Keshawn Lawrence latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Elite talent has been leaving this area for years.
The problem with Rumph continues to be expectations. We expect any new coach to come here and just get everyone. Rumph’s history with the position and his familiarity with the area Made everyone feel like it was a wrap with every elite db.
So while storm 18’s db haul is very good and enviable, we bash him cause he couldn’t land his own kid that got the brinks pulled up.
We still had expectations for the 19 class but the Richt duo made sure our offense scared away any kid with a pulse and Stevenson sold out.
And what ever credit our passing defense got it gets drowned out by his haters as a product of the defensive line. However the nfl doesn’t seem to agree cause they keep getting our dudes.
But wait. It doesn’t stop after that either cause they weren’t high draft picks and other schools also put 3 star dudes in the league. So now Rumph is just like any other school that hits on one dude while Rumph has pretty high batting average so far.
So if FSU is where 5 stars go to die, then Miami is where 3 stars go to get drafted.
What position group has had the most picks in the draft since Goldie locks left?

Yep.

Pass defense #1 in the country last year.

The offense. (Crickets).

Even during Miami's big run in the 80s and 90s we were #1 in pass defense only a couple of years.

We'll be fine with the DBs we get.

The best recruiter (as always) is Coach Win.

Rumph gets blamed when we lose guys to the major bag schools but gets no credit when we land a guy. Dude can’t win on this board.

Advertisement
For the 2 dudes that have comprehension issues. Campbell and surtain took their last ov to miami right before nsd on feb 2nd. The night before nsd they called rumph and told him they weren't coming. The staff obviously thought they were still in it. I know what i'm talking about.

That was the most unforgivable part of this whole fiasco. Here's hoping they've learned a bit since then...

Just a few kids who committed and then decommited from Corey Raymond. Or I think the term for this is "played" now.
Now show the replacement players. Not the fact they keep getting top players, they have the number there now from last season and the top this year is favoring. Look, it’s not even close over there. That’s why we want the kid they just let hit the portal. We need to be night and day better at DB recruiting.

The problem with Rumph continues to be expectations. We expect any new coach to come here and just get everyone. Rumph’s history with the position and his familiarity with the area Made everyone feel like it was a wrap with every elite db.
So while storm 18’s db haul is very good and enviable, we bash him cause he couldn’t land his own kid that got the brinks pulled up.
We still had expectations for the 19 class but the Richt duo made sure our offense scared away any kid with a pulse and Stevenson sold out.
And what ever credit our passing defense got it gets drowned out by his haters as a product of the defensive line. However the nfl doesn’t seem to agree cause they keep getting our dudes.
But wait. It doesn’t stop after that either cause they weren’t high draft picks and other schools also put 3 star dudes in the league. So now Rumph is just like any other school that hits on one dude while Rumph has pretty high batting average so far.
So if FSU is where 5 stars go to die, then Miami is where 3 stars go to get drafted.
What position group has had the most picks in the draft since Goldie locks left?
The problem is our fanbase is comprised mainly of clueless morons who have never played sports at any real level. A elite kid doesnt care anywhere near about the position coach as much as he does the program. You can have the most elite coach ever at that position but if the team isnt taken seriously. Isnt winning how it needs to kids wont come anywhere near here. It's called a team for a reason. I have a feeling with a competent oc u will see far better results in recruiting now.

Advertisement
Safety

For the 2 dudes that have comprehension issues. Campbell and surtain took their last ov to miami right before nsd on feb 2nd. The night before nsd they called rumph and told him they weren't coming. The staff obviously thought they were still in it. I know what i'm talking about.

Just shows how off base the staff has been at times. Surtain was wrapped up to Bama a month prior and Campbell had been Georgia for months. Not saying we shouldn’t have took our final shot, but this staff were fools to think they were still in it.

Lawrence probably isnt coming. Always can tell due to an informed update and then 5 pages of refuse.

I digress. I wanted to post this but thought it wasn't in good taste. Due to the turn of the thread, now is a a fine time. I will PREFACE this, noting that this is only currently with 8 months still to go this cycle.

That said, it is fairly obvious that the recruiting staff on the offensive side of the ball (Enos, Hickson, Field, Barry, Stubblefield and the unsung hero COONEY) are leaps and bounds AT THIS POINT, better than the defensive side.

Van Dyke, Chaney, Rivers all committed since the MR resignation and Diaz hiring. We are still actively and realistically in play for Knighton, Redding, Cooper, Washington, Denis, Walker. Among others.

Conversely, the defensive staff has been underwhelming. We gained and lost a commit in Tennison. We regained commitments from Francois and Washington. We gained commitments from Hodges, Mathis.

Maybe I'm missing a few names. But the point is, the defensive staff, AT THIS JUNCTURE, doesn't seem up to par. They don't seem to be able to secure the elite type of recruits. Now, all this still has to play out. 8 months to go. Alot can and will change. It's worth watching. I myself am very interested to see how everything plays out defensively this season in recruiting. Hopefully, our overall record and statistics can outweigh some of the negative recruiting being done against us.

Lawrence probably isnt coming. Always can tell due to an informed update and then 5 pages of refuse.

I digress. I wanted to post this but thought it wasn't in good taste. Due to the turn of the thread, now is a a fine time. I will PREFACE this, noting that this is only currently with 8 months still to go this cycle.

That said, it is fairly obvious that the recruiting staff on the offensive side of the ball (Enos, Hickson, Field, Barry, Stubblefield and the unsung hero COONEY) are leaps and bounds AT THIS POINT, better than the defensive side.

Van Dyke, Chaney, Rivers all committed since the MR resignation and Diaz hiring. We are still actively and realistically in play for Knighton, Redding, Cooper, Washington, Denis, Walker. Among others.

Conversely, the defensive staff has been underwhelming. We gained and lost a commit in Tennison. We regained commitments from Francois and Washington. We gained commitments from Hodges, Mathis.

Maybe I'm missing a few names. But the point is, the defensive staff, AT THIS JUNCTURE, doesn't seem up to par. They don't seem to be able to secure the elite type of recruits. Now, all this still has to play out. 8 months to go. Alot can and will change. It's worth watching. I myself am very interested to see how everything plays out defensively this season in recruiting. Hopefully, our overall record and statistics can outweigh some of the negative recruiting being done against us.
The crazy part is the defense has been better than the offense the last 3 years.

Advertisement

Solid post

The crazy part is the defense has been better than the offense the last 3 years.
Definitely debatable. I would say 19 for sure. 18 more of an even split, but leaning towards offense. 17 I would have to look up.

Advertisement
I guess another question to add to my post: Who are we realistically still in play for? Who will be in the class? Not many highly sought after names out there. Which is ******* weird. Our defense has been light years ahead of our offense these last 3 years. Not to mention the tradition and history om that side of the ball. What gives?

I guess another question to add to my post: Who are we realistically still in play for? Who will be in the class? Not many highly sought after names out there. Which is ******* weird. Our defense has been light years ahead of our offense these last 3 years. Not to mention the tradition and history om that side of the ball. What gives?
Hopefully Robinson from Duval, currently committed to Bama. I doubt Pouncey or Dennis are realistic options but hey who knows. Dennis just recently transferred to Lakeland high school from Kathleen, so I believe that makes him a longer shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back