2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
STL MO/East STL IL is one of the most talent rich regions in the country.

Every class they produce high caliber 4/5-star prospects, especially at WR.
Yep! I saw at the 2min 50-55 sec point of the video he made a play at what looked like the home field of Jeff Thomas' old school....had Flyers in the end zone. Really hate that JT4 didn't cash in while here with us but hopefully if he land this kid he'll be JT4 #2 for us!

Advertisement
Have to assume crystal balls will start dropping for moss as well right?
I'm not so sure about Moss coming. Having already burned his official visit to us sucks.

Add in the fact that Las Vegas is only a short 4hr drive to the USC campus whereas a return to Miami is a cross country flight.....should be a layup for Lincoln Riley & Co. If they swing and miss on this kid and we get him, it will be a big deal.

*Pope and his skip move that never worked *

1640203587834.png

OK, first...WHY did Burden transfer from Cardinal Ritter to play in East St. Louis? Football differential is that great? Wow...just...wow... I know Ritter is a **** good school, but it's small, so was he looking to play tougher competition?

My dad and uncles went to Bishop DuBourg (which was actually founded by Cardinal Ritter), but I didn't see it on your list. I think DuBourg is also a pretty small Catholic school, at least compared to the ones you listed. And, yes, scholarships are big.

I saw that the Rivals 100 had a couple of DeSmet players. I know I'm biased, but I think Miami could snatch some talent out of St. Louis every year, as the only real local options are Mizzou and Illinois. Also, for Lou kids coming out of those Catholic high schools, UM is a good fit, private school, nice campus, big city.
Controversy. Ritter’s previous coaches inexplicably played an illegible player(A RB) in the 2019 season it was I believe. Dude had a end of season suspension from the state title game that was supposed to carry over for only 1 game into the next season. The coaches thought it was a good idea to try to disguise the player in the season opener even though he had a very distinguishing and noticeable tattoo. End of the day, they had to forfeit all the games, and be ineligible for the playoffs. Coaches and athletic director were fired and some kids transferred including him. Ritter ended up hiring East St.Louis’ AD. The fell 1 point short of making it to State this year, but they would’ve gotten steamrolled by Coleman and St.Mary’s again anyway.

East St.Louis has just always been polarizing and they take their sports seriously. Plus the fact that they will play anybody anywhere attracts cats to the competition. When East side is bad, it’s surprising.

Yea Bishop Duborg is still a player in the small schools and has talent. And yes, I’m cool with DeSmet’s head coach and he’s always said all Miami has to do is come up here. Diaz and even Richt he said didn’t come up as much as he thought they should to the area. He was at Lutheran North before and U City before that.

Mizzou is just now beginning to recruit St.Louis hard. For years the majority of their classes were Texas kids.

Controversy. Ritter’s previous coaches inexplicably played an illegible player(A RB) in the 2019 season it was I believe. Dude had a end of season suspension from the state title game that was supposed to carry over for only 1 game into the next season. The coaches thought it was a good idea to try to disguise the player in the season opener even though he had a very distinguishing and noticeable tattoo. End of the day, they had to forfeit all the games, and be ineligible for the playoffs. Coaches and athletic director were fired and some kids transferred including him. Ritter ended up hiring East St.Louis’ AD. The fell 1 point short of making it to State this year, but they would’ve gotten steamrolled by Coleman and St.Mary’s again anyway.

Yea Bishop Duborg is still a player in the small schools and has talent. And yes, I’m cool with DeSmet’s head coach and he’s always said all Miami has to do is come up here. Diaz and even Richt he said didn’t come up as much as he thought they should to the area. He was at Lutheran North before and U City before that.

Mizzou is just now beginning to recruit St.Louis hard. For years the majority of their classes were Texas kids.

Wow, very insightful stuff.

I think only one of my (many) cousins went to Mizzou, it never seemed like a big "thing to do" with the people I knew (mostly friends and family, but still). I know on the hoops side of athletics, a lot of local kids would go to SLU for college, not Mizzou. I have a close friend in Atlanta whose daughter just graduated from Mizzou, so he and I have discussed the Tigers at length.

I know Mizzou was pumped up to get Burden, not sure if that will be a one-off success story or if they will be able to continue the momentum.

By the way, I know that a lot of the Catholic schools used to be male-only or female-only, my mom went to "St. Anthony" and I don't even know if it still exists. ****, I don't even think my old church (St. John the Baptist), which was only a few blocks west of St. Mary High School, is open any more. I think the building is there, but they closed the church itself, which is where I was baptized.

Glad to see the Catholic church is still doing OK in football, though... :LOL:

Advertisement
Yep! I saw at the 2min 50-55 sec point of the video he made a play at what looked like the home field of Jeff Thomas' old school....had Flyers in the end zone. Really hate that JT4 didn't cash in while here with us but hopefully if he land this kid he'll be JT4 #2 for us!
East Side hosts a Gateway Football Classic opening weekend where they have a slate of big Bi-State out of conference match ups games with teams from St.Louis playing teams from Illinois or even each other. They have like 3-4 games that day. The highlight you saw was from 2019 when St.Mary’s played Phillips(IL). East Side actually played Trinity Catholic that year before it closed down.

