2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Agreed…

Listen does it suck we didn’t land him? Of course but…

1. He wasn’t considering us until Mario got hired.
2. Was never committed unlike Hunter who was almost committed 2 years and flipped on signing day.

This isn’t the same as what happened to Fsu. This is no different than us being crystal balled for a recruit from “recruiting experts “ and the guy picking someone else.

I mean in Mario’s short time if missing out on Coleman is the biggest thing but landing players like Moss, Iuli, Florence, Conerly, Moten maybe Christian Williams then I’ll take that everyday of the week. Guys that weren’t even on our radar before Mario got here.

Securing Wes, Kelly, flipping Skinner… cmon
Yes I'm mostly mad everyone had me convinced we were moving to 21 in rankings 😄.

Yeah I’m definitely not sick of being humiliated during a national declaration and being played in the process. Definitely not a repeat phenomenon. Literally never happened at all and definitely not in a comparatively greater rate than other schools.
Holy sh*t dude. Smoke a bowl and relax. In case you forgot 5 minutes earlier we got a top DE who wasn't even considering us a month ago..

Advertisement
They're gonna take a sh*tload of portal guys and already got some I think
Did a little more research. Last year they had 17 commits, and the 2 years before that they weren't in the rankings. So I'm more confused than anything, but I'm guessing it's unranked players for the most part

Lmao there’s no such thing anymore. Scouts will go watch them play anywhere. Plus HBCU games come on TV often. Many guys go in the first round from small schools. NFL doesn’t care about competition or production when evaluating guys.
Back up your assertions please. If you can:

1. In the past twenty years, how many players from HBCU went in the first round of NFL Draft?

2. How many HBCU games were nationally televised this past season?

Advertisement
I am trying to wrap my head around this. Respect to the young man’s decision, Respect to HBCU schools, and Respect to Prime. BUT!!!!!!!!! This kid will never get to play for a Natty, rarely see TV and get that exposure, or play the big boys in a meaningful way.

The look of his family said it all!!!! Also loved the odd request for someone to get his picture!

Best of luck kid!
Or he plays there for a couple of years and - assuming he pans out - then transfers to the school of his choosing. Gets to experience/get exposure for an HBCU and still potentially play for a good team down the road.

10000%, lol. We are in the minority but I believe this is going to happen eventually too.

As for Coleman, great prospect but it’s all good. We got a front 7 difference maker and a much bigger need today in Moss.
Props to the kid for going a different route and I wish em luck, truly. Glad it wasn’t FSU if not us.
I think FSU’s financial situation might be a road block for this……but we’ll see.

Advertisement
Is there any active players in NFL from Jackson State? Serious question..

Advertisement
Bag, as I said. No more good luck to this dude. I hate liars lol
Yep, but you’ll offend the softies here who don’t want to hurt the kid’s feelings.

F^ck him. Again, nothing but the worst to anyone who disrespects us. Hope he never plays a snap there for any reason whatsoever.

I honestly don’t believe he got barstool money. This isn’t really how Portnoy operates. The guy is usually out in front hyping it up as much as possible. He seemed just as surprised as us about this commit.
The optics of Coleman’s commitment is nothing compared to what they did with Hunter. Barstool isnt breaking out major coin for a good prospect that most haven’t heard of at a January all star game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back