2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Pope was everything you'd want in a college receiver, except he couldn't catch a cold. Which is a gigantic piece of the puzzle. But he got open **** near every play. If you drew me up Mark Pope but he had Restrepo or Rambo's hands, that is a **** good college receiver.
He had so much natural ability but he was a little clumsy too.
Not to knock him. I think he had a learning disability based on what ive heard

Advertisement
He had so much natural ability but he was a little clumsy too.
Not to knock him. I think he had a learning disability based on what ive heard

Could be. I just think his problems all stemmed from the inability to catch the football and then the lack of confidence that was a result of that. Not that he’d have been an all-America were he to have elite hands, but he’d have been able to be very productive. None of his problems were athletically related. He got Open a ton here. Just couldn’t catch the clap in a brothel.

Advertisement
Who said this? I haven't watched enough tape to say this is bull**** or not but this kid makes a ton of ridiculous contested catches and is much stronger than Pope. If he's quick like Pope, that's cool with me.
Ivins.

Mark Pope had like 200 yards receiving his senior year. This kid eclipses that mark 1 minute into his highlight tape.
This. ^^^^

Ivins is a hack. Mark Pope is nothing like this kid. Coleman has much more wiggle, is faster, has WAAAAAAY better hands, and is a tough WR that fights for every ball, and will try to run through you if need be.

Coleman also has had a stellar high school career. Pope was not very productive in HS, people just fell in love with his potential.

It’s an insult to Coleman to compare him to Pope.

This. ^^^^

Ivins is a hack. Mark Pope is nothing like this kid. Coleman has much more wiggle, is faster, has WAAAAAAY better hands, and is a tough WR that fights for every ball, and will try to run through you if need be.

Coleman also has had a stellar high school career. Pope was not very productive in HS, people just fell in love with his potential.

It’s an insult to Coleman to compare him to Pope.
Pope use to tackle himself

Advertisement

*Pope and his skip move that never worked *

Don't agree with this at all. Whose analysis is this? If you look at only their senior HL films, they couldn't play the game much more differently. Mark Pope runs a series of 9 routes and stop routes. His jet sweeps are all outside the hashes. Kevin Coleman plays m'f'n wildcat QB and runs between tackles. On non-vertical routes down the sideline, count up Pope's YAC. Now do the same for Coleman. I have no idea if Coleman will be good or not, but he plays tackle football differently than Mark Pope.

It's a crazy world when a guy like Ivins, who would rank about 47th on this board in terms of football knowledge and evaluating skills makes a living doing it.

Now I don't knock the hustle, because he works at it, and more power to him. Just wild he gets to make a decent living off of it.

Advertisement
This guy is nothing like Pope. For starters, if I saw him in person, I wouldn’t mistake him for an 8th grader.

It's a crazy world when a guy like Ivins, who would rank about 47th on this board in terms of football knowledge and evaluating skills makes a living doing it.

Now I don't knock the hustle, because he works at it, and more power to him. Just wild he gets to make a decent living off of it.
47th? I bet he doesnt crack the top 100 on this board. Its a lot of football wisdom on here…

Advertisement
I'm really good friends with the biggest Mark Pope defender/excuse maker on the planet. This guy has had a relationship with Pope and his family since the kid was like 5-6 years old. He's been in the SFL coaching scene for a while now.

Yeah, he'd be the first to tell you this kid is COMPLETELY different than Pope. He's got a **** of a lot more wiggle after the catch.

Scholarships are big. All the Catholic schools in the MCC(metro catholic conference) are in the 2 largest classifications in the state(Class 5 & 6). So big all boys schools. DeSmet, SLUH, CBC, Vianny, Chaminade, and Ladue. Chaminade is obviously known for its basketball players too (Tatum, Beal, David Lee). DeSmet and CBC are the usual creams of the crop with Ladue also winning a lot. SLUH is usually middle of the road in the area but has explosive players come through here and there. Same with Chaminade. Vianny usually sucks *** but they did have a flash in the pan time period where they won state had high rated players(one who transferred to IMG) before sucking again. The St.Louis youth football scene is much more serious nowadays, so kids are really developing at an entirely different level than we were even 10 years ago. DeSmet has two Top 150 4 star ‘23 recruits, SLUH has a Top 100 4 star ‘24 WR, CBC just blasted everybody on the way to state this year and I haven’t checked the info on their running back, but dude made East St.Louis players look slow.

OK, first...WHY did Burden transfer from Cardinal Ritter to play in East St. Louis? Football differential is that great? Wow...just...wow... I know Ritter is a **** good school, but it's small, so was he looking to play tougher competition?

My dad and uncles went to Bishop DuBourg (which was actually founded by Cardinal Ritter), but I didn't see it on your list. I think DuBourg is also a pretty small Catholic school, at least compared to the ones you listed. And, yes, scholarships are big.

I saw that the Rivals 100 had a couple of DeSmet players. I know I'm biased, but I think Miami could snatch some talent out of St. Louis every year, as the only real local options are Mizzou and Illinois. Also, for Lou kids coming out of those Catholic high schools, UM is a good fit, private school, nice campus, big city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back