Keontra Smith (mopes need not apply)

I want him as my Striker once Finley graduates. Let DSmith, Carter, Hall and Stephenson (knock on wood) hold down the safety spots.

Advertisement
Smith is very underrated. Does remind me of Jaquan

If we land him, Tyrique, and Emerson, our Safety depth will finally be legit and should be fun to watch this spring

FS -
1a. Tyrique Stevenson - Fr.
or
1b. Gurvan Hall - So.
2. Derrick Smith - Jr.
3. Martin Emerson - Fr.

SS -
1a. Amari Carter - Jr.
or
1b. Gurvan Hall- So.
2. Keontra Smith - Fr.
3. Robert Knowles - Sr.

Even could see Blades or Frierson playing some safety next year as well

Get Blades on the field. Dogs win games.

Smith is very underrated. Does remind me of Jaquan

If we land him, Tyrique, and Emerson, our Safety depth will finally be legit and should be fun to watch this spring

FS -
1a. Tyrique Stevenson - Fr.
or
1b. Gurvan Hall - So.
2. Derrick Smith - Jr.
3. Martin Emerson - Fr.

SS -
1a. Amari Carter - Jr.
or
1b. Gurvan Hall- So.
2. Keontra Smith - Fr.
3. Robert Knowles - Sr.

Even could see Blades or Frierson playing some safety next year as well
Versatility and playmakers everywhere

I know we have had some nfl talent in our secondary for quite a while lately but if we get Tyrique Stevenson we will have loaded our db group like I haven’t seen at Miami in over 10 years

Cb
4 star bandy
4 star frierson
4 star ivey
4 star blades
4star couch
3 star bethel

Safety
5 star Stevenson possibly
4 star gurvan hall
3 star Amari Carter
4 star keontra smith

Lot of talent in the secondary next year.

Advertisement
I don't know about comparing him to Stevenson...not sure they'll even play the same position. But dudes like Smith are the types that set the tone for the defense and are invaluable, and perennially go undervalued in recruiting conversations. Same with Bandy, same with Jaquan, same with Pink.

Advertisement
https://theathletic.com/708887/2018...-smith-miami-hurricanes-early-signing-period/

I know several of you don't have subscriptions to the Athletic but you should for stories like this.

Keontra Smith type players is what made Miami great and will MMGA.

At-risk kid that made the right choices, had the right guidance in his life, and wanted to be a Hurricane his whole life (even after not getting offered right away).

Going to be the next JJ on/off the field.

There will be plenty of mope threads about guys that we didn't get but we should be celebrating guys that we are getting that acted the right way and stayed true to their commitments (ie: Payton).

Based on his testing numbers, IMO he has a higher ceiling than JJ. Think this kid could be the dark horse of the class.

Advertisement
Back