Keshawn Washington

it’s nice to finally see some development, every position took a step forward as a whole except linebacker

Advertisement
Because some people really love to **** all over themselves over the slightest hint of possibly being right.

Not only that, but dude's ultimate conclusion that he's bumping was that Washington "can be Solid with development and a nice special teams player". I don't think people were saying "solid with development" or "nice special teams player" were beyond Washington's potential. That's not really going out on a limb for his guy, lol.

I remember when I saw a CB named Antonio Crawford play really well in a Spring game and thought he would bust loose. He ended up transferring and being "okay" at West Virginia.

Maybe Washington is good enough to start D1. If so, good for him. But we don't want "a solid with development and nice special team player". We want guys like obvious AA types like Kenny Phillips, or at least guys with ridiculous potential like Shields and Artie Burns.

Tae is that guy, James Williams is that guy, Kam Kinchens is that guy. Bolden and Hall were those guys. Sorry to be so down on him. But IMHO, Washington is not.

Last edited:
I remember when I saw a CB named Antonio Crawford play really well in a Spring game and thought he would bust loose. He ended up transferring and being "okay" at West Virginia.

Maybe Washington is good enough to start D1. If so, good for him. But we don't want "a solid with development and nice special team player". We want guys like obvious AA types like Kenny Phillips, or at least guys with ridiculous potential like Shields and Artie Burns.

Tae is that guy, James Williams is that guy, Kam Kinchens is that guy. Bolden and Hall were those guys. Sorry to be so down on him. But IMHO, Washington is not.
I agree his ceiling is definitely not those guys, there are very few of those guys on every team not named Alabama. However I’m order for us to break thru, we have to have competent backups at every position and really good special team guys,
This makes up teams. There is a need for solid players on every team on every level.

Advertisement
I agree his ceiling is definitely not those guys, there are very few of those guys on every team not named Alabama. However I’m order for us to break thru, we have to have competent backups at every position and really good special team guys,
This makes up teams. There is a need for solid players on every team on every level.

Normally I'd agree with you. DB is different. Like RB and WR, South Florida just produces way too many DBs for us to not have Alphas across the board, or genetically engineered kids like Curtis.

Normally I'd agree with you. DB is different. Like RB and WR, South Florida just produces way too many DBs for us to not have Alphas across the board, or genetically engineered kids like Curtis
Even Clemson has some 3🌟’s in their secondary. The jit we talking about was a dade county 4🌟 so I guess you right according to the Star system.

Advertisement
Even Clemson has some 3🌟’s in their secondary. The jit we talking about was a dade county 4🌟 so I guess you right according to the Star system.

Stop looking at the stars. Look at the tape. I trust my judgment over some dip**** at 247 or Rivals. Tennison was a stud we let get away. Francois trolled us. Avantae saved the class.

BTW, he was not a consensus 4 star. Rivals rates Washington as a midrange 4-star (5.9), but 247 has him rated a mid-tier 3-star (86) and 247 Composite has him rated a high 3-star (89).

I expect your first assessment will be the correct one. He'll be decent eventually, and help on STs. But he's not putting the fear of god into WRs like I expect Avantae, Kinchens and James Williams to do. I even think Balom has some juice. Just not high on Washington and not sure on Harrell.

Stop looking at the stars. Look at the tape. I trust my judgment over some dip**** at 247 or Rivals. Tennison was a stud we let get away. Francois trolled us. Avantae saved the class.

BTW, he was not a consensus 4 star. Rivals rates Washington as a midrange 4-star (5.9), but 247 has him rated a mid-tier 3-star (86) and 247 Composite has him rated a high 3-star (89).

I expect your first assessment will be the correct one. He'll be decent eventually, and help on STs. But he's not putting the fear of god into WRs like I expect Avantae, Kinchens and James Williams to do. I even think Balom has some juice. Just not high on Washington and not sure on Harrell.
Agree that tennison was a miss, productive rb with very good db skills.

Had to bump this one Dawg

Had to bump this one Dawg

I appreciate it. I've been wrong on a lot recruits too. But mostly because I think they're better than they turn out to be (e.g., I thought Brinson had Ahmmon upside). I tend to give our staff and the high school kids a lot of benefit of the doubt. So when I am not impressed by tape, that's not a good sign, lol.

Advertisement
I appreciate it. I've been wrong on a lot recruits too. But mostly because I think they're better than they turn out to be (e.g., I thought Brinson had Ahmmon upside). I tend to give our staff and the high school kids a lot of benefit of the doubt. So when I am not impressed by tape, that's not a good sign, lol.
Tennison is not doing nothing but sitting on Ole Miss bench after not playing at Auburn. Not much of a miss.

Tennison is not doing nothing but sitting on Ole Miss bench after not playing at Auburn. Not much of a miss.

I"m not down there, I can only go on tape of highlights, games and camps. That's why I tend to be too generous when I see a quality athlete, because I have to trust that the staff will do their due diligence on the kid's character, discipline, IQ, grit, desire to win, team fit, grades, judgment regarding friends and family, etc.

Not sure what tripped up Tennison because I haven't paid attention to him since he went SEC. But it wasn't his talent. Talent should only be step one in recruiting. And Manny's staff couldn't even get that right.

I"m not down there, I can only go on tape of highlights, games and camps. That's why I tend to be too generous when I see a quality athlete, because I have to trust that the staff will do their due diligence on the kid's character, discipline, IQ, grit, desire to win, team fit, grades, judgment regarding friends and family, etc.

Not sure what tripped up Tennison because I haven't paid attention to him since he went SEC. But it wasn't his talent. Talent should only be step one in recruiting. And Manny's staff couldn't even get that right.
247 stars are actually more predictive of success than anything else, including but not limited to random message board posters. Certainly there are lots of misses though, which happen for many reasons - bad luck, injuries, bad coaching, bad attitudes, lack of development, etc.

Advertisement
Here's the plan, son...

Gain 20lbs.
Contact a bunch of G5 or FCS teams...
...let'em know you'll play linebacker.

Enjoy the rest of your career.

Beer Salute GIF

Advertisement
Back