids with access to hard core **** at 8-9 years old, parents that are more friends than parents and nowhere near enough men in our youngsters lives. Also morals have been thrown out the window.

Society is ****ed. My generation helped create a lot of these issues.

Here

You’re probably not going to like what I’m about to post but here it goes anyway. Much of the stress and anxiety kids are feeling these days is somewhat self-inflicted. They get cell phones at 10-12 years old and have their eyes glued to them hours a day.

Sure, social media provides some resources that are positive experiences, but it sure seems there are more negative than positive.
Exactly. People today want the fame, attention , clout and love but no negativity. Take it from a guy who's never had any social media in their life "get off of it and stay off. There's plenty of data and research that shows it's very unhealthy, these folks are strung out like crack heads for their likes or latest Instagram story. There's no way to know what people are saying if you aren't on social media , but you also won't get your love so like a druggie you have to go back for the fix.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Exactly. People today want the fame, attention , clout and love but no negativity. Take it from a guy who's never had any social media in their life "get off of it and stay off it". There's plenty of data and research that shows it's very unhealthy, these folks are strung out like crack heads for their likes or latest Instagram story. There's no way to know what people are saying if you aren't on social media , but you also won't get your love so like a druggie you have to go back for the fix.
No doubt it’s like a crack head looking for the next fix. I too have no social media accounts and have no intention of getting any.

Choices have consequences. My Mother taught me that every time she smacked me up side my head. It also taught me I’m responsible for my actions. NO ONE else is to blame.

No doubt it’s like a crack head looking for the next fix. I too have no social media accounts and have no intention of getting any.

Choices have consequences. My Mother taught me that every time she smacked me up side my head. It also taught me I’m responsible for my actions. NO ONE else is to blame.
Yes sir, as did I. The biggest issue i see now is nobody takes accountability for jack. There's always an excuse for their stupidity. It's always somebody else's fault.

Would King and Ragone have been allowed to have their own podcast before NIL? Would they just have had to name it something else other than The King and Ragone Show? I know they had a sponsor for their episode so obviously they wouldn’t have been able to do that in the past

Yes sir, as did I. The biggest issue i see now is nobody takes accountability for jack. There's always an excuse for their stupidity. It's always somebody else's fault.
Not to beat a dead horse, but it's like the old adage that says "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." I refer to the "It's not my fault" crowd as the "Squeaky wheel faction." They squeak (yell, scream. stomp their feet) until they get the grease (attention) they crave.

I will say that there are many young people that are not of the squeaky wheel faction. We just don't hear as much about them because they are quietly taking care of their own business.

You know as well as anyone, that's why football is such a great game. It's teaches many life lessons; hard work pays off, discipline, and teamwork that builds character. The majority of our Canes are learning, or have learned, many of those lessons that will benefit them for years after their football careers have ended.

Advertisement
Would King and Ragone have been allowed to have their own podcast before NIL? Would they just have had to name it something else other than The King and Ragone Show? I know they had a sponsor for their episode so obviously they wouldn’t have been able to do that in the past
I think they could have had a podcast or at least been on them. But I think now with the NIL they can profit off their podcast as well.

Here

I actually love everything you just said lol. **** social media, it’s meant to destroy our minds and make us slaves to other peoples approval. I walk the walk with it too, I’m 23 and have no Instagram, Twitter, tik tok, none of that ****, just facebook

It’s amazing it took hearing the words right from Harley to make some grown men realize ****ting all over a kid, especially one of our own, makes you a real POS.

While I agree with that completely and don't subscribe to calling out players aside from "doesn't need to start, isn't getting it done, etc" I also think kids and young men need to toughen their asses up.

The world can be a cruel place and it sure isn't roses and sunshine. People can say whatever they want about you, but it's up to you to let that in and let it negatively impact you. They have the option to turn off social media. You open that can of worms, get high off the good, just know at times there's going to be bad.

At some point, the cheering goes away and fans ask you to as well. Whether it's retirement in whatever capacity, you can't stay on top forever. So how are you going to deal with it when it gets tough? Be you, the, the best version of you and know you did your **** best. You do that, the background noise from anyone out there won't matter.

Advertisement
I actually love everything you just said lol. **** social media, it’s meant to destroy our minds and make us slaves to other peoples approval. I walk the walk with it too, I’m 23 and have no Instagram, Twitter, tik tok, none of that ****, just facebook
Good for you young man. I have no doubt there are many more like you. We just don't hear about them as often because they out there taking care of their own business.

Not to beat a dead horse, but it's like the old adage that says "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." I refer to the "It's not my fault" crowd as the "Squeaky wheel faction." They squeak (yell, scream. stomp their feet) until they get the grease (attention) they crave.

I will say that there are many young people that are not of the squeaky wheel faction. We just don't hear as much about them because they are quietly taking care of their own business.

You know as well as anyone, that's why football is such a great game. It's teaches many life lessons; hard work pays off, discipline, and teamwork that builds character. The majority of our Canes are learning, or have learned, many of those lessons that will benefit them for years after their football careers have ended.
Agree.

Social media gives a small group a big voice. Just like the cancel culture , ignore these loud twats and they’ll just fade away.

Advertisement
Back