Keshawn Lawrence latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Robinson from Duval, currently committed to Bama. I doubt Pouncey or Dennis are realistic options but hey who knows. Dennis just recently transferred to Lakeland high school from Kathleen, so I believe that makes him a longer shot.
Keep going...

Advertisement
Lol, I mean I don’t really know. Arian Smith from Polk County, but I’m not completely sure. LCE has a page with the board, I believe D$ does too.
Not trying to be a ****. Genuinely trying to glean opinions. I'm curious as to who we're still in play for on defense that are talented enough to make an impact here.

I guess another question to add to my post: Who are we realistically still in play for? Who will be in the class? Not many highly sought after names out there. Which is ******* weird. Our defense has been light years ahead of our offense these last 3 years. Not to mention the tradition and history om that side of the ball. What gives?

Manny isn’t a recruiter. Never has recruited on an elite level anywhere he has been. Hasn’t recruited on an elite level since being here. His staff hasn’t recruited on an elite level on defense since being here. Good but not elite. Will we see a change now that he is the head man and is more of the closer? I doubt it. Manny is a scheme guy. He finds kids/athletes that fit his scheme and not stars that he wants to fit his scheme. It’s a backwards way of recruiting compared to most. I really don’t think he cares about stars or accolades. He looks more for body types and how they fit his scheme. He is perfectly fine with a bunch of 3 star LB is they are strikers who drop the sledge hammer at the point of attack.

Last edited:
Manny isn’t a recruiter. Never has recruited on an elite level anywhere he has been. Hasn’t recruited on an elite level since being here. He staff hasn’t recruited on an elite level on defense since being here. Good but not elite. We will see a change now that he is the head man and is more of the closer? I doubt it. Manny is a scheme guy. He finds kids/athletes that fit his scheme and not stars that he wants to fit his scheme. It’s a backwards way of recruiting compared to most. I really don’t think he cares about stars or accolades and looks more for body types and how they fit his scheme. He is perfectly fine with a bunch of 3 star LB is they are strikers who drop the sledge hammer at the point of attack.
Well thought out way to put it. Now, let me ask, is that enough to compete on a national stage consistently or not?

Advertisement
The problem is our fanbase is comprised mainly of clueless morons who have never played sports at any real level. A elite kid doesnt care anywhere near about the position coach as much as he does the program. You can have the most elite coach ever at that position but if the team isnt taken seriously. Isnt winning how it needs to kids wont come anywhere near here. It's called a team for a reason. I have a feeling with a competent oc u will see far better results in recruiting now.

The perception of Mike's ability to recruit is unfairly tied to what happened with the AH3 (not even about to count Chatfield). Too many fans took their recruitment at face value. Coming off a 10 win season. He coached them in high school. He woulda been their position coach. They woulda had immediate pt. Etc. But them not coming wasn't on Mike. Was about a lot more than relationships & pt.

Some of the other stuff he takes **** for isn't on him either. U know I'm trying not to point fingers but ****. He isn't the only one making calls on **** like offers. Is what it is I guess.

Well thought out way to put it. Now, let me ask, is that enough to compete on a national stage consistently or not?

Great follow up question. He has proven he can put out a quality defense with mid tier NFL talent so I think so. That style of defense should work year in and year out with the level of talent he can get to Miami. He doesn’t have to get top 5 classes to compete on that side of the ball. If he finishes with classes ranging between 10-15 each year then I think we can compete. A lot will depend on how the offense develops and improves. We all think the talent is there in that side of the ball but we really don’t know. Will a scheme change be enough to start putting up pts? No excuse that a Miami offense can’t put up 30pts consistently which I believe with his defense is enough to win 10 games a year. If you are winning 10’games then you are winning the coastal each year. If you win the coastal then all it takes is to overcome Clemson one time and you are in the playoffs. It’s a snowball effect if that happens. One run at the playoff and then you will see our recruiting go to that “elite” level. So long story short....yes we can compete nationally with the right staff.

Great follow up question. He has proven he can put out a quality defense with mid tier NFL talent so I think so. That style of defense should work year in and year out with the level of talent he can get to Miami. He doesn’t have to get top 5 classes to compete on that side of the ball. If he finishes with classes ranging between 10-15 each year then I think we can compete. A lot will depend on how the offense develops and improves. We all think the talent is there in that side of the ball but we really don’t know. Will a scheme change be enough to start putting up pts? No excuse that a Miami offense can’t put up 30pts consistently which I believe with his defense is enough to win 10 games a year. If you are winning 10’games then you are winning the coastal each year. If you win the coastal then all it takes is to overcome Clemson one time and you are in the playoffs. It’s a snowball effect if that happens. One run at the playoff and then you will see our recruiting go to that “elite” level. So long story short....yes we can compete nationally with the right staff.
Excellent response. Wasn't trying to be condescending and am not now. To an extent I agree. The scheme is effective if run correctly with the right personnel. But to truly bridge that gap, you need elite athletes who fit that scheme imo

Advertisement
The perception of Mike's ability to recruit is unfairly tied to what happened with the AH3 (not even about to count Chatfield). Too many fans took their recruitment at face value. Coming off a 10 win season. He coached them in high school. He woulda been their position coach. They woulda had immediate pt. Etc. But them not coming wasn't on Mike. Was about a lot more than relationships & pt.

