Keshawn Washington

We doing this again? What is his 1600m time?

I ran track too and I think it's funny people actually care about 200m, 400m, etc times as a measure of football speed. We had a kid who could run a 4.4 but couldnt even finish a 400m without resorting to jogging

100m or 55m are relevant sure. But for a future LB who is barely running track events as it is, who cares?
If you ran track you would know that’s not just a bad time for a UM caliber DB, that’s a bad time for basically anyone who runs track.

I usually wouldn’t value a 400m time either but that is alarming if accurate.

Advertisement
I’m going to say this again;

I love that we are recruiting national studs, and these kids r showing love right back. These So Fla kids who’s been doing all that talking about “Miami is Miami or Miami will always be there” is experiencing a rude awakening.

My biggest gripe, starting w Shannon, has been recruiting. With Shannon, it was focusing on two schools, barely looking elsewhere. That rubbed coaches and players, alike, in the wrong way.

With Golden, he passed out schollies like lollipops, let kids bend him over, and when they pulled out and said “thanks, but no thanks”, he was left offering just anyone, giving So Fla kids the impression we needed them more than they needed us.

With Richt, he tried to restore the luster of a scholly offer from us, but this dude was scared to go after elite, elite players and the offeres were so minimum. Kids started to feel played by us, and it completely backfired during several cycles.

What Manny is doing is putting it on notice, WE ARE GOING AFTER THE ELITES, NO MATTER WHAT ZIP CODE THEY IN. If you feel entitled or feel like Miami needs u more than u need us, cool...we’ll just fill ur spot w a stud from Cali, or TX, or LA. I like this mentality, b/c now it’s got kids who either used us for a “better offer” or decommitted prematurely re-thinking things.

Put 10+ wins on the board, and we are so Gucci in the recruiting game...ya’ll have no idea.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes staff basically told him they want him if he wants in. Gonna take him as a positionless player that they’ll figure out where he fits later. With that frame he could end up anywhere from safety to DE
Lol bro he ain’t playing DE at 180. Maybe he could be a linebacker but that seems like a stretch. Probably a safety or striker.

Lol bro he ain’t playing DE at 180. Maybe he could be a linebacker but that seems like a stretch. Probably a safety or striker.
if he ends up becoming a safety or striker than that would be a waste of a commit. He hasn't shown the athleticism to even be considered a take, I don't get it.

Advertisement
With the frame he has he can easily be between 210-220 and not lose any athleticism. I'd have him on the bench year 1 so he can grow but he'd eventually be an OLB.

Overkill with Branch imo...Wasn't a fan at safety, but nice size and hopefully he translates at LB or Striker.

if he ends up becoming a safety or striker than that would be a waste of a commit. He hasn't shown the athleticism to even be considered a take, I don't get it.
He has tho. I don’t get how you can look at this kid knowing he’s 6’4 and say he’s not athletic. He hasn’t tested recently at all and has been injured. His tape shows he can move and he can be a probably if he can make the switch to lb at that size.

Advertisement
He has tho. I don’t get how you can look at this kid knowing he’s 6’4 and say he’s not athletic. He hasn’t tested recently at all and has been injured. His tape shows he can move and he can be a probably if he can make the switch to lb at that size.

I don't believe his tape DOES show he can move though, jmo...Is stiff as a board.

Advertisement
Back