Keys to winning over 2015 recruits

kperez4446

Sophomore
1) sell them at coming in as a group you have the Westminister Trio the Monarch duo and the Franchise which are all close . Try to get them in as a package same way Florida attempted getting Cook Lane and Quincy to play together.

2) no more freaking bowling on visits this is Miami I'm sorry kids coming from the inner city don't want to see coco walk and play bowling they wanna see sistas. FSU brings out the FAMU girls we need to have these kids around the beach basically all day and night. Yes show them the campus and the new facilities but also plan some day events on the beach like maybe parasailing jet skis just a beach day I dunno be creative. Let them see why all the celebs come down here. Coral Gables is beautiful and a great place to live but kids want to see the excitement of real Miami night life. Maybe even take them up to Ft Lauderdale Las Olas it's only about 20 mins away from the stadium. Those Welcome to the U cookies would be great if we were recruiting 8th graders but these dudes need convincing. The SEC schools pull out all the stops. We have the resources we don't take advantage.

3) if schools are going to bad talk us we mine as well bad talk them to remind recruits that UF lost to that D2 school last year and that FSU had those issues with Winston and that rape case. If other schools want to tell parents how unsafe it is in Miami why do we have to be the nice guys and not fire back.

4) get on kids with grade issues like Pierce, McKenzie and others and show interest even if they have to prep they will remember the love we showed and keep us in mind if things change. Like we did with Choc

5) no more waiting to see more before we offer. We are 30 mins away from any school we should be able to call a coach. Get tape watch 7on7!footage etc and should not be out of the loop.

6) stop failing in Broward it seems as though that's Dnofrios region. He may suck as a DC but there should be no excuse for neglecting schools like American Heritage Univ School and missing on guys like Dowells, McKenzie, the lb that went to Clemson etc.

7.) Start Winning we have not won a bowl game in 8 freaking years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wait Donofrio is responsible for broward and we are failing? Not surprised one bit...

They key has already been done the ncaa handcuffs were lifted in dec/jan and we still got a great class full speed ahead

Advertisement
Winning cures all. Year 4 golden has his guys in there. Gotta win the coastal this year, how long we gonna keep blaming randy?

This program is ready to explode, it just takes that one breakthrough season to make people forget the last decade. With our pro history, titles, location, and education, we have a strong sell and have recruited decently without success to sell but we can't circle the wagon forever. We have plenty of talent to win the coastal and failure to do that is a failure, straight up.

Good write up K. I've always been skeptical of the cookie idea. And whoever has been responsible for decorating them needs a new job.

-Get more aggressive on D.
-Golden needs to get up close and personal in the community with these coaches and players. Can't let D'Oh be solely responsible for Broward, cause it seems he got stuck at St. Thomas. Never a bad choice, but this isn't the year to get picky.

Advertisement
Not saying we should commit any recruiting violations but I remember hearing the story about Clinton Portis committing to Miami while at a strip club. We don't have to break any rules like this, but we have to be able to do better than bowling alleys and video games

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wait Donofrio is responsible for broward and we are failing? Not surprised one bit...

Is this actually true? I know since Coach D is a bad defensive coordinator it is easy to assign blame for anything bad that happens to him but my feeling is that ALL the coaches are involved in local recruiting. I cannot imagine that Barrow, Hurlie and Coley aren't also majorly involved in Broward and Palm Beach counties as well.

And no, I'm not taking up for Coach D, I just don't know how recruiting responsibilities are divided up amongst the staff and would like to know.

Last edited:
Yeah, I never understood the bowling thing...what's with the bowling? Does anybody even bowl anymore?

As far as the cookies, they should try baking some "extra" ingredients in them....you know, an extra buzz other than the sugar.

Do they take them to the topless beach? I've heard there is one. Does the NCAA have a "no topless" rule? Maybe Donna does.

Yeah, I never understood the bowling thing...what's with the bowling? Does anybody even bowl anymore?

As far as the cookies, they should try baking some "extra" ingredients in them....you know, an extra buzz other than the sugar.

Do they take them to the topless beach? I've heard there is one. Does the NCAA have a "no topless" rule? Maybe Donna does.

i'm tired of defending my boys at the recruiting office. and mods please don't delete this because it's not false info.

private message me for an inside look at an official recruiting visit.

Advertisement
Back