Kevin Steele on Joe Rose this morning

Advertisement
I don’t see how simply playing with more gap integrity will improve the defense as a whole, as stated by several posters within this thread.

If you don’t have enough talent, playing your assignment or gap is great as far as being where the coaches want you to be; but you are also going to lose vs OLmen that are more talented than you.

That leads to things like having to blitz more, leaving your back 7 more exposed; having the first contact with the RB (on run plays) be further down the field; being easier to gameplan against, because that element of surprise is gone; etc etc etc.

Manny’s scheme gets skewered pretty badly around these boards these days (rightfully so, IMO). But the solution isn’t as simple as “do the opposite of what Manny did.”

We need more talent. That is evident by how hard Mario is attacking DLmen in the portal. Hopefully a few guys already on the roster that couldn’t contribute within the old schemes, can do something to contribute in the new scheme. But I think there needs to be a serious infusion of talent in order to get things fixed, way more than a simple change of philosophy on DL gap integrity can fix.
No....Manny Sucked ***...his evaluating and coaching was absolute toilet water....
Reed, @Brooklyndee , and a plethora of other Canes knew it from Jump....Reed literally got in Mannys face on the sidelines one game, and of course Manny (the smartest guy in the room) turned around and walked away from a Legend, who forgot more about Defensive FB, than Slip & Slide boy will ever know.

No....Manny Sucked ***...his evaluating and coaching was absolute toilet water....
Reed, @Brooklyndee , and a plethora of other Canes knew it from Jump....Reed literally got in Mannys face on the sidelines one game, and of course Manny (the smartest guy in the room) turned around and walked away from a Legend, who forgot more about Defensive FB, than Slip & Slide boy will ever know.
For 15 years we’ve been watching teams with less talent than us beat us consistently because we get out-coached

Of course we want and need more talent but we’ve been playing 1 possession games in the ACC for years. The little things are going to matter a lot.

I’m struggling to understand what this has to do with anything I said? Or is it just another opportunity to suck off the 98-2001 canes?

Advertisement
I’m struggling to understand what this has to do with anything I said? Or is it just another opportunity to suck off the 98-2001 canes?
Suck off the 98-2001 Canes??....Wtf are you even talking about??....where tf did anything about those teams even come up in my statement??

Advertisement
Back