Kevin Olsen updates at Elite 11

My only concern for the quarterbacks we have is that fisch leaves after the season. If he stays our qb's should all develop well

Advertisement
My only concern for the quarterbacks we have is that fisch leaves after the season. If he stays our qb's should all develop well

I'm with you here. Coordinator and position coach continuity is very important, especially for the QB.

The word is Olsen is looking very impressive at the Elite 11 on day 2, like one of the top performers. It would not surprise me if Scout re-ranked him if things continue as they are developing now.

Easy now, peoples. I read better reviews about Kyle Wright back in the day.

The kid will have to beat out Preston Dewey. That's not a given. Olsen could end up being a career 2nd stringer here.

Wright would have and should have been a **** good QB here with better coaching. He was an All-ACC kid his first year as a starter but got worse the longer he stayed in the program. For the better part of a decade that has been a common theme with many of our guys. Remember how excited we all were about the 2008 class after they had us in first place in the Coastal as true freshman. Outside of Spence and B Harris, the rest of the guys who played that year either didn't get better or got worse. That's poor coaching.

For Olsen and anybody else we bring in under Golden and company the player development has to be better. We saw a little of that last year with Jacory having a solid year and Streeter finally producing but we need a lot more of that.

+1

As someone who has actually seen Dewey and Crow practice at length, I'd be shocked if Olsen wasn't better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As someone who has actually seen Dewey and Crow practice at length, I'd be shocked if Olsen wasn't better.

Well, ****. Assuming things fall in place, do you maybe see Crow as a candidate for a position change (TE)?

Advertisement
Easy now, peoples. I read better reviews about Kyle Wright back in the day.

The kid will have to beat out Preston Dewey. That's not a given. Olsen could end up being a career 2nd stringer here.

Wright would have and should have been a **** good QB here with better coaching. He was an All-ACC kid his first year as a starter but got worse the longer he stayed in the program. For the better part of a decade that has been a common theme with many of our guys. Remember how excited we all were about the 2008 class after they had us in first place in the Coastal as true freshman. Outside of Spence and B Harris, the rest of the guys who played that year either didn't get better or got worse. That's poor coaching.

For Olsen and anybody else we bring in under Golden and company the player development has to be better. We saw a little of that last year with Jacory having a solid year and Streeter finally producing but we need a lot more of that.

+1

KW looked very good in his first year, and then the OC carousel started and the OL forgot how to block. Kid had all the physical tool you look for, he was mentally beatne down by the end of his career.

i thought everyone was high on Dewey?

When he is the best you got, fans will rationalize. I have not seen the kid play or practice in person, but two things stuck out for me; no Texas offer and the fact the kid was a year older then everyone as senior. Of course this last little fact somehow turned into Dewey being a year younger amongst some of our fans. Dewey seems like an decent QB prospect but hardly anything to get excited over.

Advertisement
I always liked that Kelly kid better than Dewey. Only thing I liked about Dewey is the coaching he received, mechanics and the fact that he seemed smart. His tools are just average.

Advertisement
Back