Kevin Beard Teaching Technique

I admit there is a lot of beard fluffing going on but I'm guessing the instruction the WRs are getting from beard is a heck of a lot better than what they got from BC

there are some seniors and juniors there that still cant do stuff that beard is teaching, that goes to show how carroll as the position coach was horrible

Advertisement
These kids are going from basic math to calculus. They look lost, but like coach Beard told them, it's there first time and they'll get better with practice. Should result in better WR production.

We have a lot of receivers man lol.

Not really.... we got Scott, Lewis, Coley, Berrios, Langham, Brady n Jones.. with only Cager coming in..... i expect to lose Scott, Jones (transfer) n possibly Coley this year..... leaving us with only 5 WRs in 2016 w/o the 2016 class yet

Advertisement
We have a lot of receivers man lol.

yet we're crazy low on corners and a current one wants off the team. smh
burns, howard, elder, Mayes, redwine, Jackson. We better pray although the top 3 are very solid. One thing for sure it would stop all of that rotation at the cb spot and allow for the top 3 starters to get a better feel for the game imo by not being subbed out every other series. Most schools don't do that which gives those guys more consistent play because they have more reps

Advertisement
Amazing how terrible they are at running routes. And a lot of them are upperclassmen. WTF was Carroll doing with these guys the last 2 years?

Amazing how terrible they are at running routes. And a lot of them are upperclassmen. WTF was Carroll doing with these guys the last 2 years?

Too much rotation in the receiver corps. They don't ever get a real feel for the game... If we cut that down the starting group would play more confident....

Too much rotation in the receiver corps. They don't ever get a real feel for the game... If we cut that down the starting group would play more confident....

That's no excuse for juniors and seniors to still be running "candy cane" curl routes.

Advertisement
Beard will get them right but as I expected we have some serious issues at wideout... Beard is going back to high school for these guys... He's doing a great job with them... I wonder how many of these guys work on their craft off the clock?

Beard will get them right but as I expected we have some serious issues at wideout... Beard is going back to high school for these guys... He's doing a great job with them... I wonder how many of these guys work on their craft off the clock?

Fair point, but if what they're being taught in practice sucks, then what they do on their own will suffer too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back