Keyshawn Washington - fsu

There's a lot to like about Denis regardless of Francis.

Washington I think you are making a fair point...Hope you are wrong on Washington, hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't see it with this kid. He made Henry Parrish look like Marshall Faulk in the Columbus vs. SoDade highlights. No hips at all.

I hope it's a situation where Diaz has told him he needs to really show something to keep his spot.

He made another recruits highlight tape we are in on as well. And i saw the Parrish ones. It was like he wasnt there.

He has the height, but he is skinny and not overly athletic. But im willing to develop him if it keeps Francois,a nd the other guys down the line

Advertisement
He made another recruits highlight tape we are in on as well. And i saw the Parrish ones. It was like he wasnt there.

He has the height, but he is skinny and not overly athletic. But im willing to develop him if it keeps Francois,a nd the other guys down the line
@gogeta4
Keyshawn Washington reminds me of Dorian Hall, the FIU DB out of South Broward. Not the same, but similar frame, similar game.

We and I think FSU were looking at Hall at one point and then things kinda trailed off nearer to the end of the cycle and he ended up at FIU.

Not to say that will happen to Washington, but I see some similarities between them and that's where someone kinda like Washington ended up.

According to an article on 247, Keshawn Washington had surgery on both shoulders in the offseason, not only that, but he played through the pain all last season, appearing in all 13 games for the 10-3 Bucs, who advanced to the 8A regional finals. This is a direct quote from him, “I’ve been in a pain a lot during games like when I hit or tackle, it hurts bad,” Washington said. “I take pills and stuff to kill it, but it doesn’t work. Now I’ll be better with hitting and everything.” I'm posting this because, I had my doubts about him, but after reading that article I was like **** I knew he was hurt, but I didn't know it was that bad. Though I had my doubts, I always was like hopefully he will get healthy and have a good senior season, and by reading the article I believe that he will have an excellent senior season and show everybody why he deserves to be a Cane as long as a stays healthy.

Last edited:
According to an article on 247, Keshawn Washington had surgery on both shoulders in the offseason, not only that, but he played through the pain all last season, appearing in all 13 games for the 10-3 Bucs, who advanced to the 8A regional finals. This is a direct quote from him, “I’ve been in a pain a lot during games like when I hit or tackle, it hurts bad,” Washington said. “I take pills and stuff to kill it, but it doesn’t work. Now I’ll be better with hitting and everything.” I'm posting this because, I had my doubts about him, but after reading that article I was like **** I knew he was hurt, but I didn't know it was that bad. Though I had my doubts, I always was like hopefully he will get healthy and have a good senior season, and by reading the article I believe that he will have an excellent senior season and show everybody why he deserves to be a Cane as long as a stays healthy.
That’s interesting. His frame still looks gawky to me. The injuries explain some of the tape. I dunno what shoulders have to do with coverage though. No worries if he leaves for FSU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s interesting. His frame still looks gawky to me. The injuries explain some of the tape. I dunno what shoulders have to do with coverage though. No worries if he leaves for FSU.
Bad shoulders can affect your entire game, not just tackling. He was still 180lbs being 6'3 he has the frame, he just lost a ton of weight due to his injury

Advertisement
Advertisement
Continue to evaluate and monitor this kid. If you want to compete with Clemson and the big boys, every scholarship matters. If this kid goes through year fully healthy and looks like a ball player, keep him in the class. If not, replace him and let him go to a school where he might make an impact. Our standard is national championships and we can't bring in guys who have major medical red flags out of high school.

Fair thought. But when you go through what we are doing at Miami, it affects almost everything. We do rugby tackling which has a huge emphasis on wrapping. And when you think DBs they wrap low. Imagine trying to wrap up Burns or Dallas with two bad shoulders? Arms would fall off.

Can't really jam receivers since your shoulders act almost as shock absorbers when pushing (think bench press) so your ability to jam takes a hit.

Catching takes a hit if raising your arms over your head hurts. Even running to an extent is affected since pumping your arms is part of the balance and acceleration.

Lastly, he wouldn't be able to most workouts. Shoulders activate in almost every Olympic lift or body weight workout, hence the weight loss. He could be a big time steal after a redshirt season to fix form, impingements, get weight up and recapture / relearn the S/Strk positions under Banda/Patke.

This kid was challenge for top 200 in the country before an injury plagued Jr year and a offseason to rest with no camps. Steal written all over him.

Continue to evaluate and monitor this kid. If you want to compete with Clemson and the big boys, every scholarship matters. If this kid goes through year fully healthy and looks like a ball player, keep him in the class. If not, replace him and let him go to a school where he might make an impact. Our standard is national championships and we can't bring in guys who have major medical red flags out of high school.
STFU
Didn’t we just bring in Sam Brooks this year?
And we haven’t even sniffed the ACC Championship yet.
You freakin Fanatics always have some high and mighty entitlement iish to say, when truth be told UCF Has produced more First and Second round picks than us the last 5 years.
And we talk ish about kids who look at other schools.
I don’t even blame the kids, I blame the parents such as yourself for being freakin Nuts.

Bad shoulders and popping pills for the pain are scary on so many levels for a 16 year old. **** for players a decade older then him so praying for this kid now

Very scary.

Also risky for a kid to have shoulders in such rough shape at a young age.....and popping pills for it too? Not good. Shoulders don’t usually get better over time.

Advertisement
Back