Keontra to LB! (from Cribby Nuggets)

who said they are ahead of them. Also Huff and Flagg dont play the same position.
I was responding to Flagg and Keontra likely starting this season and I worry about Cave and Huff hitting the portal then since both Flagg and Keontra are underclassmen and could have those spots locked this next 2 seasons.

Advertisement
All jokes aside, I agree with OP though, Keontra to LB is a breath of fresh air.

MLB - Corey Flagg Jr/ Tirek Austin-Cave
WLB - Keontra Smith/ Sam Brooks/ Avery Huff

More speed in the 2 deep will benefit the Defense overall.
Don't overlook Huff. Light is beginning to turn on. Even he admit that it was hard catching on as quickly as some of the other guys, but now he's seeing things slow down for him and he's making plays. His numbers are always in the top 2 for tackles from what is being put out. LB room beginning to look much better now with underclassmen getting in their groove.

Lets stop talking about Perry! Again after another scrimmage he's not on the list for making tackles. Experience don't mean anything and useless if you do know how to use it.

That's a small LB lineup. Bama crushes us with that starting lineup. That's every lb under 220 except for Brooks who's right at 220-225. Even if Flag starts, he has dropped weight as well. That may bode well with other teams in the ACC where rb size isn't as much of an issue. Great for spread teams, but anything other than that, we will have another UNC type of performance defending the run.
On the positive side, if bama runs up the middle on us, it’ll chew time and keep the score down unless we toss picks.

Advertisement
Please go, and when you get there go directly to the Bama tailgate and yell “ **** you inbreeds, I hope you get aids from your sister”. They love that type of stuff , they call it a” good ole needling”. They’ll love it!

Then tell me all about it when you get back.
i go regardless (or disirregardlessly if you are from west kendall). i've gone to just about every major home game away for the last 10 years or so (FSU away, LSU, Florida, ACCCG etc.). that's what being a fan is and i went in thinking we had a chance in every game. i'll go to the alabama game also.

Advertisement
The biggest thing with this is we are Finally moving guys in the position they should be and not the one they want to play. We’ve made this mistake so many times over the years. It’s about time

I’ve posted it 20 times. We beat Alabama, we kick their *** in the first half. They will come back on us in the second to make it close. They have no idea what’s about to happen to them and college football. It’s on and we’re back.

Attachments

• DC809D3C-69B8-4A29-808F-3AB7C9EAFA50.gif
    DC809D3C-69B8-4A29-808F-3AB7C9EAFA50.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
People thought it would be done two months ago. Obviously they aren’t losing sleep with a crap ton of kids being in limbo. With more to come after spring.
NCAA doesn’t give a **** about the kids. They will just keep kicking the can until it goes away. Old timers on TV will keep bashing the portal. Rinse and repeat

Advertisement
This deserves its own thread. When I read that my heart was uplifted. If Brooks gets healthy, we will actually have a quality set of starters with Gil at Striker, Smith at OLB and Brooks at MLB.

I am starting to drink the Kool-Aid. Where's @Go Canes!! when you need him?

He is too small to play LB. Jennings is a way better run defender than Smith, (whatever that means to you). He can't take on blocks, rewind the clemson footage, he was turning his back and gettinng ran out of hole just like this. Brooks is also pretty bad in traditional run fits. Smith, Brooks and Huff are good vs say Oklahoma type teams, not Bama or Wisconsin type teams.
Screenshot_20210410-214934_Twitter.jpg

Well, YOU"RE a ray of sunshine!

I like a man with enthusiasms.

Hey, Maurice Crum aint walking through that door. Michael Barrow aint walking through that door. Nate Webster aint walking through that door...

Im just being honest!!

Hey, Maurice Crum aint walking through that door. Michael Barrow aint walking through that door. Nate Webster aint walking through that door...

Im just being honest!!
Where art thou Romeo!

Advertisement

Im just being honest!!

Never said you were wrong - just suggested you're not beaming much sunshine.

Grouch. Honest! But grouchy.

Might want to hit Tootsies's for a couple - get you back in tune with your true nature . . .

Advertisement
Back