Keontra Smith (mopes need not apply)

ssvir

Sophomore
Premium
https://theathletic.com/708887/2018...-smith-miami-hurricanes-early-signing-period/

I know several of you don't have subscriptions to the Athletic but you should for stories like this.

Keontra Smith type players is what made Miami great and will MMGA.

At-risk kid that made the right choices, had the right guidance in his life, and wanted to be a Hurricane his whole life (even after not getting offered right away).

Going to be the next JJ on/off the field.

There will be plenty of mope threads about guys that we didn't get but we should be celebrating guys that we are getting that acted the right way and stayed true to their commitments (ie: Payton).

Advertisement
Advertisement
https://theathletic.com/708887/2018...-smith-miami-hurricanes-early-signing-period/

I know several of you don't have subscriptions to the Athletic but you should for stories like this.

At-risk kid that made the right choices, had the right guidance in his life, and wanted to be a Hurricane his whole life (even after not getting offered right away).

There will be plenty of mope threads about guys that we didn't get but we should be celebrating guys that we are getting that acted the right way and stayed true to their commitments (ie: Payton).

So why not just celebrate the kid instead of centering the attention of your thread more on the "mopes" than KS himself?

Can't wait to watch the kid play with that U on his helmet. No need to mention our hopes that Thomas Brown doesn't call him a cancer at some point.

Advertisement

Once again, we are in good hands and back to recruiting the type of athlete's that belong here. This guy is a faster version of jaquan but we'll see about his football I.Q. compared to jaquan, and his open field tackling ability which is what helped to make jaquan top flight!

Advertisement
So why not just celebrate the kid instead of centering the attention of your thread more on the "mopes" than KS himself?

Can't wait to watch the kid play with that U on his helmet. No need to mention our hopes that Thomas Brown doesn't call him a cancer at some point.

Ignore feature for you

He looked real good in coverage during 7v7 at the Opening too. I was pleasantly surprised. He's gonna be a stud

Advertisement
Smith is very underrated. Does remind me of Jaquan

If we land him, Tyrique, and Emerson, our Safety depth will finally be legit and should be fun to watch this spring

FS -
1a. Tyrique Stevenson - Fr.
or
1b. Gurvan Hall - So.
2. Derrick Smith - Jr.
3. Martin Emerson - Fr.

SS -
1a. Amari Carter - Jr.
or
1b. Gurvan Hall- So.
2. Keontra Smith - Fr.
3. Robert Knowles - Sr.

Even could see Blades or Frierson playing some safety next year as well

Smith is very underrated. Does remind me of Jaquan

If we land him, Tyrique, and Emerson, our Safety depth will finally be legit and should be fun to watch this spring

FS -
1a. Tyrique Stevenson - Fr.
or
1b. Gurvan Hall - So.
2. Derrick Smith - Jr.
3. Martin Emerson - Fr.

SS -
1a. Amari Carter - Jr.
or
1b. Gurvan Hall- So.
2. Keontra Smith - Fr.
3. Robert Knowles - Sr.

Even could see Blades or Frierson playing some safety next year as well

FIFY

And the Canes staff didn't look his way til Battle, Dent and a few others went elsewhere in the spring. Even Sanguinetti was ahead of Keontra at one point.

Ke was set on Kentucky, but grew up praying to be a Cane. He was the #12 Safety in the country after his junior year, and we still didn't acknowledge him. His fam was frustrated. I'm so proud of him for being patient and knowing the higher power would light his way home.

Good luck, Locksmith!!!

Advertisement
Back