Confirmed Kevin Steele GONE to Bama

Advertisement
Strong leaving will hurt with recruiting and the kids love him but if he’s not getting the play calling gig I’d expect him to leave. Tifwiw.
@Cribby any idea why Strong would go elsewhere unless it was to call plays? Meaning, what's the point in going to Bama? Miami can match pay, living in Alabama sucks and he can coach the kids he recruited.

@Cribby any idea why Strong would go elsewhere unless it was to call plays? Meaning, what's the point in going to Bama? Miami can match pay, living in Alabama sucks and he can coach the kids he recruited.
Because working for Saban and winning NCs with elite talent is > coaching for Mario to try and be average in an ACC that's about to be irrelevant?

He can boost/reignite his career at Alabama.

Advertisement
Because working for Saban and winning NCs with elite talent is > coaching for Mario to try and be average in an ACC that's about to be irrelevant?

Also Charlie is from Arkansas

Boost his career, the man is in his 60s. Not many opportunities let for him

At this poInt was does it matter ? Recruiting is over. There was always going to be changes on both sides of that ball.

If waiting longer than we’d like assures he gets it right I don’t care. Just get it right.
Must be nice having the eagles to fall back on

He never promised DVD anything.

I’m not Mario’s biggest fan, but I’m not going to slander the guy either.
I was referring to what he allegedly told McLain. I don't know what he lead DVD to believe but if you have a personal relationship with him I take your word on it.

Advertisement
How do you know other programs didn’t want him as a DC? He can be picky as **** with his buyouts from multiple programs. He’s more respected in coaching circles than he is on CIS. People clowned Mario for these hires but Lord Saban is trying to take both our DC’s.
Your last point is really the thing that makes absolutely no sense to me lol. Like the amount of *****ing being done when our Coach(es) are being taken by Bama is insane. I mean I'm annoyed at how long this **** is taking too, but at the end of the day the miss is Gattis - pretty much exclusively. People talking **** about Steele/Strong are just being dumb. The entire Defensive staff seemed fine to me. Addae gets a lot of hate, so idk what the deal is there, but otherwise it seems as a whole the big issue there really was definitely talent imo. Now obviously whether it happens tomorrow or takes till Spring Practice to hire an OC, the only thing that matters is Mario gets the right guy. Personally I'd go with Litrell. But If It's Candle I'm fine. Hopefully it just isn't someone ****.

..Btw any word on Addae/Wright? Seems like Wright doesn't do anything, and Addae is returning. I assume if Strong is promoted to DC, DVD gets promoted to on field...

Your last point is really the thing that makes absolutely no sense to me lol. Like the amount of *****ing being done when our Coach(es) are being taken by Bama is insane. I mean I'm annoyed at how long this **** is taking too, but at the end of the day the miss is Gattis - pretty much exclusively. People talking **** about Steele/Strong are just being dumb. The entire Defensive staff seemed fine to me. Addae gets a lot of hate, so idk what the deal is there, but otherwise it seems as a whole the big issue there really was definitely talent imo. Now obviously whether it happens tomorrow or takes till Spring Practice to hire an OC, the only thing that matters is Mario gets the right guy. Personally I'd go with Litrell. But If It's Candle I'm fine. Hopefully it just isn't someone ****.

..Btw any word on Addae/Wright? Seems like Wright doesn't do anything, and Addae is returning. I assume if Strong is promoted to DC, DVD gets promoted to on field...
Strong won’t be promoted. I doubt DVD goes on field. There still could be more changes to d staff.

Strong won’t be promoted. I doubt DVD goes on field. There still could be more changes to d staff.
Yeah just saw your other posts after I wrote that...
Jason Taylor cool staying off field? Honestly I'm really not tripping too much about defense regardless what happens there. OC is the decision that is going to be most critical by far.

Advertisement
Yeah just saw your other posts after I wrote that...
Jason Taylor cool staying off field? Honestly I'm really not tripping too much about defense regardless what happens there. OC is the decision that is going to be most critical by far.
JT has to give up the dolphins broadcasts if he wants to go on field.

Well he did coach a AP all American, and Rique lit it up at the senior bowl.
you think one year of Addae is why Rique lit it up? everyone on here told you hes our best pro eligible prospect coming into the season before addae even existed on the UM website

Advertisement
Our CB's were so bad that Steele couldn't even run his base coverage because they were getting cooked.

For those who don't know...

Steele is a big Cover-3 "Match" guy...with press alignment on the outside. He literally said in one of his first clinics at Miami..."We are a press team. We are going to disrupt routes."

Well when the defensive staff got to Miami, our Corners didn't even know how to properly play press. (thanks Manny)
The staff spent a ton of energy reteaching them how to properly perform the fundamentals of coverage. This is part of implementing a new scheme. Coaches do it across the country.

Well fast forward to 4/5 games through the season (?), our CB's were getting cooked on deep vertical routes. It was evident at that point that we couldn't run our base scheme. I literally watched them change their scheme to a more of a loose zone Cover-2 shell to try and salvage some defensive success/momentum.

Some people might say "well you shouldn't be running that scheme with those players". But that's not how it works. Finding out what your players can and can't do, takes a little longer than people think. It takes at least a few games of live action versus an opponent. Every week you try to "coach it up" as best as you can until it's blatantly evident that they can't perform the duties required. If you change the scheme too quickly, instead of coaching up the players, you essentially show the players that you don't believe in them.

Coaches that have been doing this for 30 years have a system that they believe in. With that system, you need certain type of players. You are not going to change the system that you've been running for 30 years to fit around a lack of talent. Not at a level of football where you can actually cherry pick what you need. This isn't high school.

Steele didn't have what he needed at CB or LB. (particularly CB)
What about Pruitt? Seems like he would be the best defensive mind out there and UM is not in the SEC where he might have had SEC bylaw problems and deal with the SEC commissioner.

What about Pruitt? Seems like he would be the best defensive mind out there and UM is not in the SEC where he might have had SEC bylaw problems and deal with the SEC commissioner.
He’s a defensive genius but probably the last thing a staff with fragile chemistry needs.

He’s a defensive genius but probably the last thing a staff with fragile chemistry needs.

Yeah...

If we thought Gattis was a ticking time-bomb...

Pruitt is worse...

images

Advertisement
Back