2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way to flip thIs one. Losing Coleman hurts. Kid is a stud.
Im not saying it doesn’t hurt ppl, but how about some perspective. How many canes fans even knew who this player was one month ago? I saw the live commitment and though not seeing him pick up the U hat was disappointing, Im already moved on.

Advertisement
Yes. Let's say that Deion signs 25 four and five star kids. Every game is going to be Central Connecticut State. Great development for the athletes.
Not only that. When they go undefeated, they’ll be claiming UCF level National championships.
ucf football national champs GIF by UCF Knights

Can we end this thread? Out of all our needs, this was the least. This was a luxury pick up if it happened.

Move on
While I like our young guys, take a moment to look at the rest of the WR room. We lost our career receptions leader, our single season yards leader, and three rotational guys to the portal. WR is definitely not a luxury pickup with only one guy signed that a portion of the board was meh on. I know, the portal the portal, well the portal receivers have chosen elsewhere so far, lets hope we do more than mr. glass ladson.

While I like our young guys, take a moment to look at the rest of the WR room. We lost our career receptions leader, our single season yards leader, and three rotational guys to the portal. WR is definitely not a luxury pickup with only one guy signed that a portion of the board was meh on. I know, the portal the portal, well the portal receivers have chosen elsewhere so far, lets hope we do more than mr. glass ladson.
coleman obviously would have been a big pickup

but with frank ladson available, the fcs receiver, and the biggest WR class in YEARS in '23... WR was not a critical need by any means this year

Advertisement
A freshman WR is definitely a luxury. We need a portal WR. Keyshawn smith and X are our vets right now who will play alot.

Brashard, Mello, George all waiting in the wings and will play alot as well.

Advertisement
They are not good football schools. Only reason to go to one is if they offer you an unbelievable NIL deal and you want to take the guaranteed money. If you get half the money, can be coached by a better coach, and play for a more reputable school, not sure why you would pick an HBCU. Only reasons would be if you have doubt you will make it to the nfl or you have a tie to the school. Can someone name the last player drafted from JSU?
Or you want to be there

How this cat gonna make it to the league by going up against lawyers, doctors, and band members for 4 years

Advertisement
What??? A guy like him and Hunter are totally opposite of lazy and not wanting a challenge. These two are betting on themselves saying they will get where they want to go regardless.
I guess that’s one way of looking at it. What happens when you underperform or are just considered “average” against FCS opponents after being ranked so highly out of HS?

If I was an NFL scout and asked you why didn’t you chose to play at a bigger college against better competition, what would your answer be?

Wasn’t talking about football buddy, calm down. That statement was in reference to buddy’s rant about HBCU’s. But, eventually if good players go that route and they start winning some will move up in classification. ****, FSU started out as an all girls school lol
Wait when did FSU stop being an All Girls School??? Their football team could’ve fooled me

Advertisement
I guess that’s one way of looking at it. What happens when you underperform or are just considered “average” against FCS opponents after being ranked so highly out of HS?

If I was an NFL scout and asked you why didn’t you chose to play at a bigger college against better competition, what would your answer be?

If he is avg or underperform against fcs then he was overrated coming out of HS. No different than some of the high profile recruits that came here as 4 or 5 star recruits then went undesired because they underperformed. Same as any kid that underperforms.

If he is avg or underperform against fcs then he was overrated coming out of HS. No different than some of the high profile recruits that came here as 4 or 5 star recruits then went undesired because they underperformed. Same as any kid that underperforms.
That’s what I’m saying.

Not really “betting on himself” by playing against guys every week who will never play in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back