2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
A poster on one of the other chats said Coleman committed to Mario with his whole family. Just goes to show you.... Probably why they all looked so sad....
I believe it all the CBS weren't a coincidence.

Advertisement
Does HBCU schools have deep pocketed boosters? Portnoy isn’t going keep dumping millions into Jackson State. Until then it’ll be the same. There were 8 kids committed to UGA just at this game alone.

This is a dumbass comparison. HBCU alums have always been thriving in the private and government circles. And pre SEC segregation those Grambling and Southern Teams would have annihilated those " Alabama and LSU championship teams ". Just look at the NFL hall of fame. People are mad because soon TV deals will start to come to those HBCU conf
Who's mad? I gave props in this very post you're quoting to trying to revive HBCU football. But it's gonna take a lot more than 2 big name recruits. And in the meantime it's a big a$$ risk.. And yes it's a trend. And kids jump on trends. And tends don't always last.

You don’t lose a player to a HBCU for any reason other than barstool.
if it was simply about money these kids would be going to the SEC. Georgia is not about to be outbid by Barstool Sports for the no 1 player in America. i think ppl are underestimating the pitch that Deion, as a prominent black coach (and celebrity), is making to black kids and their families, in a post-Black Lives Matter world, about establishing a path in life outside of mainstream (white) society. now, whether Deion can keep these kids on campus for three years, or even stays that long himself, i dunno. but recruiting is about pitches and it's clear that Deion has one that is resonating regardless of whatever NIL money is out there.

Advertisement
What’s wild is JSU got hella receivers committed or transferring in. Mind you Travis Hunter(I’m skeptical) is supposed to go both ways as well

Advertisement
+1

Being an HBCU alum this is dope. As a cane fan it sucks. But at least it ain’t FSU.
It ain't that fuccin' dope because it ain't our school(s) and we(FAM)gotta deal with that JSU **** lol. But at least we have Coach Simmons, who runs circles around Prime X and O wise. We just gotta keep our roster in range of their talent and we'll have their number...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back