Keyshawn Smith is not hurt

No real fan is happy losing but most know that every team makes mistakes and only a very few win every game. Missed tackles, dropped passes, blown coverages, fumbles, and penalties are all part of the game... every team has them! Losing to MTSU sucked but you aren't holding them accountable by *****ing here. Instead, you sound like an entitled 20-something. You just sound like you are entitled as if you've done something BIG to help Miami and they didn't hold up their end. There are former players and coaches on this form that have done far more yet they limit their complaining more than most fans.

Year 1 and you are ready to fly banners! I'm not even saying year 1 with Mario. I'm saying year 1 with RAD, Highsmith, Mario, full year of NIL... instead of burning it all down 9 months in, why don't you see that the D is made up of mostly sophomores playing in a new system? Highsmith is an elite talent eval guy. Mario is an elite recruiter. Rad is a top 10 AD. I fully expect major improvement over the coming years.
I wasn’t expecting to go 11-1 10-2 this year but I at least wanted to see some improvement and the **** that plagued past teams be somewhat cleaned up. Instead we are 6 games in and probably the most positive thing that has happened is the recruiting class has stayed together. I’m sorry but that Middle Tennessee State loss and only putting up 24 points against Unc is bad.

I’m not expecting this team to be the 2000-2003 teams but it gets old watching the same stuff happen. I’m not ready to fly any banners, I believe in Mario and it’s going to take a couple classes to get to where we want to be. And I’m not entitled at all, I’m just another fan who wants to see his team win. People are ****ed off and they have every right to be.

Advertisement
I wasn’t expecting to go 11-1 10-2 this year but I at least wanted to see some improvement and the **** that plagued past teams be somewhat cleaned up. Instead we are 6 games in and probably the most positive thing that has happened is the recruiting class has stayed together. I’m sorry but that Middle Tennessee State loss and only putting up 24 points against Unc is bad.

I’m not expecting this team to be the 2000-2003 teams but it gets old watching the same stuff happen. I’m not ready to fly any banners, I believe in Mario and it’s going to take a couple classes to get to where we want to be. And I’m not entitled at all, I’m just another fan who wants to see his team win. People are ****ed off and they have every right to be.
You really expected everything cleaned up in one offseason? Love KAM but our losses came down to his mental mistakes yet he has been on campus for 18 months with two different DCs and 4 different DB coaches. You want consistency yet his environment has been NOTHING consistent.

The biggest grip I have with Mario was not getting Bubba Bolden, Rambo, and Cam’Ron Harris to come back. For 2023, we need TVD, TS2, Nelson, and Campbell to return vs being late-round or UDFAs. Imagine 2022 canes with Rambo, Harris, and Bolden. I have a feeling we are 6-1.

While I'm not happy with Gattis and Addae, I'm also a fan of consistency and don't mind if we keep them knowing they aren't going to get Miami to the CFP BUT they will be gone in 2024/2025 when Miami 100% makes the CFP (12 teams).

He can’t run and he can’t catch. 12 catches for 123 yards and a td in a year and a half is brutal.
Brinson regularly gets destroyed in run blocking as well. Idk if it's effort or ability, but he has to get better there to see more opportunities in the passing attack. You basically can't check to a run if he's on the field.

Brinson regularly gets destroyed in run blocking as well. Idk if it's effort or ability, but he has to get better there to see more opportunities in the passing attack. You basically can't check to a run if he's on the field.
He had a case of the drops last year I don’t recall if he had any this year but I do remember on a 3rd down screen against A&M he and Ladson did a **** poor job blocking for B Smith.

You really expected everything cleaned up in one offseason? Love KAM but our losses came down to his mental mistakes yet he has been on campus for 18 months with two different DCs and 4 different DB coaches. You want consistency yet his environment has been NOTHING consistent.

The biggest grip I have with Mario was not getting Bubba Bolden, Rambo, and Cam’Ron Harris to come back. For 2023, we need TVD, TS2, Nelson, and Campbell to return vs being late-round or UDFAs. Imagine 2022 canes with Rambo, Harris, and Bolden. I have a feeling we are 6-1.

While I'm not happy with Gattis and Addae, I'm also a fan of consistency and don't mind if we keep them knowing they aren't going to get Miami to the CFP BUT they will be gone in 2024/2025 when Miami 100% makes the CFP (12 teams).
No but I expected some improvement. Yea I would have took Cam and Rambo back. Bubba was good up until Clemson in 2020 then his game went to ****. Cam was a home run hitter and he held onto the ball. We don’t have a home run hitter at rb.

For some strange feeling I feel Nelson leaves he absolutely should not. No one should leave but Mario needs to trim the fat with some of these players. No one is patient here and that includes myself but at the end of the day I realize it’s going to take time to get this right. A good portion of these players aren’t Miami caliber, that isn’t the coaches fault obviously. This class needs to be portal heavy. Hopefully we end up getting high school guys like Johnson, Bain, Samson, and another guy or two at priority positions.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No but I expected some improvement. Yea I would have took Cam and Rambo back. Bubba was good up until Clemson in 2020 then his game went to ****. Cam was a home run hitter and he held onto the ball. We don’t have a home run hitter at rb.

For some strange feeling I feel Nelson leaves he absolutely should not. No one should leave but Mario needs to trim the fat with some of these players. No one is patient here and that includes myself but at the end of the day I realize it’s going to take time to get this right. A good portion of these players aren’t Miami caliber, that isn’t the coaches fault obviously. This class needs to be portal heavy. Hopefully we end up getting high school guys like Johnson, Bain, Samson, and another guy or two at priority positions.
I believe we took about 11 portal players this year, gonna need to double that for next year. You grab 20 solid portal guys with Francis, Wayne, Riley, Popo, Bryant, etc and we can have a big jump in year 2.

Focused on K.Smith a few snaps against Virginia and don't know if it's his routes or if he's not going all out,running hard but he just can't shake the cbs.They are velcroed to his back.IT makes sense why he's only getting 20-25 snaps a game .

Focused on K.Smith a few snaps against Virginia and don't know if it's his routes or if he's not going all out,running hard but he just can't shake the cbs.They are velcroed to his back.IT makes sense why he's only getting 20-25 snaps a game .
Used to be a Key Smith supporter now I just want him gone. He’s soft as f and average at best.

Advertisement
I think something is wrong with him. He doesn’t looks as explosive as he did earlier in the season and didn’t return the kickoff to open the game. I would bet he is hurt because he’s too good to not be more open.

I notice that too. He gets no separation. For guy who is supposed to be fast, on his deep routes( that’s all he runs) he is covered. He can’t make contested catches. I can’t ever remember him, making a guy miss and getting yards after the catch. I just don’t think he’s very good.I’ll give him credit, he Was doing a pretty good job on returns, minus the fumble vs Duke.
We need need a upgrade from Smith at WR.
I thought Brinson was going to be good too, and he looks awful. Nobody looks good in this offense, so the OC has too take a lot of the blame. Brishard Smith and Colby are the only WR that look OK.

Advertisement
I think something is wrong with him. He doesn’t looks as explosive as he did earlier in the season and didn’t return the kickoff to open the game. I would bet he is hurt because he’s too good to not be more open.
Too good based on what? He hasn’t done much here

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back