Kendall Briles

Friend. Please tell me a scenario where Briles would leave Houston and end up at UM.
Briles coached at FAU for a year. He knows what kind of athletes he'd have access to at Miami.

Not to mention, we could easily up his salary to a number he can't refuse.

Advertisement
Yes we can. Cheaper to pay Briles 1.5 mil a year than to eat Richt's contract. Strip OC titles from everyone else, along with the extra money they make, and it won't be so bad.

LOL That's fantasy land.

We are never out bidding ANY SEC team for ANYONE, EVER.

Yes, we can up his salary to a number that he can't refuse. But can a cellar dweller SEC team pay him even more than that?

Short answer. yes.
Ooooh the big bad SEC boogeyman. Miami ain't as poor as you think.

Just this offseason UGA tried to steal Hartley, Auburn tried with Seareles (we should've let his *** go) and FSU (not SEC, but still) tried with Dugans.

Advertisement
Ooooh the big bad SEC boogeyman. Miami ain't as poor as you think.

Just this offseason UGA tried to steal Hartley, Auburn tried with Seareles (we should've let his *** go) and FSU (not SEC, but still) tried with Dugans.

I agree but we don't spend what monies we have in the athletic supporter dept. properly and we haven't for 20 years now.

Trust me if any of those SEC teams thought that Hartley, Searles or Dugans were program changers they would have backed up the Brinks truck for them. Bama has taken the last 2 corches that were worth a **** from our staph and there was nothing we could do about it.

Besides the money part, there are few SEC programs that have the same ability as Miami to draw elite athletes for a dynamic spread offense. The few that come to mind are Bama, UGA and Florida. Of those three, I don't see any hiring Briles this year. Bama is doing record numbers on offense, UGA is stuck trying to be Bama of ten years ago, and Dan Mullen is his own OC.

If the SEC did come calling for Briles it'd be hard for him to pass up Miami for any school other than the three mentioned above.

Auburn gets plenty of kids and even schools like Miss and Vandy are more willing to throw money at corches then we've ever been.

I hate to tell this to canes fans but Briles ain't coming. He is like Santa Claus to us canes fans. A figment of our imagination.
And he isn't coming for two reason.

First, his scheme and philosophy is unlike Mork's. So if he is hired Mork will be rendered useless as he can not teach or manage something he does not know. Next, no way Mork hires anyone without a clean cut image/reputation. Baylor had a law suite filled against them alleging that Briles asked a recruit "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players."

You think Mork hires someone like that?

If you want changes Mork has to go.

Advertisement
I hate to tell this to canes fans but Briles ain't coming. He is like Santa Claus to us canes fans. A figment of our imagination.
And he isn't coming for two reason.

First, his scheme and philosophy is unlike Mork's. So if he is hired Mork will be rendered useless as he can not teach or manage something he does not know. Next, no way Mork hires anyone without a clean cut image/reputation. Baylor had a law suite filled against them alleging that Briles asked a recruit "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players."

You think Mork hires someone like that?

If you want changes Mork has to go.

I concur. For all the reasons you stated above and more.

Toss Briles 2 mil as OC AHC. Fire Jon and Thomas. Let Richt ride off into the sunset like an ******* ala Bowden while Briles really runs **** and becomes HC in a few years.

Advertisement
We'll get mike bobo or some yes man retread to be a figurehead for mork's high flying "lull them to sleep and get an extremely timely jump ball here and there" orffense

Fly the banner

Advertisement
Yes, we can up his salary to a number that he can't refuse. But can a cellar dweller SEC team pay him even more than that?

Short answer. yes.
Yet we can shell out 600,000 to play some scrub Michigan team instead of a Florida team like Bethune or fiu.

Nothing will change until something up top changes.

Advertisement
Back