Keshawn Washington

Advertisement
Advertisement
Doubt Branch took his spot. Washington has had that running timer for close to 2 months which means he informed some staff that he was committing to them today. Maybe it was us maybe it wasn't but if it was us I doubt they just let an OOS kid jump him when they knew he was coming.

"Washington has had that running timer for close to 2 months"

Not that it proves anything but I checked out his timeline on 247, and its mostly new offers. But the last coaches to visit him were Banda, Baker, Hixon and Barry on January 15th.

So to recap.. he's had that timer running for about 2 months. Our coaches visited him about two months ago and, if the 247 timeline is accurate, they're the only coaches to visit him since he decommitted. Now he's about to take an unofficial to campus today.

If that timer was about him committing to a school... its hard to see him committing to anywhere else but Miami.

I have no idea what his 40 is nor even 100 meters. However to compare apples to apples Romeo Finley ran track and had a personal best at 200m of 22.75 compared to Washington's 25.22. Finley was 200 pounds in HS as a safety and had excellent strength as this video shows hum benching 335 in HS with some left.

Advertisement
I have no idea what his 40 is nor even 100 meters. However to compare apples to apples Romeo Finley ran track and had a personal best at 200m of 22.75 compared to Washington's 25.22. Finley was 200 pounds in HS as a safety and had excellent strength as this video shows hum benching 335 in HS with some left.

Agreed

Not so worried about his ability to add 20-30 pounds and be 6-2 and 200-210 but his speed. I believe he was at one of the camps here o Diaz must have some clocking of his 40 time. That aside in the 2018 Lou Bing Track Classic he finished 67th our of the 91 entrees. I hope he was having an off day and will be interested to see his track times this year if he runs.

Advertisement
Is he another Josh Sanguinetti? Look at the offer list he had as a Junior--
Not a bad comparison but Saguinetti is smaller. Washington is listed at 6'2 180 on both ESPN and 247 and at 6'3 190 on RIVALS. Sanguinetti was 6'0 170. Snaguinetti had to play db because he was not going to be big enough to play striker or linebacker. He had good ball skills but running a 4.9 40 at db is not good. Not sure if Washington is that slow and if he is its not as big a deal because he has a much bigger frame and can grow to a linebacker.

I mean this is a tall and long kid. This is him next to jaiden Francois who is no small db (6’0 184). Francois is probably bigger than Sanguinetti and Washington towers him. I think he can play lb down the line with that frame.

Advertisement
To me personally long speed is "iffy" in 2018 a year ago ran the 200m in 25.22 into a slight headwind and 400m in 56.43. Even though only one track meet the Lou Bing Classic those times do not show a lot of long speed.
He ran a 400m in 56.43? Jesus that’s slow. I was a skinny *** white kid who did cross country and ran a 54:00 400m on my first attempt. That’s extremely concerning.

He ran a 400m in 56.43? Jesus that’s slow. I was a skinny *** white kid who did cross country and ran a 54:00 400m on my first attempt. That’s extremely concerning.

We doing this again? What is his 1600m time?

I ran track too and I think it's funny people actually care about 200m, 400m, etc times as a measure of football speed. We had a kid who could run a 4.4 but couldnt even finish a 400m without resorting to jogging

100m or 55m are relevant sure. But for a future LB who is barely running track events as it is, who cares?

View attachment 82302

I mean this is a tall and long kid. This is him next to jaiden Francois who is no small db (6’0 184). Francois is probably bigger than Sanguinetti and Washington towers him. I think he can play lb down the line with that frame.
Not sure if francois is really 6 feet tall but with a real strength coach like David Feeley guiding our guys I think he can turn him into a pure outside linebacker

Advertisement
Back