Kill Trolls Dead Thread

I didn’t remember but I saw that he just joined
Dumbass went at it with me on the basketball board because I was going on about how **** poor Jimmy’s roster management has been over the last couple seasons and how it ain’t going to change for next year.

Advertisement
Dumbass went at it with me on the basketball board because I was going on about how **** poor Jimmy’s roster management has been over the last couple seasons and how it ain’t going to change for next year.
Ok. I don’t follow b-ball.

Advertisement
In support of @Go Canes!! doing nothing more than what I do lately in trying to be a voice of moderation and for him getting banned for no justifiable reason, in spite of mongoloids running free poRsting garbage and in spite of my personal appeals on his behalf, which have been 100% rebuffed - unjustly and without any contrition in the slightest, I won’t support this board while he’s banned for this.

I am subjecting myself to the same 2 week ban that he received today. I won’t check messages, I won’t respond to posts, I won’t be on the board until his ban is lifted in 2 weeks. He did nothing wrong. He did nothing I didn’t and wouldn’t do.

It was a mistake to ban him. There’s nothing wrong with making mistakes but when you do, be honest with yourself. A better and bigger person can accept their own errors and make choices to do better going forward and also make amends for their failings. Right a wrong when you can. Don’t double down on your mistakes. That makes you wrong twice.

@Andrew , I spoke with @Go Canes!! He thinks is ban is bullshît given what people get away with here. His words.

Now my words. I looked and saw Go Canes, CFL and FearTheReaper were banned as were some others. I’m assuming that reaper is a duplicate account so I’ll leave that one as is. I read through some posts that I saw from the banned posyersand I think you should reconsider some of the bans overall and some for time of ban, as follows:

@Go Canes!! - should not be banned at all. He was a moderating force. Someone started attacking liberals and he had a very balanced response. He was not being a political hack. Should be reinstated.

@CFLCane - He brought Trump into an argument and took shots at him. That is political but is it worthy of a 2 week ban? Time of ban should be reduced and possibly lifted with a warning.

@MrMachete - I saw him agreeing with a non-banned poster on some things but I’m not sure what he did that crossed the political line. Should not be banned.

@CaneOil - Welp... Of the bans I saw, he repeatedly attacks liberals and is intolerant of them, and said so. I can’t defend that. It’s probably a justified ban. Whether it’s 2 weeks or should be commuted to one week with a warning is up to you.

I am not sure who else is banned. I will appeal to you to keep in mind that guys are locked in their homes with wives and kids, some are out of work and this is their only escape or an important escape. Now more than ever CIS matters to the people who patronize your website throughout the year.

There is nothing wrong with revisiting these cases and making fair adjustments. That is a sign of good leadership and fairness.

Judge bAndrew, these appeals are hereby filed.

Machete is a good dude, no idea why he got a "politics" band.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
I am not sure who else is banned. I will appeal to you to keep in mind that guys are locked in their homes with wives and kids, some are out of work and this is their only escape or an important escape. Now more than ever CIS matters to the people who patronize your website throughout the year.

This is a Miami Hurricanes message board.

It seems ironic that you say people come on here as an “escape”, yet get banned for talking about all the things they are supposedly trying to “escape”. JMO

This is a Miami Hurricanes message board.

It seems ironic that you say people come on here as an “escape”, yet get banned for talking about all the things they are supposedly trying to “escape”. JMO
Andrew created the Covid-19 forum for us Canes to have a place to discuss the current crisis. Politics were outlawed but it's naïve to think that politics wouldn't enter the discussion. Those that were banned were supposedly breaking that directive. Whether justified or not is above my paygrade. The other forums are still active but, for obvious reasons, there's much less activity.
I see no irony in describing the activity in the Covid-19 thread as an escape. Context is a good thing.

Advertisement
Andrew created the Covid-19 forum for us Canes to have a place to discuss the current crisis. Politics were outlawed but it's naïve to think that politics wouldn't enter the discussion. Those that were banned were supposedly breaking that directive. Whether justified or not is above my paygrade. The other forums are still active but, for obvious reasons, there's much less activity.
I see no irony in describing the activity in the Covid-19 thread as an escape. Context is a good thing.

The irony being:

You come to a Miami Hurricanes message board to escape “the real world”, but then lose that escape by speaking on “the real world” problems you were trying to escape.

It’s not directed at anyone in particular, just the situation as a whole.

Advertisement
Go Canes, Mr. Machete, and CFL Canes are 3 of our best posters. With all the lame schtick and trolling that's gone unchecked here, it's a shame to turn good guys like that off to the board.
They were issued warnings and they're hate caused them to ignore it. Maybe they should've kept off the covid thread.

The irony being:

You come to a Miami Hurricanes message board to escape “the real world”, but then lose that escape by speaking on “the real world” problems you were trying to escape.

It’s not directed at anyone in particular, just the situation as a whole.
I get how “escape” could be perceived as ironic. In the context of the statement, “escape” can be interpreted in a different light considering the circumstances.

In support of @Go Canes!! doing nothing more than what I do lately in trying to be a voice of moderation and for him getting banned for no justifiable reason, in spite of mongoloids running free poRsting garbage and in spite of my personal appeals on his behalf, which have been 100% rebuffed - unjustly and without any contrition in the slightest, I won’t support this board while he’s banned for this.

I am subjecting myself to the same 2 week ban that he received today. I won’t check messages, I won’t respond to posts, I won’t be on the board until his ban is lifted in 2 weeks. He did nothing wrong. He did nothing I didn’t and wouldn’t do.

It was a mistake to ban him. There’s nothing wrong with making mistakes but when you do, be honest with yourself. A better and bigger person can accept their own errors and make choices to do better going forward and also make amends for their failings. Right a wrong when you can. Don’t double down on your mistakes. That makes you wrong twice.
Yep like shutting down the covid board while the whole country is going through this. Of course there will be political posts, when people go over board, do your job. So what 24 people were banned, that was their fault. It wasn't the fault of everyone else using the site as a source while engaging with fellow posters, many of whom we have a history with going back years. Huge mistake and overreaction.

You are the man RVA. Very much appreciate your support and you calling out the people who did this random *** banning.

Won’t forget it brother. You’re what a dude should act like.

Total props to you my friend.

Advertisement
Back