Kill Trolls Dead Thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
@Andrew , I spoke with @Go Canes!! He thinks is ban is bullshît given what people get away with here. His words.

Now my words. I looked and saw Go Canes, CFL and FearTheReaper were banned as were some others. I’m assuming that reaper is a duplicate account so I’ll leave that one as is. I read through some posts that I saw from the banned posyersand I think you should reconsider some of the bans overall and some for time of ban, as follows:

@Go Canes!! - should not be banned at all. He was a moderating force. Someone started attacking liberals and he had a very balanced response. He was not being a political hack. Should be reinstated.

@CFLCane - He brought Trump into an argument and took shots at him. That is political but is it worthy of a 2 week ban? Time of ban should be reduced and possibly lifted with a warning.

@MrMachete - I saw him agreeing with a non-banned poster on some things but I’m not sure what he did that crossed the political line. Should not be banned.

@CaneOil - Welp... Of the bans I saw, he repeatedly attacks liberals and is intolerant of them, and said so. I can’t defend that. It’s probably a justified ban. Whether it’s 2 weeks or should be commuted to one week with a warning is up to you.

I am not sure who else is banned. I will appeal to you to keep in mind that guys are locked in their homes with wives and kids, some are out of work and this is their only escape or an important escape. Now more than ever CIS matters to the people who patronize your website throughout the year.

There is nothing wrong with revisiting these cases and making fair adjustments. That is a sign of good leadership and fairness.

Judge bAndrew, these appeals are hereby filed.

Advertisement
Not sure if this was it, but he and @CaneOil were getting into it. It was really mostly @CaneOil going full bore, with @Go Canes!! trying to keep it civil.
That’s exactly what I saw. Go Canes responded like I would in not trying to demonize one side. I don’t like any of the parties lol. They both do the same things but since people have a dog in the hunt they tend to only see what the other side does.

Off topic, here’s one of my latest @KrazyCane gifs:

B0E4E162-55CE-4296-8D16-6CAE9A898C33.gif

Andrew, we need Krazy now more than ever. I have no one else to promote with gifs. I try and try with Brockoli but he won’t participate.

@Andrew , I spoke with @Go Canes!! He thinks is ban is bullshît given what people get away with here. His words.

Now my words. I looked and saw Go Canes, CFL and FearTheReaper were banned as were some others. I’m assuming that reaper is a duplicate account so I’ll leave that one as is. I read through some posts that I saw from the banned posyersand I think you should reconsider some of the bans overall and some for time of ban, as follows:

@Go Canes!! - should not be banned at all. He was a moderating force. Someone started attacking liberals and he had a very balanced response. He was not being a political hack. Should be reinstated.

@CFLCane - He brought Trump into an argument and took shots at him. That is political but is it worthy of a 2 week ban? Time of ban should be reduced and possibly lifted with a warning.

@MrMachete - I saw him agreeing with a non-banned poster on some things but I’m not sure what he did that crossed the political line. Should not be banned.

@CaneOil - Welp... Of the bans I saw, he repeatedly attacks liberals and is intolerant of them, and said so. I can’t defend that. It’s probably a justified ban. Whether it’s 2 weeks or should be commuted to one week with a warning is up to you.

I am not sure who else is banned. I will appeal to you to keep in mind that guys are locked in their homes with wives and kids, some are out of work and this is their only escape or an important escape. Now more than ever CIS matters to the people who patronize your website throughout the year.

There is nothing wrong with revisiting these cases and making fair adjustments. That is a sign of good leadership and fairness.

Judge bAndrew, these appeals are hereby filed.

If it is based on the commentary in the thread I am thinking about (started by @Go Canes!! about coronavirus), I honestly don't see how @Go Canes!! and @MrMachete got hit with a band. And @CFLCane is usually pretty tame in that forum and usually fires political shots in response to political posts (and even then, they're the slick, drive-by variety most of the time).

@CaneOil went over the top (with me and a few others) in situations that were pretty apolitical. I am not the reporting type, but I could definitely see how someone might have reported him for his posts. Based on his commentary in that thread, he seems pretty intolerant of people with viewpoints that are different to his (which is why I was happy to just back out and not waste my time with him). But @Go Canes!! was trying to police his own thread and preach tolerance and moderation. Unless there is something I am not seeing or that was removed, I was surprised to see him band. Like I posted in that thread, I have had disagreements with @Go Canes!! on this board, and we probably disagree more than we agree (on football and politics), but he has never struck me as the overtly disrespectful or unreasonable type. To the contrary, I think he goes out of his way to keep it civil until he feels like that's not getting anywhere.

Advertisement
If it is based on the commentary in the thread I am thinking about (started by @Go Canes!! about coronavirus), I honestly don't see how @Go Canes!! and @MrMachete got hit with a band. And @CFLCane is usually pretty tame in that forum and usually fires political shots in response to political posts (and even then, they're the slick, drive-by variety most of the time).

@CaneOil went over the top (with me and a few others) in situations that were pretty apolitical. I am not the reporting type, but I could definitely see how someone might have reported him for his posts. Based on his commentary in that thread, he seems pretty intolerant of people with viewpoints that are different to his (which is why I was happy to just back out and not waste my time with him). But @Go Canes!! was trying to police his own thread and preach tolerance and moderation. Unless there is something I am not seeing or that was removed, I was surprised to see him band. Like I posted in that thread, I have had disagreements with @Go Canes!! on this board, and we probably disagree more than we agree (on football and politics), but he has never struck me as the overtly disrespectful or unreasonable type. To the contrary, I think he goes out of his way to keep it civil until he feels like that's not getting anywhere.
You said it as well as could be on all, and especially on @Go Canes!!

If @Go Canes!! is getting banned for preaching tolerance and trying to police his own thread than there is no standards of law here. I should likewise be banned as I police my threads and preach tolerance.

Advertisement
Back