2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see Waddle, but he should have everything Diontae Johnson has shown in the NFL.
Why do y’all keep comparing him to NFL version of Waddle? No disrespect but Coleman is a way better talent & more gifted than Diontae Johnson. That’s a laughable comp

Advertisement
Why do y’all keep comparing him to NFL version of Waddle? No disrespect but Coleman is a way better talent & more gifted than Diontae Johnson. That’s a laughable comp
Diontae johnson is a very productive nfl receiver that was picked in the top 3 rounds of the draft. He’s a gifted player don’t see what’s your issue

Diontae jonnson nfl stats
2020 920 yards 7 tds
2021 1100 plus yards 8 tds

EE275428-2B06-40EE-9C0A-FD51E4417AE6.jpeg

This was Waddle’s 40 time in HS. I’d say Coleman is a low 4.5 guy at this stage as well.

Diontae johnson is a very productive nfl receiver that was picked in the top 3 rounds of the draft. He’s a gifted player don’t see what’s your issue

Diontae jonnson nfl stats
2020 920 yards 7 tds
2021 1100 plus yards 8 tds
Diontae Johnson wasn’t a top 50 recruit coming out of HS with big boy P5 offers. No disrespect to him but that’s a very low ceiling for Coleman

Advertisement
It's called drumming up excitement. Chill out lads. Will be even better when F$U backtracks and thinks they have a shot at someone as good as he is.

Anyways, anyone know the order in which Coleman and Moss will announce Miami? In essence - do they have scheduled announcement times already?

SIAP.

It's just a silly take by Wiltfong, or a really naive view by Coleman. Yes, FSU has an OC....a nobody, recently promoted position coach, plus a severely lacking QB room. Miami has a co-OC already who is also a highly regarded WR coach, is looking at big name OCs, and have an elite QB room. So maybe not having an OC would steer him to some other team, but FSU offers absolutely nothing over us.
Sounds like some hedging on his part. They want as much drama with these announcements as possible. I still find it extremely hard to believe this kid doesn’t know what Miami is doing at OC, or at a minimum the direction Mario wants to go with the hire hire. Why would Mario leave that up to chance? It just doesn’t add up.

It's called drumming up excitement. Chill out lads. Will be even better when F$U backtracks and thinks they have a shot at someone as good as he is.

Anyways, anyone know the order in which Coleman and Moss will announce Miami? In essence - do they have scheduled announcement times already?

SIAP.
We also need to remember the whole Marshall situation last year. Once Manny blew his load early on his commitment and Fong and Ivins got on board the pooch was screwed. He has a vested interest in Miami not succeeding. Or I at least think that way living under my tin foil hat.

Advertisement
View attachment 171110
This was Waddle’s 40 time in HS. I’d say Coleman is a low 4.5 guy at this stage as well.
Waddle got 10.68 track times to his name.. I cant really find anything recent for Coleman, only an 11.32 time from I think his freshman year which isnt really comparable but nothing more recent.. Waddle had burners for a football player

Diontae Johnson wasn’t a top 50 recruit coming out of HS with big boy P5 offers. No disrespect to him but that’s a very low ceiling for Coleman
Being compared to diontae Johnson is no slight to Coleman whatsoever though. He’s a really good athlete and was a day 2 pick and been very productive in the league

is it crazy to think that Coleman may already know who the OC hire is?
Not crazy. But in this just released interview it sounds like Cristobal hasn’t told him yet.

Coleman – like many – is eager to see who Cristobal tabs as his offensive coordinator.

"That's a big thing," Coleman admitted. "I talked to Coach [Cristobal]. He said he's going to let me know asap."

Seems like we haven’t locked an OC yet or Cristobal would have told him.

Waddle got 10.68 track times to his name.. I cant really find anything recent for Coleman, only an 11.32 time from I think his freshman year which isnt really comparable but nothing more recent.. Waddle had burners for a football player
Coleman has burners & football speed. He’s consistently running by Julian Humphrey at the All American practices. Humphrey is a 10.5 guy & one of the fastest kids in the nation btw.

Advertisement
Being compared to diontae Johnson is no slight to Coleman whatsoever though. He’s a really good athlete and was a day 2 pick and been very productive in the league
I agree but I’m saying that’s Coleman’s floor if anything. His ceiling is Waddle/OBJ

Not crazy. But in this just released interview it sounds like Cristobal hasn’t told him yet.

Coleman – like many – is eager to see who Cristobal tabs as his offensive coordinator.

"That's a big thing," Coleman admitted. "I talked to Coach [Cristobal]. He said he's going to let me know asap."

Sounds like we haven’t locked a guy up yet.

I don’t think that means we haven’t locked a guy up yet. What I think that means is that Mario knows if you are really trying to prevent leaks you don’t go telling a secret to a 17 year old kid.

I just compared an incoming Frosh to what Diontae Johnson has shown he can produce in the NFL. That is a really high floor. If you think that's laughable, you're projecting too far ahead, IMO.

As for Waddle, he was supposedly a sub 4.4 guy in HS. Any idea how rare that is in terms of vertical speed? No idea what Coleman is now, but probably high 4.4s or low 4.5s, which is still blazing. (He was a 4.61 guy like 2.5 years ago, as previously noted).

I'm the one who's talked up Coleman throughout this thread, as others have strangely used times and measurements from almost 3 years ago to project the kid. That said, let's not go crazy, either.

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 12.22.02 PM.png

Advertisement
I don’t think that means we haven’t locked a guy up yet. What I think that means is that Mario knows if you are really trying to prevent leaks you don’t go telling a secret to a 17 year old kid.
That’s another way of looking at it, but largely irrelevant. We haven’t told him, that’s the point, and if we haven’t told him by tomorrow and we don’t publicly announce an OC before he makes his commitment tomorrow, it could be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back