Some of the other stuff he takes **** for isn't on him either. U know I'm trying not to point fingers but ****. He isn't the only one making calls on **** like offers. Is what it is I guess.
Stupid is as stupid does

For the 2 dudes that have comprehension issues. Campbell and surtain took their last ov to miami right before nsd on feb 2nd. The night before nsd they called rumph and told him they weren't coming. The staff obviously thought they were still in it. I know what i'm talking about.
People remember what they want to remember. I remember it that same way. In fact I remember it seeming as if we had a better chance with Surtain as NSD approached but both kids said heading into the Miami OV that we had as good a shot as anyone to land them.

Whether they were telling the truth or not is a different subject. Most of the analysts believed that Surtain was going to LSU and Tyson to UGa. Some thought Bama might "find a way" to get both. A selected few thought we had a chance.

Excellent response. Wasn't trying to be condescending and am not now. To an extent I agree. The scheme is effective if run correctly with the right personnel. But to truly bridge that gap, you need elite athletes who fit that scheme imo

I think Manny will get enough. I don’t think we will ever recruit like the top 5 schools and I have said it multiple times before. We won’t have on paper Bama style classes but we all agree that some south Florida kids who may be 3 stars or 4 stars can be just as good.

Advertisement
People remember what they want to remember. I remember it that same way. In fact I remember it seeming as if we had a better chance with Surtain as NSD approached but both kids said heading into the Miami OV that we had as good a shot as anyone to land them.

Whether they were telling the truth or not is a different subject. Most of the analysts believed that Surtain was going to LSU and Tyson to UGa. Some thought Bama might "find a way" to get both. A selected few thought we had a chance.

No one outside of this board thought Miami had a shot at either. Y’all let Dan sileo rile you all up with false hopes. Those were courtesy visits by both of those kids.

No one outside of this board thought Miami had a shot at either. Y’all let Dan sileo rile you all up with false hopes. Those were courtesy visits by both of those kids.
I don't know who Dan is. I also don't doubt that the visits were courtesy visits. I'm purely stating the info that was out to the public no matter if it was true or not. During that cycle I got most of my info from rivals, 247, and ESPN. After that cycle is when I really started following this board heavy.

So like I said the truth is a different convo. I never know what the truth is until signing day because the one thing I learned is that recruiting is fluid and just because something is true today doesn't mean it'll be true by next week.

I don't know who Dan is. I also don't doubt that the visits were courtesy visits. I'm purely stating the info that was out to the public no matter if it was true or not. During that cycle I got most of my info from rivals, 247, and ESPN. After that cycle is when I really started following this board heavy.

So like I said the truth is a different convo. I never know what the truth is until signing day because the one thing I learned is that recruiting is fluid and just because something is true today doesn't mean it'll be true by next week.

Dan Sileo was some stupid parody account who swore that surtain was coming and I placed a permanent ban bet on it. Clearly he lost. Came on here the night before and conceded basically. At one point he said we were getting 3 out of the 4 with Chatfield not being one. I called his bluff on the Campbell stuff also. It was a circus that last month on this board. It’s always a good time. Fake insiders pop up everywhere and keep it entertaining. Not much “insider” info this year. Haven’t seen anyone post that they are connected to any players outside of Macho and Restrepo.

Advertisement
Manny isn’t a recruiter. Never has recruited on an elite level anywhere he has been. Hasn’t recruited on an elite level since being here. His staff hasn’t recruited on an elite level on defense since being here. Good but not elite. Will we see a change now that he is the head man and is more of the closer? I doubt it. Manny is a scheme guy. He finds kids/athletes that fit his scheme and not stars that he wants to fit his scheme. It’s a backwards way of recruiting compared to most. I really don’t think he cares about stars or accolades. He looks more for body types and how they fit his scheme. He is perfectly fine with a bunch of 3 star LB is they are strikers who drop the sledge hammer at the point of attack.

Manny "Portal Overlord" Diaz? Judge a CFB coach by his 3rd year is my rule.

Exactly and everyone that really follows recruiting without blinders on knew that.

Dan Sileo was some stupid parody account who swore that surtain was coming and I placed a permanent ban bet on it. Clearly he lost. Came on here the night before and conceded basically. At one point he said we were getting 3 out of the 4 with Chatfield not being one. I called his bluff on the Campbell stuff also. It was a circus that last month on this board. It’s always a good time. Fake insiders pop up everywhere and keep it entertaining. Not much “insider” info this year. Haven’t seen anyone post that they are connected to any players outside of Macho and Restrepo.
Okay, I remember some of that. I use to visit this board from time to time before I really got involved. I know on 247 some of that same info was going around as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back