2025 Kentrell Rinehart, RB - Galloway Westland (Galloway, OH) offered + sets visit

Advertisement
Not true. Ohio State will always have series comp from our neighbors to the west. Growing up here, Michigan was always a thorn in their side, although when Tressel came along he tightened it up and made it much harder for Michigan and Penn State. Last year Michigan got the no. 1 RB prospect in the state, OSU definitely wanted him, but Cincinnati and Toledo kids aren’t all in on Columbus like most other kids in the state.

I’m not familiar with this kid, never even heard of his school, but I’m going to keep an eye on him. There are 2 kids from the Cleveland area, Davis from Cleveland Hts and Bo Jackson from VASJ in Cleveland that are 100% legit and Miami caliber. I don’t know how seriously we are about either, but I wouldn’t be disappointed if we make runs at both and I don’t normally feel that way about players up here.
Part of OSU's arrogance is feeling that they can slow play some of the local studs in favor of some national players and then circle back around when those national players commit elsewhere. They tried to do that with Drew Allar a couple of years ago but he stuck with Pedo State. It has worked in the past, but I think kids are taking that approach more personally. JMO

Kentucky, NC State, Syracuse, and Indiana all have had better RB rooms than Miami the last 10yrs or so.

Why would those guys be after him if he wasn’t any good?

Funny thing is Kentucky, NC St, Indiana - there really hasn't been much difference between our RB room and theirs in the last 10 years.

It's kind of sad.

Funny thing is Kentucky, NC St, Indiana - there really hasn't been much difference between our RB room and theirs in the last 10 years.

It's kind of sad.

All of those schools have more guys in the pros currently (and over the last 10yrs) than Miami.

And I agree 100%, that **** is sad indeed.

Advertisement
Not true. Ohio State will always have series comp from our neighbors to the west. Growing up here, Michigan was always a thorn in their side, although when Tressel came along he tightened it up and made it much harder for Michigan and Penn State. Last year Michigan got the no. 1 RB prospect in the state, OSU definitely wanted him, but Cincinnati and Toledo kids aren’t all in on Columbus like most other kids in the state.

I’m not familiar with this kid, never even heard of his school, but I’m going to keep an eye on him. There are 2 kids from the Cleveland area, Davis from Cleveland Hts and Bo Jackson from VASJ in Cleveland that are 100% legit and Miami caliber. I don’t know how seriously we are about either, but I wouldn’t be disappointed if we make runs at both and I don’t normally feel that way about players up here.
Michigan has always recruited well in northern Ohio.
Elvis Grbac
Demond Howard
Charles Woodson

Elvis Grbac
Demond Howard
Charles Woodson
Cleveland used to be a 50-50 turf back in the day, but when that sweater vest wearing con man took over in 2001 he made it a lot more difficult. Notre Dame used to always have success in Cincinnati, Freeman is from Dayton, so I imagine that he’ll do well down there.

Elvis Grbac
Demond Howard
Charles Woodson
The Bo Jackson kid plays at the school that Grbac and Howard went to. My nephew is the offensive line coach there. It was just St. Joes back then.

Advertisement
Kentucky, NC State, Syracuse, and Indiana all have had better RB rooms than Miami the last 10yrs or so.

Why would those guys be after him if he wasn’t any good?
I know the area very well Bishop Ready is a small catholic school playing against weak comp....Yes he has some size but has no wiggle or top end speed just basically bullying lil Timmy's like he should....kids are smaller with less physicality on his tape... recently transferred to 1-9 Westland one of worse programs in the OCC which has much better comp ... playing a tougher conference schedule is going to be interesting to see him vs D-1 moving from D4 local comp ... Westland plays a weak non conf schedule I would expect any back to eat the first 3...but I'll definitely go evaluate him once they get into conference play... to see if my opinion is accurate...

I believe Benny Snell is the last RB Kentucky hit on from Central Ohio that kid was running over some heavy hitter D1 schools he was like that.....*4 /#4 ath Mike Drennen was a bust at KY never really did anything against solid D in hs.... its not like KY always get those diamonds in the rough to work out...OSU took a highly rated kid from the area Jalen Gill we felt wasn't going to get pt there only going off camp hype..... dominated camps but never did anything against good teams from the area....at this point, I believe Miami should be after high end backs not project types...I wish the kid success wherever he lands but I can't see him as that taking the next step recruit..

I noticed a poster above mention Leveon Bell.... we'll I know him very well watched him play as a shorty to HS the reason he was rated low the area only had one guy covering by the name of Marc Givler at the time worked with Buckeye Grove....everybody in our circle told him Bell was top notch but he said OSU already had a better option in Carlos Hyde.... who was arguably better at the time....now the area has more outlets to get seen around the country....it's much different now from back then....

Last edited:
I know the area very well Bishop Ready is a small catholic school playing against weak comp....Yes he has some size but has no wiggle or top end speed just basically bullying lil Timmy's like he should....kids are smaller with less physicality on his tape... recently transferred to 1-9 Westland one of worse programs in the OCC which has much better comp ... playing a tougher conference schedule is going to be interesting to see him vs D-1 moving from D4 local comp ... Westland plays a weak non conf schedule I would expect any back to eat the first 3...but I'll definitely go evaluate him once they get into conference play... to see if my opinion is accurate...

I believe Benny Snell is the last RB Kentucky hit on from Central Ohio that kid was running over some heavy hitter D1 schools he was like that.....*4 /#4 ath Mike Drennen was a bust at KY never really did anything against solid D in hs.... its not like KY always get those diamonds in the rough to work out...OSU took a highly rated kid from the area Jalen Gill we felt wasn't going to get pt there only going off camp hype..... dominated camps but never did anything against good teams from the area....at this point, I believe Miami should be after high end backs not project types...I wish the kid success wherever he lands but I can't see him as that taking the next step recruit..

I noticed a poster above mention Leveon Bell.... we'll I know him very well watched him play as a shorty to HS the reason he was rated low the area only had one guy covering by the name of Marc Givler at the time worked with Buckeye Grove....everybody in our circle told him Bell was top notch but he said OSU already had a better option in Carlos Hyde.... who was arguably better at the time....now the area has more outlets to get seen around the country....it's much different now from back then....
Sorry to hear you live in Ohio.

That’s a very in depth explanation sir.

I’ll cede the floor and point to you. I don’t have the local ties and background you have on the young man.

Advertisement
Working here is great but the weather is phucked up...good thing I travel alot ...only thing lit hete is the short north area basically connected to OSU campus everything else is shty...

How's the Arena District these days? Haven't been Downtown lately.

How's the Arena District these days? Haven't been Downtown lately.
It's nice Blue Jacket fans seem to enjoy that area the most...its all connected to the new convention center and short north which always has something going on...I'd say that entire area as a whole is solid....

Advertisement

Agreed. I mentioned Bell, but it was geared more towards guys slipping through the cracks and being successful who OSU slow played or ignored. I live in Columbus, so I know exactly what you’re trying to tell everyone!

Advertisement
Back