Last edited:
Wow, very insightful stuff.

I think only one of my (many) cousins went to Mizzou, it never seemed like a big "thing to do" with the people I knew (mostly friends and family, but still). I know on the hoops side of athletics, a lot of local kids would go to SLU for college, not Mizzou. I have a close friend in Atlanta whose daughter just graduated from Mizzou, so he and I have discussed the Tigers at length.

I know Mizzou was pumped up to get Burden, not sure if that will be a one-off success story or if they will be able to continue the momentum.

By the way, I know that a lot of the Catholic schools used to be male-only or female-only, my mom went to "St. Anthony" and I don't even know if it still exists. ****, I don't even think my old church (St. John the Baptist), which was only a few blocks west of St. Mary High School, is open any more. I think the building is there, but they closed the church itself, which is where I was baptized.

Glad to see the Catholic church is still doing OK in football, though... :LOL:
Mizzou is hoping to duplicate the run they had when they convinced Jeremy Maclin to stay home instead of going to Oklahoma, similar to Burden who decommitted from OU just like JMac did. I think St.Anthony’s was before my time. It’s Incarnate Word, Cor Jesu, Visitation Academy , St.Joseph’s and Ursuline.

Last edited:
The #1 ranked WR in the Nation in the 2022 class is 5-star Luther Burden is from JT4’s school East STL.

Then you have 4-star WR Kevin Coleman from STL, 4-star WR Ja’Marion Wayne from Ballwin MO (which is like a half hour west of STL). Then there’s 4-star DT Tyson Ford (who went to John Burroughs), 4-star DT Marquis Gracial, 4-star DE DJ Wesolak, 4-star DE Kaian Roberts-Day, 4-star S Isacc Thompson & 4-star RB Arlen Harris. And that’s just the STL/Missouri region kids.

Along with 5-star Luther Burden from East STL, there’s also 4-star CB Toriano Pride from East STL as well.

Then in last years class 4-star WR Dominic Lovett was another speedster from East STL, plus they had WR Keontez Lewis & their QB Tyler Macon all sign with P5 schools (Mizzou & UCLA).

4-star CB Jakailin Johnson who went to DeSmet signed with Oh St, 4-star DE Travion Ford who went to Lutheran North all & sgned with Mizzou all from the 2021 class.

Then in the 2020 class 4-star WR Teriyon “Mookie” Cooper from STL signed with Oh St, but then transferred to Mizzou, 4-star S/CB Antonio Johnson from East STL who signed with TAMU & was one of the highest graded DB’s in the SEC this season, 4-star WR Jordan Johnson who went to DeSmet signed with Notre Dame& 4-star DE Antonio Doyle from STL who went to Lutheran North signed with TAMU.

I could go back even further, but the area between STL MO & East STL IL just 10-15 minuted across the MLK bridge, but is jam packed with great talent. My Uncle Willie James moved there from Miami back in the early 90’s & has been there ever since, which is why I know about it & keep up with that area for prospects.

That’s just Football though, they arguably produce even better Basketball players too.

The #1 ranked WR in the Nation in the 2022 class is 5-star Luther Burden is from JT4’s school East STL.

Then you have 4-star WR Kevin Coleman from STL, 4-star WR Ja’Marion Wayne from Ballwin MO (which is like a half hour west of STL). Then there’s 4-star DT Tyson Ford (who went to John Burroughs), 4-star DT Marquis Gracial, 4-star DE DJ Wesolak, 4-star DE Kaian Roberts-Day, 4-star S Isacc Thompson & 4-star RB Arlen Harris. And that’s just the STL/Missouri region kids.

Along with 5-star Luther Burden from East STL, there’s also 4-star CB Toriano Pride from East STL as well.

Then in last years class 4-star WR Dominic Lovett was another speedster from East STL, plus they had WR Keontez Lewis & their QB Tyler Macon all sign with P5 schools (Mizzou & UCLA).

4-star CB Jakailin Johnson who went to DeSmet signed with Oh St, 4-star DE Travion Ford who went to Lutheran North all & sgned with Mizzou all from the 2021 class.

Then in the 2020 class 4-star WR Teriyon “Mookie” Cooper from STL signed with Oh St, but then transferred to Mizzou, 4-star S/CB Antonio Johnson from East STL who signed with TAMU & was one of the highest graded DB’s in the SEC this season, 4-star WR Jordan Johnson who went to DeSmet signed with Notre Dame& 4-star DE Antonio Doyle from STL who went to Lutheran North signed with TAMU.

