Kendall Jackson 2024 3* DL Came To His Senses and Commits to the Canes

Advertisement
Bye Bye Goodbye GIF

It doesn't matter if our NIL is "on par," or whatever, with major bag instutions. We aren't paying enough. It's blatantly obvious.
When you say enough, do you mean above and beyond to offset the fact we suck, or just as much as the big schools?

My hypothesis is that we’re paying as much or more than the OU/OSU’s (leaving Alabama, UGA, Texas and A&M out of this), but we’re the school where elite players go to those programs and say “get within this ballpark and I’m coming to you instead”.

When you say enough, do you mean above and beyond to offset the fact we suck, or just as much as the big schools?

My hypothesis is that we’re paying as much or more than the OU/OSU’s, but we’re the school where elite players go to those programs and say “get within this ballpark and I’m coming to you instead”.
Yes.

Paying enough means whatever it takes to get the individual you are targeting.

If we are one-on-one vs. those schools, we will habe to overpay. It's not exactly Calculus 4.

Advertisement

My hypothesis is that we’re paying as much or more than the OU/OSU’s (leaving Alabama, UGA, Texas and A&M out of this but we’re the school where elite players go to those programs and say “get within this ballpark and I’m coming to you instead”.
We’re being used as a match or come close to this number IMO

An honest appraisal of Mario's tenure thus far is that it's been a comprehensive failure.
Pretty much. He had a nicely ranked bump class and flipped the OL situation in my opinion. I think he’s improved the CB room as well as the LB room. Done a good job getting TEs.

Product on the field was horrid and now we’re not landing the talent we need for him to have a chance.

Yes.

Paying enough means whatever it takes to get the individual you are targeting.

If we are one-on-one vs. those schools, we will habe to overpay. It's not exactly Calculus 4.
Once Barney was lost, that’s when it became soooo obvious we weren’t willing or don’t have the money to overpay. My expectations for this class since then have been non existent. It’s obvious what’s going on….

Advertisement
An honest appraisal of Mario's tenure thus far is that it's been a comprehensive failure.
I think that’s still too early to define, personally. But I won’t say you’re outright wrong considering what we’re paying. It really hinges on ’23.

Salvaging the 2022 class recruiting-wise exceeded all expectations. The ‘23 class was very f^cking good, and was a bizarre Deion instance away from being insane, especially considering the product on the field.

The 2022 season was an unmitigated disaster, however he did do basically everything on paper to resolve the issues, which included gutting 85% of the staff and signing a top 10 portal class. However, we are now struggling with Mario’s bread and butter, which is recruiting.

2023 season will tell us which way the needle moves. If he goes 7-5 or worse, it’s a failure thus far for sure. If he goes 9-3, it’s somewhat a success so far. 8-4 and we’ll be having another discussion in neutral-ish, although I would lean failure considering the money we’re supposedly allocating for good but not great results.

I think that’s still too early to define, personally. But I won’t say you’re outright wrong considering what we’re paying. It really hinges on ’23.

Salvaging the 2022 class recruiting-wise exceeded all expectations. The ‘23 class was very f^cking good, and was a bizarre Deion instance away from being insane, especially considering the product on the field.

The 2022 season was an unmitigated disaster, however he did do basically everything on paper to resolve the issues, which included gutting 85% of the staff and signing a top 10 portal class. However, we are now struggling with Mario’s bread and butter, which is recruiting.

2023 season will tell us which way the needle moves. If he goes 7-5 or worse, it’s a failure thus far for sure. If he goes 9-3, it’s somewhat a success so far. 8-4 and we’ll be having another discussion in neutral-ish, although I would lean failure considering the money we’re supposedly allocating for good but not great results.
Fair

The panic that is setting in is that the competitive advantage we thought we were paying for has not materialized. “He may not be a good game day coach, but he will bring in top 10 classes” is not coming to fruition. If he can’t do that, and he isn’t an Xs and Os guru and he has shown a terrible eye for coaches thus far then we are looking for statistically improbable outcomes or for a crazy pivot. I was hopeful because I thought he would be able to bring in elite talent no matter what. Now? Pucker time. We’ve got all of the 2020’s to see what happens 😬

Advertisement
Advertisement
The panic that is setting in is that the competitive advantage we thought we were paying for has not materialized. “He may not be a good game day coach, but he will bring in top 10 classes” is not coming to fruition. If he can’t do that, and he isn’t an Xs and Os guru and he has shown a terrible eye for coaches thus far then we are looking for statistically improbable outcomes or for a crazy pivot. I was hopeful because I thought he would be able to bring in elite talent no matter what. Now? Pucker time. We’ve got all of the 2020’s to see what happens 😬
He did it in 2023 in a full cycle and let's not negate we finished 5-7 before December signing. Many are losing our collective minds because we are sitting around 20th on July 12th. How about we play the season and then see how the class shapes out in December, then February? Some of the lower ranked kids committed are supposed to have big senior years. We will see if we made good projections. Certainly, a lot will change before early signing day.

I don't know if he has a terrible eye for coaches quite frankly. 2022 on paper looked like a good, experienced staff. It turned out to be a ****show with competing agendas and half the roster just quit on the coaches and their teammates. I do know that we looked much more prepared and disciplined in the spring game, and that included about half of the starting fall lineup not participating. He has swung the roster and gotten rid of many of the problem kids through graduation or the transfer portal.

Last edited:
Really? Nobody is arguing 2022 was a comprehensive failure. The 2023 freshman class and the portal additions have been a comprehensive failure? Clearing out the dead weight and locker room cancers have been a comprehensive failure? Clearing out half the football staff has been a comprehensive failure? At least we looked like a more disciplined and prepared team during the spring game with a ton of guys not participating. I'm not losing my ******* mind until I see what Guidry and Dawson can do with a full roster, which they get next month.

Really? Nobody is arguing 2022 was a comprehensive failure. The 2023 freshman class and the portal additions have been a comprehensive failure? Clearing out the dead weight and locker room cancers have been a comprehensive failure? Clearing out half the football staff has been a comprehensive failure? At least we looked like a more disciplined and prepared team during the spring game with a ton of guys not participating. I'm not losing my ******* mind until I see what Guidry and Dawson can do with a full roster, which they get next month.
2022 was absolutely a comprehensive failure. The season was an abomination.
Mario was brought in to recruit. It ain't getting done this year.

I believe our roster is still quite weak, and have no belief in our gameday performance.

My patience is done. I'm totally ****ed off at the direction of the program.

Advertisement
Back