Keondre Coburn 18 DT

Not a chance
Kid is going to UT. He even says he will still probably sign with them in the story lol.

Why didn't he sign in the early period? I agree he is a long shot but who knows what can happen after you get a kid on campus.

Coburn has been committed to UT since August, but elected not to ink with the Longhorns during the Early Signing Period. The Houston Westfield standout told reporters earlier this month at the Under Armour All-America Game was because he wanted his mom to be present when he signed paperwork.

“It was just a choice I made. I wanted to have my whole family be at the signing day and there was no way my mom could’ve flown from California that fast with the money situation and all that. I’m still going to sign, probably to Texas most likely.”

If a guy ask his girl “will you marry me?” And she responds “probably, most likely.” Do you think they are going to start planning the wedding?

Depends on how big of a simp the dude is. He might be a sucka, who knows.
But fine, don’t pay attention to the kids quotes, fall for it if you all want to lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Refuse to believe this will happen; think this is a free trip for this kid.

Come on Rell. You can't be all the way in on PS2 and not be in here. Ain't no such thing as half way. He's a guy that we can get on campus and show him the exact opposite of what he is used too and pull off the upset. Wont be easy, but this is a kid who has talked us up in the past and is VERY impressionable. He seems like a differnt type of kid who likes to be different

I know, I know; but Herman has put in these kids heads to stay home. Have a couple of UT alums I work w, and they are not sweating this visit at all. They stay connected w the program. I’m a big fan of Coburn, but I’m just not feeling this recruitment at all. If we pull him in the 23rd hr, man, crown this staff fa real. I don’t care if we don’t land PS2 or Campbell; if they somehow flip Coburn, that would be grade A recruiting

Refuse to believe this will happen; think this is a free trip for this kid.

Come on Rell. You can't be all the way in on PS2 and not be in here. Ain't no such thing as half way. He's a guy that we can get on campus and show him the exact opposite of what he is used too and pull off the upset. Wont be easy, but this is a kid who has talked us up in the past and is VERY impressionable. He seems like a differnt type of kid who likes to be different

I know, I know; but Herman has put in these kids heads to stay home. Have a couple of UT alums I work w, and they are not sweating this visit at all. They stay connected w the program. I’m a big fan of Coburn, but I’m just not feeling this recruitment at all. If we pull him in the 23rd hr, man, crown this staff fa real. I don’t care if we don’t land PS2 or Campbell; if they somehow flip Coburn, that would be grade A recruiting

I get it and there is more truth in what youre saying than not. Especially since Texas is not like S. Fl. You spurn texas and you don't really get to come back i feel like, but get em on campus and anything can happen.

Advertisement
Seen this movie before.
Spoiler Alert: allow me to share the script.

1) Tells recruiting sites that UM has always been his dream
school (drops a reference to a Cane great in NFL).
2) Confides that he may even take an OV to soBeach.
3) Takes OV.
4) Tweets picture of cookie in hotel room
5) Tweets picture of bay from hotel room
6) Tweets picture of him and UM coaches throwing the U from South Pointe.
7) On Sunday afternoon, none of the UM beat writers can't get him on the phone
because he's tired from trip
8) Monday: still no trace of him.
9) Middle/late week: re-commits to UT.

texas is going through a ridiculous cold spell right now, so just being here can't hurt. only weather issue will be some rain on sunday.

Seen this movie before.

3) Takes OV.

Are you implying we shouldn't take him on a OV?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seen this movie before.

3) Takes OV.

All of this.

Feee trip. Thompson ain’t coming either.

Chatman and/or Briggs. Unless Carson is still considering us. Bring all 3 of them in + Nesta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully this guy turns out to be a stud recruiter because it's pretty hard to understand otherwise

You're overthinking things brother. He's not the tenth coach(atleast as of now) he's just like Daugherty & baez hes just a quality control guy. Basically assistance in lining things up and communicating between staff, parents and recruits. He was gave a temporary promotion because kool finally admitted this water is deep and full of sharks. He needs help to get around to the right kids with the time we have left being limited. He's basically a sales associate to put the right kids in front of kool. Im being optimistic that well be okay this year but moving forward this waiting around so late in the process needs to be addressed. Gotta be more aggressive than that.

some of us been questioning kool on this, but these white knight idiots had every excuse in the book. this falls on diaz, imo. he's the boss on defense. what the **** has he been doing? richt might want to look into hiring a second dline coach, that coach either Tackles or ends like some other schools do

Nah. Kool #1 doesnt answer to anyone but richt. Hes considered on the same plate as diaz etc.#2 coaching wise hes fine. Got that in oodles. Problem is (and i think that was part of the problem at mizzou)hes very old school. Parts of the game might be passing him by to an extent. He needs help with all the recruiting aspects. He should prioritize the kids he wants than let staff work on elvauating & targeting those kids we have legit wants or needs towards. I personally feel hes overwhelmed with everything on his plate.

Advertisement
Back