I could go back even further, but the area between STL MO & East STL IL just 10-15 minuted across the MLK bridge, but is jam packed with great talent. My Uncle Willie James moved there from Miami back in the early 90’s & has been there ever since, which is why I know about it & keep up with that area for prospects.

That’s just Football though, they arguably produce even better Basketball players too.
Forgot about Jameson Williams bama/osu transfer too, he from St. Louis

Advertisement
Don't agree with this at all. Whose analysis is this? If you look at only their senior HL films, they couldn't play the game much more differently. Mark Pope runs a series of 9 routes and stop routes. His jet sweeps are all outside the hashes. Kevin Coleman plays m'f'n wildcat QB and runs between tackles. On non-vertical routes down the sideline, count up Pope's YAC. Now do the same for Coleman. I have no idea if Coleman will be good or not, but he plays tackle football differently than Mark Pope.

Just remember, these are the street sweepers who are in charge of evaluating kids for everyone precious ranking lists.

Just remember, these are the street sweepers who are in charge of evaluating kids for everyone precious ranking lists.
It’s laughable. They had Coleman as a Top 25 player in the nation until he started giving us a hard look and visited. Once rumors started flying about him loving the U, he dropped to 54th on 24/7 and 44th on the Composite.

All of this after all year long being on his nuts, and saying that the kid is electric with the ball in his hands. The hate is real.

It’s laughable. They had Coleman as a Top 25 player in the nation until he started giving us a hard look and visited. Once rumors started flying about him loving the U, he dropped to 54th on 24/7 and 44th on the Composite.

All of this after all year long being on his nuts, and saying that the kid is electric with the ball in his hands. The hate is real.
Let’s see where he ends up. He could keep going down or jump back up. Going from 25 to 44 isn’t a steep drop. 44 is still mega elite. ****, Rivals has Stewart just inside the top 50 or so and he is too 10 on other services.

As I posted, there are 337~ 4 and 5 star players. And 256~ players selected in the NFL draft. The ratings guys, who aren't qualified to coach rural JV 7-man football let alone coach in CFB, have engineered it to the point where they "win" and are "right" just by showing up. They have the 37th player and the 368th player both rated 4-star. That's like saying a 2nd round pick is the same as a 10th round pick. And the NFL draft only goes 7 rounds so were talking about the 100th best UFA or so.

You know at the carnival when they give a three year old 100 chances at a game until he wins? Same crap. These guys give themselves hundred and hundreds of chances to get a few dozen calls anywhere near the board.

AND... they've ADMITTED THEY COOK THE BOOKS to favor the schools with the most subscriptions!

Advertisement

Ohio State has lived down here the last few years but cats have been going everywhere lately. Even to fswho unfortunately. These kids aren’t just Big Ten/Big 12 only talents. They are worth the look from coast to coast.

As I posted, there are 337~ 4 and 5 star players. And 256~ players selected in the NFL draft. The ratings guys, who aren't qualified to coach rural JV 7-man football let alone coach in CFB, have engineered it to the point where they "win" and are "right" just by showing up. They have the 37th player and the 368th player both rated 4-star. That's like saying a 2nd round pick is the same as a 10th round pick. And the NFL draft only goes 7 rounds so were talking about the 100th best UFA or so.

You know at the carnival when they give a three year old 100 chances at a game until he wins? Same crap. These guys give themselves hundred and hundreds of chances to get a few dozen calls anywhere near the board.

AND... they've ADMITTED THEY COOK THE BOOKS to favor the schools with the most subscriptions!
In their defense, the 4 star thing is only the first layer. They all have more exact rankings, especially 247 which ranks it’s player based on a scale of up to this 1.000. Anything .9000 or so and up is a 4. But there is a clear difference between being .9000 or .97 like Coleman.

Advertisement
In their defense, the 4 star thing is only the first layer. They all have more exact rankings, especially 247 which ranks it’s player based on a scale of up to this 1.000. Anything .9000 or so and up is a 4. But there is a clear difference between being .9000 or .97 like Coleman.

Agree, but they will point to a kid in the 2nd round that was a "4-star" and say they got it right, when they actually had him projected to be a UFA. It's rigged, man. if these clowns had any chops at all they'd be working in the NFL or CFB, or ****, even coaching HS ball. Or ****, writing for a real outlet. These are all wanna-be's. Fanboys. Unqualified jock-sniffers who are unemployable anywhere real.

Lets stop arguing this same point without context. There are many players that got bumped up for whatever reason(Senior season). as a result players have to go down. Who in the top 35 is he better then as a prospect. Is he a better prospect then the top 3 receivers? Ill take all the top 45-100 kids every year and call it a day.

<iframe class="twofourseven-embed" title="Player Embed" style="max-width: 100%" frameBorder="0" width="600" height="200" src=""></iframe><script async src="https://assets.247sports.com/Scripts/SkyNet/Shared/embed.js" charSet="utf-8"></script>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back