Key Smith Quit?

Advertisement
@IndayArtHauz come get yo kid.

When people were talking about a player faking an injury this was my guess. Dude is one of the best KR in the nation right now and fell off the face of the earth. He was one of the only bright spots at WR coming out of camp, unsure what happened and why is playing time fell off the way it did. I thought he would fill the Rambo role for TVD this year as the deep threat but writing has been on the wall.

Since UNC he has been non-existent on offense: 2 catches for 20 yards against UNC;
No stats for Vtech
No catches and 1 rush for 7 yards vs Duke
1 catch for 7 yards vs UVA (injury game)
No stats for FSU
No stats for Gtech

Feel like we say this a lot but he flashed at times however never put it together consistently. He was a last ditch take after we missed on guys and committed sight unseen to Miami. He never had a single 100 yard game in his career at UM and I remember Cooper from FSU (a guy @Liberty City El was very high on) shutting him down when we needed him to step up.
Never given a chance by this joke of a staph. Cant wait to watch Josh Flaccid wander the sidelines for 3 FG attempts tomorrow, especially with the 4.5 skill players he has left on scholarship.

Key is excited to play for an HC who isn’t on an 8 year plan. We look forward to facing Miami as future B12 rivals and trust Coach Lashlee will maximize his talents once again.

Advertisement
Coaching staff has been limiting his reps I’m guessing because of this…

Seems like he never bought in and let a late addition kid from out of left field JUCO level show up and take his job.

Sad because he flashed but seems like he never wanted to double down with more work on his craft to get that next level.

1668813527417.jpeg

Advertisement
Kids gave the new staff a chance, good for them. But the program been on bad shape for a long time. Something’s gonna change and it won’t be Mario for a long time
To be fair the staff also gave them a clean slate as well so far the 3 transfers were getting good snaps beginning of the season.

Advertisement
@IndayArtHauz come get yo kid.

Dude is one of the best KR in the nation right now and fell off the face of the earth.

/Cue the DannyBoyCane voice/

At no point,... AT NO POINT was Key Smith one of the best kick returners in the nation. He piled on some stats against Bethune Cookman's JV special teams and that's it. There was a reason why every team we faced continued to kick directly at him when ever they had the chance.

/End the DannyBoyCane voice/

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back