Kendrell Scurry WR 2019

Advertisement
Spoke to his mom today and apparently Baez messaged him over the weekend to gauge interest. He's a 2019 kid so plenty of time. He a **** of a year and isnthe top receiver as a 10th grader. Legit 6'4" 185lbs right now.

He's committed to UT but mom says there's a lot up in the air... I.e. Butch getting fired.
23 era - Kendrell Scurry highlights - Hudl
[HUDL]23 era - Kendrell Scurry highlights - Hudl[/HUDL]

Doesn't he have a WR teammate that's also committed to UT?

Spoke to his mom today and apparently Baez messaged him over the weekend to gauge interest. He's a 2019 kid so plenty of time. He a **** of a year and isnthe top receiver as a 10th grader. Legit 6'4" 185lbs right now.

He's committed to UT but mom says there's a lot up in the air... I.e. Butch getting fired.
23 era - Kendrell Scurry highlights - Hudl
[HUDL]23 era - Kendrell Scurry highlights - Hudl[/HUDL]

Doesn't he have a WR teammate that's also committed to UT?

Yes it's Nate Johnson's (plays for Michigan) little brother, TJ Sheffield.

Just a little update. He's not currently being recruited by UM but I found out some interesting info from his mom this morning. Apparently Kevin Beard, who was his lead recruiter is only recruiting SoFla kids to UT and its ****ing off all of the high school coaches. Now Butch has turned on Beard as of it wasn't his idea on the first place.

Just a little update. He's not currently being recruited by UM but I found out some interesting info from his mom this morning. Apparently Kevin Beard, who was his lead recruiter is only recruiting SoFla kids to UT and its ****ing off all of the high school coaches. Now Butch has turned on Beard as of it wasn't his idea on the first place.

^^^hugh^^ why would kevin beard recruiting sofla kids to UT **** off coaches? kevin beard works for UT? who else would he be recruiting for? doesn't make sense.

Advertisement

^^^hugh^^ why would kevin beard recruiting sofla kids to UT **** off coaches? kevin beard works for UT? who else would he be recruiting for? doesn't make sense.
Sorry meant local TN high school coaches

So you're telling me butch is ****ed about beard recruiting so Florida like he didnt know that is what he is assigned to do??? Yea that sounds like something he might try to do

I assume he meant its ****ing off local Tennessee hs coaches

Advertisement
Butch is probably going to get himself fired after this season. Guy has no idea what he's doing. Very unorganized & when he messes up he throws other coaches under the bus. Beard is a good guy & decent coach but you can't tell me Butch didn't bring him in to recruit skill position guys from SoFla. Now Butch pretends to be upset at Beard because he's embarrassed & cant / won't take responsibility for his decisions. Sinking ship!

Literally none of that is true at all. I'm a vol fan and definitely not the biggest supporter of Butch, but he does not throw his coaches or players under the bus. He is simply not that kind of guy. His defficiencies come from his mismanagment of the team on gameday. If he is awful this season he very well may be fired.

Have you noticed Tennessee's instate class this year? They are about to land the #2 and #10 guys in TN which would make 7 players of the top 10. The #4 guy instate is a WR commit from Coffee County, TN. UT recruits nationally and has for a very long time. It was only until recently the talent instate rose significantly. It makes zero sense the high school coaches would be upset with a big time school/coach for recruiting nationally just because it's in the same state.

In other words, your post is very ignorant.

I not sure about the whole recruiting situation in Tenn., all I know is Beard is a SoFla guy and he knows where the top WRs come from, so he is going after them.. I heard KB's name come up a few times, when it comes to WRs in SoFla!! PPL that follow HS football recruiting, they all know that SoFla is the hotbed for skill position talent and when Butch hired those SoFLa recruiters "he made it clear, where he wanted his talent to come from"!!

Literally none of that is true at all. I'm a vol fan and definitely not the biggest supporter of Butch, but he does not throw his coaches or players under the bus. He is simply not that kind of guy. His defficiencies come from his mismanagment of the team on gameday. If he is awful this season he very well may be fired.

Have you noticed Tennessee's instate class this year? They are about to land the #2 and #10 guys in TN which would make 7 players of the top 10. The #4 guy instate is a WR commit from Coffee County, TN. UT recruits nationally and has for a very long time. It was only until recently the talent instate rose significantly. It makes zero sense the high school coaches would be upset with a big time school/coach for recruiting nationally just because it's in the same state.

It was Butch's idea to bring in Beard to recruit SoFla receivers. Now all of the WR recruits in TN are getting irritated because Beard is spending all of his time recruiting SoFla receivers and not TN receivers. Why do you think Scurry decommitted? Butch has tried to make up ground with him but that's the problem. Who idea was it in the first place. Butch is Golden 2.0! I knew there was going to be problems when Butch ripped off the whole Brick by Brick mantra!

On a side note you're a UT fan trolling a Miami page L O L, spare me the ignorant lingo just because you didn't like what I had to say! Say hi to Byrd for me 5B57EBF3-2630-4F94-82D6-64651ED1C984_zpsrxcuvju4.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Tennessee is going 5-7. Their defense was the worst in team history for them and kept their DC then fired the OC who had one of the better offenses in the country last year. They put Scott at OC.. I'm thankful for Scotts time here but OC? It gonna get ugly over there and fast.

Advertisement
His mom asked me to bring him down for an unofficial visit for Notre Dame game. All setup! See you animals there!

Man, I thought I had seen everything...

But now we have a Tennessee fan bragging about getting SEVEN of the top ten players in Tennessee.

Remind me again, how many other comparable schools are in Tennessee? Oh, yeah, there's MEMMMMPHIS, but give me a freaking break, Tennessee has dominated its own state since the dawn of time.

Imagine if UM got 7 of the top ten in Florida. Now THAT would be worth bragging about.

Nobody is saying that Hot Seat Butch threw Beard under the bus publicly. But it is pretty obvious why Tennessee hired multiple former Miami coaches, and it isn't to recruit "seven out of the top 10" Tennessee high school players.

What is very reasonable to comprehend is that a bunch of Tennessee high school coaches are trying to get their players Tennessee offers, and (for right or wrong) think that the reason they can't get it done is because certain coaches are predominantly recruiting out-of-state. Which is technically true. And I'm sure that Hot Seat Butch is then reassuring those HS coaches that the overlooking of local kids is not his fault.

But, hey, it makes "zero sense" to you, so it must be wrong.

Advertisement
Back