2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I'm actually happy for HBCU schools. I'm glad they are getting public recognition. But (I'm assuming) Coleman was promised a $300K-ish NIL deal. After a flashy car and momma a new home, and tax season, that's gone. I know these young men can't see the long game, but why not go to UM (Coleman Jr) or FSU (Hunter), get national exposure and coached by some of the best college coaches in the world (JK about FSU coaches), make money with NIL deals, and also get drafted with a guaranteed six figure deal? It's the long game that Hunter and Coleman are not seeing and sooner or later, they will realize that men like Deion, truly only care about themselves.

Coleman can easily make over $100K on NIL deals while playing at Miami. Easily.
I was with you until the part "Men like Deion, truly only care about themselves".

I would think that Deion is using any and all recruiting resources just like every other college football coach in America.

I hate FSU alums just like any other Cane, but it's purely for football reasons. Questioning another man's character on this level is below the belt imo.

Advertisement
Disagree guys who can make it to the league can ply anywhere and be found lol this isn’t the 90s anymore. Let a kid go there hope his plan works I’m not rooting for him but don’t have to go at HBCUs now I don’t think this will last I think it’s the cool new thing but once Deion is gone it’s over
They really don’t though man. The kids who perform at the small schools now use the portal to transfer to big schools and show they can do it in the power 5 for a year.

It’s a money grab nothing more, nothing less. Don’t blame him taking the free pay day but let’s not make this out to be a good decision if your priority is playing in the NFL.

Kevin Coleman to JSU that’s lit can’t even be mad about that one. He’s nice but we got a few NFL receivers on our roster right now

It should be pretty easy to recruit against them going forward - starting with the fact that your chances of going to the NFL and getting developed properly, just drastically deteriorated.

And before the race police comes in and says that I'm saying that because it's an HBCU - just look at the facts: Every P5 school in America (at this point) has better facilities, coaches, strength and nutrition programs, etc. It's just common sense. Now can that change in the coming years? Sure - but not now, and not very soon.

A lot of these children are making decisions for the present, not the future...and that's sad. But f^ck em, they made their bed, time to lay in it.
The fact that we even need to recruit against them is pathetic.

I was with you until the part "Men like Deion, truly only care about themselves".

I would think that Deion is using any and all recruiting resources just like every other college football coach in America.

I hate FSU alums just like any other Cane, but it's purely for football reasons. Questioning another man's character on this level is below the belt imo.
I respect your opinion.

Advertisement
No actually. You are in the running for one of the worst posters of 2023 in next years awards.
Spider-Man Reaction GIF

It should be pretty easy to recruit against them going forward - starting with the fact that your chances of going to the NFL and getting developed properly, just drastically deteriorated.

And before the race police comes in and says that I'm saying that because it's an HBCU - just look at the facts: Every P5 school in America (at this point) has better facilities, coaches, strength and nutrition programs, etc. It's just common sense. Now can that change in the coming years? Sure - but not now, and not very soon.

A lot of these children are making decisions for the present, not the future...and that's sad. But f^ck em, they made their bed, time to lay in it.
Your perspective is interesting. However, HBCUs and Miami are trying to do the same thing. Rebuild their respective programs. It has to start somewhere.

As a diehard Canes fan, I always want us to get the best players. In this situation, we’ll be fine. We’re good at WR. Getting more quality WR’s while it’s always a good look, we’d be stacking. We have other areas of major need. As a product of an HBCU myself, I smiled when I heard the news. HBCU’s in general have produced and continue to produce some of the finest black leaders in general with half the fanfare and even less of the resources of PWI’s. 2

Blue chip players going to HBCU’s isn’t going to kill major college FB. Beyond football, these players will grow immensely from the environment of an HBCU education and experience due to them actually being valued as people off the field and not only seen as commodities to be stacked, siphoned, dealt. The slander that some of you “sophisticated” individuals are throwing at HBCU’s is unwarranted and uncalled for.

A year ago you probably wouldn’t have strung together the letters H-B-C-&-U to conjure up an idea or sentiment that could be classified of as intelligent nor coherent. However today you find yourself “hating” an HBCU who rich history or culture you know nothing about simply because it “stole” one of your “precious” black boy athlete commodities... Shut the **** up and chill out.

He’s gonna be aite. He’s in good hands. Deion is doing a commendable job, period. We lost out on a recruit, we’ll grab others. You better fix your mouth quick fast and in a mutha****n hurry talking about black people’s business on the site and LETS BE CLEAR, HBCU’s have always and will unequivocally ALWAYS be black peoples business. In the immortal words of the famous urban poet known as “The Snowman”, *****, get cha mind right..
fy1z.gif

Advertisement
Wasn’t talking about football buddy, calm down. That statement was in reference to buddy’s rant about HBCU’s. But, eventually if good players go that route and they start winning some will move up in classification. ****, FSU started out as an all girls school lol
No problem with HBCU and didn’t see the rant. Could only read so many comments saying the same stuff. It is a football board so made a comment about football. I see what your saying man, but the only reason kids are going to Jackson state is bc barstool is paying the recruits. This is imo a very temporary thing and there is no way HBCUs will ever be on the level(football wise) as 99% of P5 schools.

No it’s more than that. Competition is just as important.

Y’all continue to over play the competition factor. If the kid shows he can play and have the measurables, he’ll get drafted. Why would the NFL overlook him? 2 of the top 10 receivers in the league didn’t play fbs ball. Cooper Kupp is about to break records and lead all receivers in every category from FCS & Ty Hill is sketching out a potential HOF career after playing D2. Then you even have Diontae Johnson in the top 10 after playing at Toledo. Then there’s players like Adam Thielen who went D2. Deon has the influence, platform, and reputation to get these kids seriously scouted. They just have to dominate.

As for Coleman, 247 doesn’t even project him going in the 1st round. If he gets drafted between 2-4 it’s a success.

Advertisement
Y’all continue to over play the competition factor. If the kid shows he can play and have the measurables, he’ll get drafted. Why would the NFL overlook him? 2 of the top 10 receivers in the league didn’t play fbs ball. Cooper Kupp is about to break records and lead all receivers in every category from FCS & Ty Hill is sketching out a potential HOF career after playing D2. Then you even have Diontae Johnson in the top 10 after playing at Toledo. Then there’s players like Adam Thielen who went D2. Deon has the influence, platform, and reputation to get these kids seriously scouted. They just have to dominate.

As for Coleman, 247 doesn’t even project him going in the 1st round. If he gets drafted between 2-4 it’s a success.
each team in the NFL carries 6 WRs (maybe dress 5) each game. 32 teams in the NFL. That's 192 WRs in the NFL and you got two of them who are stars and have Stafford and Mahomes as their QBs and Reid and McVay as their HC/OC. I like those odds :rolleyes:

Your perspective is interesting. However, HBCUs and Miami are trying to do the same thing. Rebuild their respective programs. It has to start somewhere.
Rebuilding Miami could take years under the right coach. Changing the perception for an HBCU to NFL teams would take decades. Don’t see much of a correlation here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back