Keyshawn Smith is not hurt

Thought Key was the one guy with speed to go deep and spread the field. But aside from 1 deep ball from Garcia, TVD hasnt throw deep to Key once. Not sure if thats playcalling, scheme, tvd-key disconnect, key's speed is overrated or what but rather disappointing. This team desperately needs a deep threat and thats not colbie/ladson/X' strengths
TVD hit Key Smith for a TD against So Miss on the flea flicker, but yeah nothing really deep

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pretty sure key was not 100% for Va tech that’s why he didn’t really play. He has straight line speed. If I was Miami I would just send him on go routes when he is in the game to maybe take a safety away in coverage with him. If the safety doesn’t double over the top then you have to take some shots one on one. Maybe he catches it, maybe we get a PI but teams won’t respect it until you start showing on tape you are willing to Throw it deep

Redding knows what he is doing when he gets on the field. He may not be the fastest guy but he will fight for the ball too.
That doesn’t matter if you can’t catch. It’s just like Wiggins who would get open a lot but he couldn’t catch ****.

Advertisement
Is there anyone you like on the team? Are you even sure you like Miami?
I like players who play hard, work their *** off on and off the field, do the little things right aka catch the ball, don’t commit dumb penalties, don’t act like they won a championship after making a play, etc.

Give me players like Richards, Duke Johnson, Denzel Perryman, Shaq, Stephen Morris, Kaaya, Berrios, Restrepo, Hedley, just to name a few who came through Miami over the last decade.

I’m rightfully ****ed off year after year seeing Miami teams lose to dog**** teams and still doing stuff that has plagued this program for years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We are talking about Romello right?

Here says class of '21, maybe that skews some opinions on him.. Im not even saying the kids got next but dam, some harsh takes..

https://247sports.com/player/romello-brinson-46056595/
Well with this WR group you’d think if he was at least decent he’d get more snaps and have better stats in a year and a half. His blocking isn’t very good either. You guys call it ****ting on him but I call it facts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You sound like a 20something with entitlement issues.
So seeing Miami lose to teams like Ga Tech, Duke, La Tech, FIU, Middle Tennessee State doesn’t **** you off? Seeing missed tackles, dropped passes, blown coverages, fumbles, stupid penalties doesn’t **** you off? Jesus some of you are soft.

Last edited:
So seeing Miami lose to teams like Duke, La Tech, FIU, Middle Tennessee State doesn’t **** you off? Seeing missed tackles, dropped passes, blown coverages, fumbles, stupid penalties doesn’t **** you off? Jesus some of you are soft as ****.
No real fan is happy losing but most know that every team makes mistakes and only a very few win every game. Missed tackles, dropped passes, blown coverages, fumbles, and penalties are all part of the game... every team has them! Losing to MTSU sucked but you aren't holding them accountable by *****ing here. Instead, you sound like an entitled 20-something. You just sound like you are entitled as if you've done something BIG to help Miami and they didn't hold up their end. There are former players and coaches on this form that have done far more yet they limit their complaining more than most fans.

Year 1 and you are ready to fly banners! I'm not even saying year 1 with Mario. I'm saying year 1 with RAD, Highsmith, Mario, full year of NIL... instead of burning it all down 9 months in, why don't you see that the D is made up of mostly sophomores playing in a new system? Highsmith is an elite talent eval guy. Mario is an elite recruiter. Rad is a top 10 AD. I fully expect major improvement over the coming years.

Advertisement
Back