2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Holy sh*t dude. Smoke a bowl and relax. In case you forgot 5 minutes earlier we got a top DE who wasn't even considering us a month ago..
Yeah that’s a good solution: do drugs. I’ve been around this for long enough that I’ll remain skeptical until something clearly changes. There are plenty of positive signs around, but I’ll be happy when the change is clear and has already happened.

Mario has been here a month. This class will finish in the 20’s . You just don’t create a foundation and out things in motion at the end of a recruiting class. Let’s talk in 23. Things will look dramatically different.
We landed 3 top 100 players in a month that we had no chance with before. If you aren't a complete idiot you realize this already.

mario is relentless and he is going national at the very best kids

he misses on one, no prob. three more top kids just surfaced on his radar.

and i got a feeling the allure of jsu will fade a bit once they lose.

we may hear from this young man in a year.

Advertisement
I hope youbarent implying skill players have more value than lineman 😄. When was the last corner drafted 1st overall?
I’m the one that said I don’t see Shemar going to a HBCU because of price and you brought up Hunter. What are you talking about?

Y’all are really that hurt about this? Would have been a nice pickup but the WR room will be fine. Y’all acting like we just lost a day 1 starter..

It’ll be ok.
I would rather lose a WR than a good LB, OL or DL any day of the week.
It just goes to show you how little people know. he was supposed to be a packaged deal with hunter to FSU..didn't any of the so called experts think he might follow him to JSU?

Advertisement
They will probably leave after he leaves, but when they have pro days, they will run 4.3s and all nfl scouts will drop their pants lol. As I said, comp won’t matter.
He’s not gonna become a 4.3 guy in JSU’s S&C program. He better put up stupid numbers. If he doesn’t competition will matter.

They will probably leave after he leaves, but when they have pro days, they will run 4.3s and all nfl scouts will drop their pants lol. As I said, comp won’t matter.
A lot of kids are athletes. Trautman was a stud and he played low level.

While obviously i believe Miami would have been a much better choice for him in the long run, i can the see the appeal:

- Start Day 1 at JSU (not happening at UM unless he is really better than X/B.Smith/Portal WR/etc. we have for slot)
- Get All or Majority of Snaps (not happening at UM)
- Be King of the School w/ Hunter. (With his talent, he should dominate there. At UM just another football player)
- Barstool NIL Deal... (i assume, not happening at UM)
- Portal: can always portal out in 1-2 years if it doesn't work out, Deion leaves, or get another NIL deal. Free Agency is here friends, CFB is now different

Not gonna list all the pro's of UM cuz we all know them but guess Deion sold him on the above. Good luck to him

Nope...transfer portal. Pretty sure he wouldn't even have to use scholarships on them either...preferred walk-on spots and the money is a non issue for his kids education.

Under 2 years Prime will be at FSU
I'm hoping FSU has a decent (like 8 wins) but not great season so they keep Norvell and Prime takes another D1 job after next season. He supposedly was pretty close to getting the TCU job this coaching carousel.

Advertisement
Back up your assertions please. If you can:

1. In the past twenty years, how many players from HBCU went in the first round of NFL Draft?

2. How many HBCU games were nationally televised this past season?
No one said nationally televised. But if you are looking for those games you can watch them. And scouts get paid to look. No one said they were going to go first round, but guys get drafted high from small schools often.

Advertisement
I just to not see what all the fuss is over this. Yes he probably is a very good wide receiver, but we got some good ones last year. Brinson, George, and B. Smith have shown what they can do. So there is no mystery with them. We also have some proven upperclassmen. Next year is loaded. We have more important positions. Yes it might have been nice, but I do not see this as any where near a make or break situation.

This is a dumbass comparison. HBCU alums have always been thriving in the private and government circles. And pre SEC segregation those Grambling and Southern Teams would have annihilated those " Alabama and LSU championship teams ". Just look at the NFL hall of fame. People are mad because soon TV deals will start to come to those HBCU conf
I don’t think people are mad… mostly confused… and sad for the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back