2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys can't be scared of small/skinny WRs just because of Mark Pope. I have no idea if Coleman will flame out. I think in general people should be prepared for some of these out of state kids who sign with Miami after being recruited for one or two months to end up in the portal down the line, but I think it's pretty clear that Coleman has fluidity and shiftiness to his game that wasn't present w/ Pope even in high school. go back and watch Pope's high school highlights on Hudl, he was winning exclusively down the field on go routes. even his punt and kick returns were mostly straight line drive runs, putting his foot in the ground and blowing past kids with his speed. you don't see the tackle breaking and horizontal movement -- especially on offense -- that is present all over Coleman's highlight tape. in terms of recent UM receivers Jeff Thomas feels like a far more appropriate comparison in terms of style of play.
Def doesn’t belong in the same category as Pope. People overlooked Pope’s lack of high school production due to 7 on 7 highlights. Coleman actually has production

Advertisement
Normally I’d be worried, but I have no doubt that Mario has his finger all over the recruiting pulse. This isn’t Manny at the helm anymore.

No reason why we shouldn’t have an OC in place already imo. Crazy.
calm down al pacino GIF

Just because the OC hasn’t been announced, doesn’t mean we don’t have one. Not saying we do, but ****, Coach Maribal has been recruiting for us for a month, while still an Oregon coach. Let it play out. *****ing about it isn’t going to make things move faster.

Advertisement
I’m seeing Jaylen Waddle/OBJ. The way Coleman catches & tracks the football is special. He also high points the ball very well for an undersized WR. The kid is a YAC monster & big play waiting to happen anytime he touches the ball. He will definitely be bumped back to a 5 star when the final rankings come out.
247 just updated his scouting report. Waddle comp 🎯
87515E4F-032C-4E0A-96A0-ADE779D1428A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Waddle was a legit 4.3 guy. The type nobody was catching. I just don’t see that here whatsoever. If he is that, we have an utter game changer at the position.
You must haven’t watched Coleman film. I didn’t see anybody catch him from behind. Coleman will be a late 4.3 or early 4.4 guy at the combine

You must haven’t watched Coleman film. I didn’t see anybody catch him from behind. Coleman will be a late 4.3 or early 4.4 guy at the combine
Yeah, I see more quickness and short area burst than raw speed like Waddle.

Advertisement
Normally I’d be worried, but I have no doubt that Mario has his finger all over the recruiting pulse. This isn’t Manny at the helm anymore.
Neither is Coker, Shannon, Golden and Richt. Everyone wants to blast Manny but the last 2 classes were pretty good. The last 5 coaches have sucked for various reasons. Richt did have health issues, probably coach burnout, but he did get the IPF done

Advertisement
Advertisement
Coleman & Waddle doesn’t have the same type of top end speed, I agree. Quick twitch, high point the ball, tracking the ball while in the air are some of the reasons I said Waddle when watching film. I live in the Houston area so I’ve been knowing/watching Waddle since HS. Go back & watch Waddle’s HS tape

He said he didn't sign. fwiw

Him saying that means little. If he said he'd already signed there'd be zero drama, everyone would know its Miami.

If he actually didn't sign, then the school he commits to can't say anything publicly until he enrolls. IIRC Tyrique told everyone he didn't sign, then we found out after the announcement he signed the last day of ESP.

Remember, the AA Game uses 247sports analysts. They absolutely have a vested interest in building drama for Sat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back