Kendall Briles

Advertisement
What Richt needs to do is throw the bank at Kendall. Make him the highest paid offensive coordinator. Who wouldn't want to live in beautiful Miami and home before dinner.

so Briles puts in a guy who should be in high school and looks better than anything we have had in years, coaching you say ? **** we dont need all that we have a guru

As much as myself and many others on this board want to see it, I have serious doubts Richt is willing to hire someone like Briles or Yost. Richt is stubborn and egotistical about how he likes offenses to be run. I hope I am proven to be wrong.

Advertisement
Why NOT make a Briles or Yost or someone similar hire here? These guys at Utah State, UofH, and Leach at Tech and Washington State, are getting 600 yards a game with players who aren't the highest recruited kids. They get the 2 and 3 star recruits, and plug and play them into the system, and they kill it! The name on the back of the jersey almost doesn't matter. The special sauce will be putting UM caliber players into their systems, and combine that with a good Miami defense (which these other teams don't have), and you become unstoppable. Secondarily, you sell a butt load of tickets because the fans want to see points scored. And kids will be begging to come because they want to score those points. It's coaching malpractice if Richt hasn't already instructed his agent to reach out to these coaches' agents to gauge interest and salary requirements.

Advertisement
Which combo would u rather have?
Richt as offensive coordinator & Manny as defensive coordinator?
Or Briles as offensive coordinator & no D as defensive coordinator?

I can't believe these combinations actually exist in the world.

Jesus Christ that's terrifying...and not a bad question.

For my money, give me Richt and Manny. I think if you can somehow, someway get an elite QB into this offense, it'd be good enough to win more than we are now. I know the town criers around here will disagree, and that's fine. It's what they do. But IMO, if you lucked into a truly good QB, he could be good enough of offense that, combined with Manny's defense, we could compete.

I don't care who you give No D, that defense will blow ape and you'll win/lose a bunch of 48-45 games, which is not good for my health.

Advertisement

Give me Briles and D’O.

Miami football is boring, at least Briles would make Miami fun to watch again. I think we’d have more then 5 wins with that combo right now as well.

Briles would come if only Richt would ask. It's not really even about the money. After what happened at Baylor with his father, his reputation was damaged and people are reluctant to hire, so he's having to work his way up the ladder. At each step up, it gets easier and easier to hire him because there's evidence others have done it and suffered no issues. Richt has a clean good-guy reputation and is the perfect cover for such a hire. Briles knows all that and he'd love to get on a bigger stage immediately. It's the right hire in so many ways.

Poor Houston though. First we gave them D'onofrio, now if we steal their OC, we'll just about have killed their program.

Advertisement
What Richt needs to do is throw the bank at Kendall. Make him the highest paid offensive coordinator. Who wouldn't want to live in beautiful Miami and home before dinner.
And have a D on the other side of the ball. Makes too much sense.

Advertisement
Back