King Advanced Stats (from PFF)

It's never one thing. It's Laslee , King and the ol. Laslee was with Dykes at Smu ands it's starting to look like Dykes had a part in that o. I mean they kept right on pumping after Laslee.

I want to sit back and see if Lashlee makes any adjustments or will keep running the same bs that isn't a fit with the qb.
Dykes has consistently had a pretty good offense regardless who his OCs are. I really don't know why anyone would think SMU offense being good is because of Lashlee. Dykes is basically right below Leach when it comes to the air-raid offense. And While Leach is more than happy passing 80% or whatever, Dykes has always tried to be more of a 60/40 guy, which lines up with Lashlee and what he learned at Auburn as well. The problem is the ******* runs we are doing every 2nd down don't ******* work.

Advertisement
It's never one thing. It's Laslee , King and the ol. Laslee was with Dykes at Smu ands it's starting to look like Dykes had a part in that o. I mean they kept right on pumping after Laslee.

I want to sit back and see if Lashlee makes any adjustments or will keep running the same bs that isn't a fit with the qb.
Dykes had a part in that O??...**** right he did...it was his O not EyeLashes....just like it was Malzahns O at Auburn....

King is a 24 year old 6th year QB. Say that out loud and let it sink in. King is a 24 year old 6th year QB!

If he is showing you this as a QB as a SIXTH year guy in CFB, then you’re seeing all you need to see. He’s a fully grown 24 year old man with 6 years experience, playing against 18-19 year old kids in many instances, yet he struggles. This is CFB not the NFL and the opponent was App St - what more do you all need to see???

This is who King is, and I’ve been saying all this looooooong before the season started, to slow down the hype train (Heisman talk, etc) because he’s always looked this way.

You’ve got to at the very least get in TVD and/or García into the games to get meaningful 1st half snaps to see what they can do. I’m convinced the offense will look very, very different.
Dang it. That last sentence....guys...he's spot on. Can't be when we're down 24 etc, if we go down by 14+, if nothing more than to wake up King, coach has got to insert Jake or TVD for a series. I say 1 series for each and then ride the hot hand 🔥

Dang it. That last sentence....guys...he's spot on. Can't be when we're down 24 etc, if we go down by 14+, if nothing more than to wake up King, coach has got to insert Jake or TVD for a series. I say 1 series for each and then ride the hot hand 🔥

needs to be two, one is just too much pressure and leaves far too many variables

besides giving those two extra series to king isn't gonna do anything but make me wanna turn the TV off

Advertisement
King PFF stats

56.4 vs Alabama, 11th on offense
90.9 vs App St, 1st on offense
75.5 vs Michigan State, 3rd on offense

If everything is failing around King, how can he look good?

The Miami Hurricanes are suffering the same problem this year they have for the past 15 years, poor execution and effort from players. The players with the mentality of children excuse poor performance by over assigning blame to factors outside their control. LB Not making tackles? "We should have been in a different defense." OL Not run blocking well? "We should have been passing." Not getting separation? "We should have been running a different concept." In the above situations the answer may have some truth to it, but doesn't excuse the players failure. If a player isn't taking ownership of personal failure they don't improve. The best players (in any sport) blame themselves for everything, whether or not they say it publicly is another thing.

How about coaches? They can fall into the same pits above. They see the players 6-7 days a week. They see what players do in practice, then watch film on practice. Some teams test players in meetings on the white board, verbally, or with paper tests. Coaches get a good idea of who knows what. On the field they see who can implement the game plan during the week. Ex, is the safety recognizing WR screen and attacking it. Coaches trust guys based on what they see and they see a lot of reps in practice. Sometimes fans see what is a statistical anomaly from a low play count player and overestimate their abilities (ex, every backup QB that wins a game). As the season goes on some guys improve and some decline, sometimes coaches don't recognize it. Though it's only been 3 games, Miami is 8 weeks into the season. This is a good time to reevaluate players. If you rank every player by ability 1-100, the CCSU game will see the guys 30-80 getting a bunch of reps. This gives coaches a good sample size to compare with 1-29. Adjustments should be made. UVA will be very important to how the rest of the season goes.

Lastly, the videos with the media are annoying and petty. The coaches AND players are stuck in situations where they have to answer questions in a certain way to protect themselves and each other. You can't be a coach saying to the media "Players "XYZ" do look like trash, but the guys were were counting on to push them in practice spend all day eating Wendy's and playing COD and have more app usage on Tinder/TikTok than Hudl, however we can't pull his scholarship because it will look bad to the guys we are recruiting at his old high school."

This post is turning into book. There are just so many factors going into Miami's poor performance and everyone wants to scapegoat one person. It's a collective failure by nearly everyone involved. What's annoying is that these issues are very fixable if you are willing to internally blame.

Advertisement
Back