2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, partly. But, Jeff was also an impediment to his own growth. Berrios, as a counterexample, continued to get better as time went on despite scheme and QB limitations. And, clearly has continued to develop once he went pro.
^^^This^^^ Jeff had academic issues among other things he was not able to over come. Jeff was more talented than Berrios. Coleman will have an excellent career here under Mario and TVD / Garcia.

Advertisement
I will go out on a limb and say the OC and DC are already hired and will be announced to give us a bounce in coverage and recruiting. Also the recruits know who it is. Cristobal is a calculating coach. This is fake suspense.
I think he’s coming here too. I’m just not gonna utterly dismiss what the kid is saying. It’s certainly possible that a WR might want to know who the OC would be.

Why do y’all keep comparing him to NFL version of Waddle? No disrespect but Coleman is a way better talent & more gifted than Diontae Johnson. That’s a laughable comp

I’m not. Being from Houston, I saw Waddle a few times before Bama and everything that I said remains the same. Waddle had a completely different gear and one of the best I’ve ever seen. I’m not trying to turn this into a Coleman bashing session, I just didn’t agree with the comparison.

No, I am disagreeing with your inability to not speculate on the same post where you quote an interview. From that interview quote, you took ‘we don’t have an OC’ and that’s the portion I disagreed with.
do u know we don’t have an oc or is that u just speculating that we do?

Advertisement
@LeedsCane you disagree with witlfong all you want. im just passing along info
View attachment 171107
“I could see” = 100% speculation

Imagine Mario saying TVD is one of the best QBs in the nation but he decides to hire an OC that’s not going to feature his Qb’s strengths?

How does that jive with what Coleman said that he’s already made his decision days ago?

SMH you gotta remember these guys have to justify the monthly subscription.

“I could see” = 100% speculation

Imagine Mario saying TVD is one of the best QBs in the nation but he decides to hire an OC that’s not going to feature his Qb’s strengths?

How does that jive with what Coleman said that he’s already made his decision days ago?

SMH you gotta remember these guys have to justify the monthly subscription.
Exactly. I’d bet clicks went crazy on both Miami’s & FSU’s site about an hour ago. I’m sure this guy wasn’t coached on his answers but to believe 247 is ok with all these guys being “locked” into a school does them no good.

Is the Army game still a go? Does anyone know if Moss or Coleman are playing for sure?

D is a star *****, he justifies his rankings by the stars next to the name and who’s recruiting them. And to be fair he’d be right a lot more than he’s wrong with that strategy.

I’m sure there’s some crazy takes by me out there on Pope too, but once he arrived I was as hard as anyone on him. I knew we’d struck out with him. I actually ****ed folks off when I said this.

He was super tiny, he looked fragile. He also played very stiff snd had horrible hands. The key area that stuck me was his production in HS, that’s a red flag with me when I evaluate kids. He was the definition of a seven on seven superstar.

He also had
Taking pictures in front of gas stations

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin
Different positions got me.

Advertisement
Is the Army game still a go? Does anyone know if Moss or Coleman are playing for sure?
Looks like Coleman will play since he has been practicing. Moss I haven’t seen any clips so he must be held out and Kelly is having surgery. Look for Coleman to make plays and him and Moss to be Canes on Saturday.

Lots of people have complained about his speed. But go back and watch those first two plays, both times he does this tiny misdirection step about halfway through each route that gets him the additional separation. This is stuff that is beautiful to watch in isolation, to see how a kid runs essentially the same route each time, but with a small wiggle in it that creates the extra space that a faster kid might create by outrunning the defender.

Coleman has good awareness of what he can/should do to get open. I'll take this all-day/everyday over Wiggins/Pope just trying to outrun guys on a fly route.

Plus I like how he argued with the guy who tried to tell him he was out on the first catch. Love this kid.

Nice pull, @brock

Would make no sense to lose this guy to FSU in the year 2022. Only reason would be a lot of playing time.

Operative word being "playing". Not "catching time" or "touchdown time", but he would certainly get some "playing time" to stand around and watch Travis run.

Advertisement
Lots of people have complained about his speed. But go back and watch those first two plays, both times he does this tiny misdirection step about halfway through each route that gets him the additional separation. This is stuff that is beautiful to watch in isolation, to see how a kid runs essentially the same route each time, but with a small wiggle in it that creates the extra space that a faster kid might create by outrunning the defender.

Coleman has good awareness of what he can/should do to get open. I'll take this all-day/everyday over Wiggins/Pope just trying to outrun guys on a fly route.

Plus I like how he argued with the guy who tried to tell him he was out on the first catch. Love this kid.

Nice pull, @brock
He is 100% fast but he ain’t Waddle fast.

is it crazy to think that Coleman may already know who the OC hire is?

That's a very interesting theory. I also noticed how many UM recruits seemed to know who we were going to hire as position coaches before we officially announced the names. They even knew their twitter handles.

Bizarre. How does that happen?

Advertisement
He is 100% fast but he ain’t Waddle fast.

No, you're right, and I was not arguing that he is. Just wanted to point out that Coleman seems to KNOW he is not a top-end-speed guy, and he throws in a few wiggles to get himself more open. I really appreciate that kind of effort and awareness.

Not crazy. But in this just released interview it sounds like Cristobal hasn’t told him yet.

Coleman – like many – is eager to see who Cristobal tabs as his offensive coordinator.

"That's a big thing," Coleman admitted. "I talked to Coach [Cristobal]. He said he's going to let me know asap."

Seems like we haven’t locked an OC yet or Cristobal would have told him.

All of this may be true.

I'm glad that recruits never lie or mislead in any of their interviews.

That's not a knock on you or anyone else, I'm just pointing out that we have no idea whether the author had an agenda or spun Coleman's words to create a different context.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow...

Didn’t Coleman already sign his LOI?
This I thought while Moss decided to just announce at the game and enroll early that Coleman actually signed his LOI during the early signing period. If that truly was what happened he cannot change now regardless unless the school let him out of the LOI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back