Keyshawn Smith to Portal

Advertisement
He actually wasn't that bad but his career here ended when mommy decided to run her mouth on twitter.

Yeah, this was really my primary concern too.

Look, I'm a UM alum, I raaaaaarely bash the players for anything related to football (though I freely admit to never liking George "Stone Hands" Robinson and I probably took a few shots at Dee Wiggins' hands as well).

I do think that Keyshawn Smith was mostly a straight-line speed guy, you could see it in his KO returns, and maybe he could have been used in a limited role at WR with that particular skill showcased. However, it is pretty clear that Catpiss wanted guys to run the plays as he called them, rather than building plays around the (admittedly limited) skills of the guys on the roster.

Good luck to Keyshawn, I'll definitely joke about his mother's tweets, but I won't slam the player, unless I find out he faked an injury or negatively-recruited against Miami.

Now go out there and graduate, and help keep Miami's APR one of the best in the country. APR is the only shot we have to get a bowl game and 15 extra practices...

Would've liked to have kept him as a depth piece but the twitter situation was his undoing.

Then couple that with the alleged negative recruiting and Mario was done with this kid.

christmas vacation GIF
Tate Martell comes to mind.

Advertisement
I’ve said it a million times this year. Can’t catch, slow, can’t block, can’t run routes. Anything else?
Brinson can't catch????? Can't run routes?? Have you watched any film? Dude has been opened more than any wr we have, he just haven't been thrown the ball. Now blocking, I'll agree...

Brinson can't catch????? Can't run routes?? Have you watched any film? Dude has been opened more than any wr we have, he just haven't been thrown the ball. Now blocking, I'll agree...
Go ahead and take a poll and I guarantee more people will side with me. There are reasons why he has barely played all year.

Advertisement
Go ahead and take a poll and I guarantee more people will side with me. There are reasons why he has barely played all year.
Lol you might be right.... But show me footage of your claims that he can't catch? Or that he can't run routes. Redding is slower, most likely leads the team in drops, can't run routes worth a ****.... But yet he has played more. I said that to say that alot of players barely played for various reasons other than "skills".

Lol you might be right.... But show me footage of your claims that he can't catch? Or that he can't run routes. Redding is slower, most likely leads the team in drops, can't run routes worth a ****.... But yet he has played more. I said that to say that alot of players barely played for various reasons other than "skills".
Both are bad but from what I have read here Redding is an extremely smart player. Brinson had numerous drops last year. Can't really comment on this year since he hasn't played much. I think Redding also is a hard worker...limited in skill yes but Brinson is just another South Fla diva.

Good. Kid is softer than Charmin.

San Diego soft and was headed to Washington State to air it out in the soft Pac-12 until Mike Leach took the Mississippi State gig.

This kill will never live down his mammy crying on Twitter on his behalf.

Could've been a lot better for the Canes if he had an ounce of heart or great to match his speed and natural talent. Dude is going to have to grow up fast or this thing is going to fast get away from him.

Both are bad but from what I have read here Redding is an extremely smart player. Brinson had numerous drops last year. Can't really comment on this year since he hasn't played much. I think Redding also is a hard worker...limited in skill yes but Brinson is just another South Fla diva.
Okay skills aside.... When has Brinson ever shown diva qualities?

Advertisement
Ummmm how this conversation actually started. Negative recruiting.
So you believed the rumor.... And then when he publicly came out and denied it.... You chose to still believe said rumor? Lol boy these players can't win huh? Smh. Well alright. Either way, we definitely still need better talent and mentality in that locker room.

So you believed the rumor.... And then when he publicly came out and denied it.... You chose to still believe said rumor? Lol boy these players can't win huh? Smh. Well alright. Either way, we definitely still need better talent and mentality in that locker room.
Of course he would deny it. Not players who want to be divas and not work hard. We don't need that **** around here anymore.

Advertisement
Of course he would deny it. Not players who want to be divas and not work hard. We don't need that **** around here anymore.
So do you have actual proof that it was him who was negative recruiting? Because it's kinda weird not to give him the benefit of doubt if you don't. So let's just believe every rumor about our players and when they defend themselves, let's just still believe the rumor.

Yeah our fan base is just as toxic as that locker room man lol. Is what it is. Guess it won't make a difference whether he transfers or not since he hardly played.

So do you have actual proof that it was him who was negative recruiting? Because it's kinda weird not to give him the benefit of doubt if you don't. So let's just believe every rumor about our players and when they defend themselves, let's just still believe the rumor.

Yeah our fan base is just as toxic as that locker room man lol. Is what it is. Guess it won't make a difference whether he transfers or not since he hardly played.
Alright buddy whatever you say have a good one

He’s certainly not irreplaceable.

This moves us closer to Mario realizing his ultimate dream, a 4 tight end, no wide receiver offense. There’s a reason why Gattis is still here. It ensures no wide receiver will ever want to play for Miami and we can fully transition to an 1890’s rugby offense.

Advertisement
Back