Keshawn Lawrence latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know his 7v7 coach and that a Dream Team program pretty well. Was told he wouldn’t be shocked at all if he commits soon. Probably not publicly this weekend but the coaches will know.

He doesn’t want to go to Tennessee at all. Tennessee “insiders” hyping Tennessee are clueless. Only thing going for them is the parents want him close to home but he wants to be at Miami. Assuming they’re here this weekend it should be easy to win them over and it’ll be a done deal.
DF6B1824-1F47-4125-BC8E-D81EA5D70C68.gif

Advertisement
Your status as an insider is officially on the line.

JK ... greatly appreciate the insight! Would be HUGE if we lock this kid up after Paradise.

Not an insider at all but I told y’all when Ezzard committed before it went public, when he was gonna transfer before it went public, people were saying Lawrence never visited before but I was telling people he came down with the Dream Team for the adidas tournament in early spring. Some of that may have been on tos but the coach on the 7v7 is his main dude in his recruitment and we talk weekly and he knows I’m a cane fan.

Don’t follow the crystal balls for any Tennessee insider. They’re as delusional as Florida writers and insiders. I think they landed 3 guys from Tennessee last year and have 1 from Tennessee right now in 2020 that sucks and has no offers. They have no leverage in state. Nobody wants to go there. Especially not the top player in the state when he’s seen top players leave year after year.

I wouldn’t mind seeing us try to get in Memphis a little bit more. I think we would have a lot of success because UT is a non factor there right now.

A little off topic but if the Dream Team 7v7 continues to expand and gets a little more established I’m gonna get involved in that program and start pipelining those kids to Miami. Not kidding at all. I talked them into playing in some tournaments in Florida because they were dominating everywhere else and bragging about it. I lined up that visit to campus for their entire team while they were playing in the Adidas championships with Doherty while he was still there. It’s about to be a trend and I hope it starts again with Lawrence.

Last edited:
Not an insider at all but I told y’all when Ezzard committed before it went public, when he was gonna transfer before it went public, people were saying Lawrence never visited before but I was telling people he came down with the Dream Team for the adidas tournament in early spring. Some of that may have been on tos but the coach on the 7v7 is his main dude in his recruitment and we talk weekly and he knows I’m a cane fan.

Don’t follow the crystal balls for any Tennessee insider. They’re as delusional as Florida writers and insiders. I think they landed 3 guys from Tennessee last year and have 1 from Tennessee right now in 2020 that sucks and has no offers. They have no leverage in state. Nobody wants to go there. Especially not the top player in the state when he’s seen top players leave year after year.

I wouldn’t mind seeing us try to get in Memphis a little bit more. I think we would have a lot of success because UT is a non factor there right now.

Was just busting your chops... appreciative of the info, and if it doesn't come to fruition... well that's part of the recruiting game

Was just busting your chops... appreciative of the info, and if it doesn't come to fruition... well that's part of the recruiting game
Nah you’re good bro. I’ll take the **** on here if it doesn’t happen it doesn’t bother me. Another thing to watch will be for him to push back that commit date. If he does... that means the parents haven’t ok’d Miami yet but that’s where he wants to go. Honestly, it always happens that parents come to coral Gables and leave blown away because it’s not what they thought it would be. Corn has told them that before but they need to see it first hand. Shouldn’t be a problem

Advertisement
Nah you’re good bro. I’ll take the **** on here if it doesn’t happen it doesn’t bother me. Another thing to watch will be for him to push back that commit date. If he does... that means the parents haven’t ok’d Miami yet but that’s where he wants to go. Honestly, it always happens that parents come to coral Gables and leave blown away because it’s not what they thought it would be. Corn has told them that before but they need to see it first hand. Shouldn’t be a problem

Do I need to show up to an Ensworth game this fall and drop off the bag?

Advertisement
@mjackson6 How open are his parents to Miami? Are they going off what other coaches are telling them about Miami or do they just not know about the area?

Corn has told them how it’s not what they think. Their son has told them. Coaches have told them. They want to see for themselves which they will today and this weekend. I don’t think it will be an issue.

And just to add to that... Tennessee begged him to cancel his visit to Miami and even said they weren’t sure if they would have a spot for him if he made the trip (lol) per his 7v7 coach.

Last ditch effort because they know he’s gone is what that sounds like

Have heard plenty of times from many people that Pruitt is trying the Alabama strategy thinking they can stop kids from taking visits and threatening to drop them or pull their offer if they do. Leaving a bad taste for a lot of players and coaches because Tennessee is as irrelevant as anyone right now. He’s rushing “the process” that we always here about.

That's hilarious. Unless you're Clemson or Bama, good luck with that approach.

Advertisement
How close is his HS to La Vergne? I lived there for around a year and still have family in Smyrna. Might go check out a game in October.

Just listened to it and that stood out. Miami coaches tend to “feel good” about every prospect but for Ivins to say that in the face of the CBs flying in for Tennessee is very very interesting. What a steal this would be.
Yeah that was a great listen. I can’t listen to that and then feel like our staff isn’t recruiting their asses off. It sounds like the plan Manny has in place is on schedule.

Advertisement
If the only thing keeping UT in it is his parents wanting to keep him close can't we get the parents good jobs and set up down here like the bag schools do? I'm not saying drop a bag, but there have to be some uber successful cats here that can afford to give gainful employment to his folks.

Come on CIS, Who is hiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back