Kerr might visit this weekend

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Sounds like a Cane but who knows eh

"Kerr says he will make a final decision "in the next two weeks."

But he also made it clear that he remains committed to Miami.

"I mean, like I said from the get go, me committing, I really don't take my commitment lightly," Kerr said. "That's not to say that FSU is completely out of it. It really just comes down to where I feel comfortable and stuff. For me to commit, that means something. Miami's still No. 1.

And Kerr also may take an unofficial visit to UM this weekend.

"We're thinking about it," he said. "I want to meet the new coach."

Asked if FSU was pushing for him to commit to the Seminoles this weekend, Kerr said, "They made it clear they really, really want me to be there. They didn't want to step on anybody's toes, respect my commitment. But they wanted to show me everything they could show me."

Asked the percent chance he still winds up a Cane, Kerr said, "I don't know numbers, but I'm still committed."

I'm just really surprised FSU is going after our measly three star players mane, thought they were bout that five star life.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know he is more of a blocking TE but any TE that goes to FSU is making a bad business decision.

+1. The list is deep of TEs who never amounted to anything. The one that was decent (think his name was Warren) ended up transferring

Advertisement
So this is getting interesting. Is Miami backing off Kerr?

According to CS article, Mario, our new TE coach, hasn't even contacted Kerr yet. Interesting.

And then Bakas wrote this:

Kerr wants to be here. If Miami wants him in this class, he'll be in it.Lets see what happens in the next few days. Cristobal is the new tight ends coach, so all current tight end recruits were probably re-evaluated by him. If he wants Kerr in this class, Jeremy will most likely be in it.

Was that him in an interview the other day where he said they sat him down and showed him how they plan on using their TE's next season?

If he watches college football he's seen FSU and how little Jimbo uses his TE's historically. What TE has FSU put in the league recently?

****, we got Richard Gordon and Dedrick Epps in the league.

Hope this kid is in the class. The kid has a valuable role on the team it won't be flashy but it will be valuable.

According to CS article, Mario, our new TE coach, hasn't even contacted Kerr yet. Interesting.

Kerr wants to be here. If Miami wants him in this class, he'll be in it.Lets see what happens in the next few days. Cristobal is the new tight ends coach, so all current tight end recruits were probably re-evaluated by him. If he wants Kerr in this class, Jeremy will most likely be in it.

Agree with the first, it's possible we may have cooled on him considering the kid will use his family's dime to meet the new coach, and not the other way around. It's difficult to understand the tone of these or any comments but reading the OP it seems we've fallen out of love a bit and FSU is looking like a fallback. As always "if you're looking, we're looking". I hope it's as it seems, we will hold spots for the top tier guys but if the third TE in the class gets frisky, he does so at his own peril.

But as to the final statement that all TEs are being reevaluated, sounds like BS. This staff as a whole has conducted camps, watched film and recruited these kids hard for 2 years preparing for this class. Now Mario jumps aboard, last week, and is reevaluating recruits with the ability to void a previous offer? Again sounds like BS (or a fantastic scapegoat).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kid needs to realize that FSU is an Aids Tree inside of a dumpster fire and not even consider those low life scumbags.

Agreed with all this.

Advertisement
Golden is their best evaluater so who ever he goes after is who they will go after... lol Jimbo knows what he is up against... he knows a storm is brewing in Miami and he just wants to be in the eye... we will own them again and he knows this...

No doubt... FSU may have good salesmen but they are average to below average evaluators!

Advertisement
Back