2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
A better comp is still on our roster.. reminds me of Jacolby George

I agree it is better than Pope comp. Pope in shorts on 7v7 compared to Coleman in pads MAYBE. But do you really see George? I see George as a long glider who is fluid, one cut and go, lanky receiver.

Coleman looks more shifty and phonebooth quick to go with toughness and stop/start acceleration. He is smooth when he strides out. Like if you could combine toughness of X, acceleration of JT4 and strides of George I could see that.

How does one get a Pope comparison from this cat ? Lmao. Other than their games being completely different I see it.
Ivins is a fringe hater IMO. Likes to break our news but always working in digs.

Coleman is immensely tougher than Pope, better hand eye coordination, and way more productive at HS level.

Stupid to think different

Mark Pope was everything you'd want in a college receiver, except he couldn't catch a cold. Which is a gigantic piece of the puzzle. But he got open **** near every play. If you drew me up Mark Pope but he had Restrepo or Rambo's hands, that is a **** good college receiver.
Not even the hands as much as the fear. Pope was scared of contact. Every move he made was tentative on kick returns, every time the ball was passed to him he seemed to be more worried about getting hit than catching the ball. He had the skills, but not the mentality, to play.

Advertisement
He had so much natural ability but he was a little clumsy too.
Not to knock him. I think he had a learning disability based on what ive heard
Yeah, I don’t see what he’s talking about. If I farted on Pope he’d probably go down because he's so little. I just don’t see it at this level.

Advertisement
Coleman looks much more natural in pads than Pope. Pope was wild running, athletic, but wild.

I also dont get the "Pope couldnt break tackles" part, even after this much time. He had plays with stiff arms where the defender grandma felt it. Like, took his soul.

He just has stone hands. Thats the problem.

How does one get a Pope comparison from this cat ? Lmao. Other than their games being completely different I see it.
1640194388626.gif

Advertisement
Coleman looks much more natural in pads than Pope. Pope was wild running, athletic, but wild.

I also dont get the "Pope couldnt break tackles" part, even after this much time. He had plays with stiff arms where the defender grandma felt it. Like, took his soul.

He just has stone hands. Thats the problem.

Pope comp: George Robinson

(the younger kids might need to look that one up, he signed with Miami 15 years ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back