2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem with HBCU and didn’t see the rant. Could only read so many comments saying the same stuff. It is a football board so made a comment about football. I see what your saying man, but the only reason kids are going to Jackson state is bc barstool is paying the recruits. This is imo a very temporary thing and there is no way HBCUs will ever be on the level(football wise) as 99% of P5 schools.
I quoted it in my post you replied to 🤣

Advertisement
0C239A6F-872A-4547-8D6F-B1A82208323B.gif

Advertisement
Yeah because all HBCU have coaches receiving help recruiting from a corporation worth half a billion dollars. I mean they did beat Nike University and Usc too but we aren’t talking about that lol……..
Nike university? You mean the school that has only landed 4 5 stars in the past 6 years?

Advertisement
I had seen highlights but hadn't watched him in a game up until today. I felt like for a guy his size to make a difference, he should be popping off the screen the way JT did in his UA game a few years back. Coleman is actually smaller and struggled to get separation today. He didn't seem to show much fight for the ball on what turned out to be an INT in the end zone & on a couple of underneath routes, even as they continued to try to find ways to get him involved. I suppose he could have just been nervous, but I was underwhelmed.

Next.

No problem with HBCU and didn’t see the rant. Could only read so many comments saying the same stuff. It is a football board so made a comment about football. I see what your saying man, but the only reason kids are going to Jackson state is bc barstool is paying the recruits. This is imo a very temporary thing and there is no way HBCUs will ever be on the level(football wise) as 99% of P5 schools.

They don’t have to be on that level. Just continue to improve their football play. Liberty, Coastal C, Lafayette, UTSA, Marshall, Troy, San Diego State, Hawaii, etc will more than likely never become p5 but they play good ball. That’s all HBCUs need to continue to do. And I don’t think it’s all barstool for some of these kids. Many want to play for prime, and he is giving a 2nd chance to a bunch of former 4 star recruits who flamed out.

Advertisement
He was never committed to us, so I never really cared about the guy. I wanted him to boast our recruiting rankings, but other than that, I hadn't even seen him play until today.

Think people give too much credence to the HBCU thing. Sure, I don't doubt its a cool aspect to the recruitment of these players, but no other HBCUs are doing this. Would not be happening without Deion or the effect he has (NIL).

Advertisement
Let's not cry now people wanted players to get paid so drop your pantys bend over and wait for it and get use to it won't be the last time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back