Kevin Smith gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Ponce got a promotion, Smith went back to his old job in the SEC and Strong is probably going to end up at Bama.

Other than that…
- Ponce got fired in house in November as I’ve been repeating incessantly for months, and was told to leave or face public axing.

- Smith was extremely lazy on the trail and refused to visit Heritage down the god**** road, causing Mario to have to bail his a$$ out and win over Fletcher when it should have been a layup. Wasn’t returning either way, nice comfy landing spot to save face.

- Steele was literally mentioned as a temporary fix while Saban waits for the stench of Pruitt to wear off. No one at Alabama views this as a successful hire.

- No other program wanted Strong as a DC. Weird how he hasn’t been officially hired at Bama right? My money is him being named an analyst; if he was the preferred LB coach, he would have been hire by now. Shows you what Saban thinks of him

- Gattis shouldn’t be allowed within 100 yds of a school

We good here?

- Ponce got fired in house in November as I’ve been repeating incessantly for months, and was told to leave or face public axing.

- Smith was extremely lazy on the trail and refused to visit Heritage down the god**** road, causing Mario to have to bail his a$$ out and win over Fletcher when it should have been a layup. Wasn’t returning either way, nice comfy landing spot to save face.

- Steele was literally mentioned as a temporary fix while Saban waits for the stench of Pruitt to wear off. No one at Alabama views this as a successful hire.

- No other program wanted Strong as a DC. Weird how he hasn’t been officially hired at Bama right? My money is him being named an analyst; if he was the preferred LB coach, he would have been hire by now. Shows you what Saban thinks of him

We good here?
We are good here. Thanks for adding some sanity to an otherwise insane day.

- Steele was literally mentioned as a temporary fix while Saban waits for the stench of Pruitt to wear off. No one ay Alabama views this as a successful hire.

We good here?

Dude why're you wasting your time. If the same staff came back he would just find a way to spin it as a negative. Win win lol

Advertisement
Lord, please bring me Jimmy Lake as Co-DC/DB

Jimmy Lake and Mario have beef I believe. Lake insulted Oregon the school, their academics and their recruiting when he was at rival Washington. Lake was also dismissed for cause after a physical altercation on the sideline at UW. Seems unlikely, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: ben

We good here?

So it was the coaching….

Runs…..,

Advertisement
So it was the coaching….

Runs…..,
Players certainly not good enough but yeah, Mario f^cked around and found out… a bunch of shiny toys on the surface proved to be rotten and withered away, with very little motivation or work ethic left.

Now he’s starting from square 1, and so far it looks like he’s learning.

Advertisement
Edit: I do not think anyone not named Miribal is safe.
It’s reaching the point where it’s a lot easier to count the coaches from last season that are still with the team instead trying to count all the ones who have already left.

Still at UM:

Mario
Mirabal

???

Oh good lord, the selective way you spin your bull****...

Ponce "got a promotion"? Good lord, he went back to the same job (and same woman) he had at Appalachian State. Same with Smith and Ole Miss. And then you invent the "Strong is probably going to end up at Bama" stuff when they have no coaching positions available.

Other than that...
All asked to move on.

Mario alluded to this in an interview a while back. It's why he's so involved in recruiting. He tells every recruit — "you commit to the head coach and not your position coach. They come and go, so as long as you believe in the HC's vision, you know their replacement will be to your liking."

Exactly. He learned it from Saban. That’s one of sabans main things he tells every recruit. Don’t expect your coaches to be here the whole time you are.

If you set them up ahead of time with that then it should slow any issues once it happens. Now the portal is new so we will see how much that changes things but I doubt kids leave cause of Smith. RB coaches are a dime a dozen

Advertisement
That all the offensive coaches are gone except Mirabel which is not true unless if Field also is gone

Well, we wanted an interesting off season, & chit can’t be more interesting than having an incomplete, uncertain staff just mere weeks b4 Spring Practice. Now the question is will Mario have a staff in place on Moses’ parting the Red Sea miracle levels before Spring Practice or a staph in place like making “spread” in prison b/c of no other choice levels before Spring Practice?

Well, we wanted an interesting off season, & chit can’t be more interesting than having an incomplete, uncertain staff just mere weeks b4 Spring Practice. Now the question is will Mario have a staff in place on Moses’ parting the Red Sea miracle levels before Spring Practice or a staph in place like making “spread” in prison b/c of no other choice levels before Spring Practice?

He could hire a RB coach tomorrow. There are tons to guys qualified all over America who can coach RB. Smith seemed like a good guy and coach but it’s nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back