Keys to winning over 2015 recruits

Very simple show improvement on the field, increase communications and relationships with local coaches like Mike Rumph and have a greater presence around the community.

Also I want to hear more stories about tireless recruiting. Remember for the 2012 class we kept hearing about Golden helicoptering everywhere? They need to get back to that imo

Advertisement
Yeah, I never understood the bowling thing...what's with the bowling? Does anybody even bowl anymore?

As far as the cookies, they should try baking some "extra" ingredients in them....you know, an extra buzz other than the sugar.

Do they take them to the topless beach? I've heard there is one. Does the NCAA have a "no topless" rule? Maybe Donna does.

i'm tired of defending my boys at the recruiting office. and mods please don't delete this because it's not false info.

private message me for an inside look at an official recruiting visit.

Cookie cakes smh

Yeah, I never understood the bowling thing...what's with the bowling? Does anybody even bowl anymore?

As far as the cookies, they should try baking some "extra" ingredients in them....you know, an extra buzz other than the sugar.

Do they take them to the topless beach? I've heard there is one. Does the NCAA have a "no topless" rule? Maybe Donna does.

i'm tired of defending my boys at the recruiting office. and mods please don't delete this because it's not false info.

Cookie cakes smh

Cookie cakes isn't a big deal ...its the whole visit. The bowling thing has to stop

Advertisement
Good write up K. I've always been skeptical of the cookie idea. And whoever has been responsible for decorating them needs a new job.

-Get more aggressive on D.
-Golden needs to get up close and personal in the community with these coaches and players. Can't let D'Oh be solely responsible for Broward, cause it seems he got stuck at St. Thomas. Never a bad choice, but this isn't the year to get picky.

It's Publix and FSU does the exact same thing with the cookie cake. I work at the hotel that hosts FSU's official visits. I've seen the itinerary for recruits and I'm not sure where this idea that FSU brings the "sistas" out for their recuits. Their visits go something like this: Arrive at hotel room with FSU cookie cake or cupcakes waiting, get picked up by position coach, tour stadium, tour facilities, eat lunch, meet head coach, watch film with position coach, see locker room, back to the hotel for dinner at Shulas, matched up with (Insert similar player already on team) host for night, get dropped off to the hotel by player host either drunk or stoned. repeat.

It's up to the coaches to sell the football team, school and facilities and the city to a certain extent its REALLY up to the current players chosen as player hosts to show the kids around the city. Same as Miami.

Last edited:
Two things I noted:

- Focus should be on recruiting local kids.
- Recruiting visit needs to be more exciting to show off the benefits of Miami.

It does not appear to be the out of state or out of the area player that needs convincing to be in Miami.

I do believe coaches are working extremely hard in recruiting. this is their 4th go around and if you cant tell that haven't learned something about s fla recruiting from this past class then you are mistaken. Yes we missed on some recruits but who doesn't? they understand to bring the U back to dominance it must have a S fla base where talent is endless. With this year's cream of the crop we can say that the coaches have built those relationships that are needed. SBB, Ridley, Johnson, Cronkite all speak highly of the coaching staff. We finally got studs in the front 7 to go with our studs in the secondary. we got playmakers everywhere. Recruits that believe in bringing back the traditon of swagger. im with everyone else D'no sucks *** and it seems he just doesnt fit well down here and i dont think he likes it down here personally. if Fla can go 4-8 and have a top 10 class its clearly little about winning but merely stroking the egos of these kids and having great relationships with the family. bowling seems to suck but if you look at it. Golden is trying to build bonding with families. what do families do go bowling to have fun with each other. i hate the idea because i know what Miami has to offer but its just a recruiting tatic.

I agree with #4 and #5.

2) no more freaking bowling on visits this is Miami I'm sorry kids coming from the inner city don't want to see coco walk and play bowling they wanna see sistas. FSU brings out the FAMU girls we need to have these kids around the beach basically all day and night. Yes show them the campus and the new facilities but also plan some day events on the beach like maybe parasailing jet skis just a beach day I dunno be creative. Let them see why all the celebs come down here. Coral Gables is beautiful and a great place to live but kids want to see the excitement of real Miami night life. Maybe even take them up to Ft Lauderdale Las Olas it's only about 20 mins away from the stadium. Those Welcome to the U cookies would be great if we were recruiting 8th graders but these dudes need convincing. The SEC schools pull out all the stops. We have the resources we don't take advantage.

3) if schools are going to bad talk us we mine as well bad talk them to remind recruits that UF lost to that D2 school last year and that FSU had those issues with Winston and that rape case. If other schools want to tell parents how unsafe it is in Miami why do we have to be the nice guys and not fire back.

As for #2, I do believe they still take kids to south beach, they also go to Monty's, etc. As for bowling, it's probably just a filler for time. I'm sure it's not the focus. Besides, there's a poster on here who at one point was involved with recruit visits and he claimed that they do a heck of a lot in addition to bowling.

Advertisement
The defense needs to show a major turnaround. The style of play is being used against us. Our staff has to know this, right?

Kids no longer go to a school because they grew up liking that school. They're more educated today. Have much more information available to them. Have more voices in their head than before.

We not only have to win, but we have to do it in an aggressive manner. This Temple ball that Fat Al and Doritos have brought to Miami isn't gonna cut it.

Win with ******* style.

Good write up K. I've always been skeptical of the cookie idea. And whoever has been responsible for decorating them needs a new job.

-Get more aggressive on D.
-Golden needs to get up close and personal in the community with these coaches and players. Can't let D'Oh be solely responsible for Broward, cause it seems he got stuck at St. Thomas. Never a bad choice, but this isn't the year to get picky.

It's Publix and FSU does the exact same thing with the cookie cake. I work at the hotel that hosts FSU's official visits. I've seen the itinerary for recruits and I'm not sure where this idea that FSU brings the "sistas" out for their recuits. Their visits go something like this: Arrive at hotel room with FSU cookie cake or cupcakes waiting, get picked up by position coach, tour stadium, tour facilities, eat lunch, meet head coach, watch film with position coach, see locker room, back to the hotel for dinner at Shulas, matched up with (Insert similar player already on team) host for night, get dropped off to the hotel by player host either drunk or stoned. repeat.

It's up to the coaches to sell the football team, school and facilities and the city to a certain extent its REALLY up to the current players chosen as player hosts to show the kids around the city. Same as Miami.

Did u miss the photos of Ermon Lane chilling at the club with Winston and than later chilling at the parade?

if you think visits consist of bowling at Strike and Coco Walk then there really is no need to comment

Advertisement

Cookie cakes smh

Cookie cakes isn't a big deal ...its the whole visit. The bowling thing has to stop

My whole comment was a joke. I have no idea what they do and I'm not advocating baking something "extra" in the cookies, or stopping bowling, or going to the topless beach. I figure they have a pretty good idea what an official visit should look like. Some years ago, I used to hear that UF used to have a jersey with the recruit's name and number and they could put it in and go out on the stadium field and all kinds of music would go off. Some kids used to love it. I don't know what UM does, especially not having a campus stadium. I always wondered what UM did as an equivalent.

On the other hand, I haven't bowled since I was a kid....I don't even know if people are still big into bowling. I was kind of surprised when I read a few years ago that they do this on OVs but than what do I know?

Advertisement
Back