Kendal Briles for OC

Advertisement
It’s frustrating because it is actually doable. It’s not an unattainable name.
But I just don’t see Richt’s ego maming it happen.

Is he a QB coach too? Because if we get an OC he’ll have to be a QB coach cause Jon is the weakest link and the most replaceable.

Is he a QB coach too? Because if we get an OC he’ll have to be a QB coach cause Jon is the weakest link and the most replaceable.

And there is where nepotism cones into play again.
I don’t see any OC worth having being ok with keeping Richt’s son as QB coach........and I don’t see him firing his son in order to get the best OC possible.

Last edited:
And there is where nepotism cones into play again.
I don’t see any OC worth having being ok with keeping Richt’s Don as QB coach........and I don’t see him firing his son in order to get the best OC possible.

Most likely scenario is Brown or Dugans take another job and that frees up for an Oc. Because we all know CMR and Jr is like Golden and Onofrio

Advertisement
I like Kendal Briles to. I swear to god if we hire him and get rid of brown or dugans and keep jonh richt, CMR will go down in history as the most hypocritical, nepotism, ****head person that has ever coached for the U.

Sad. With one of UM’s great offensive minds just across town that we just can’t make the call.

No way in **** are we outbidding the onslaught of bags that are going to be thrown his way after this season.

The whole SEC would be laughing at this thread.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, even if Richt was willing to offer Briles, we shouldn’t be naive enough to assume we’d be the only suitors. We may have to outbid several power 5 programs.

Advertisement
Ken briles is the guy who doesn’t have an actual PB? Coaches concepts?from Houston?..idk. It’s innovative. But y’all think that it can work long term against Clemson.

I want a a balance multiple O. That complements a great D

Ken briles is the guy who doesn’t have an actual PB? Coaches concepts?from Houston?..idk. It’s innovative. But y’all think that it can work long term against Clemson.

I want a a balance multiple O. That complements a great D
What? The guy has made Baylor, FAU and now Houston in the top of offensive college football. Now, imagine him with Miami players.

Advertisement
What? The guy has made Baylor, FAU and now Houston in the top of offensive college football. Now, imagine him with Miami players.
never said he couldn't have a top ranked O here. but is it to the detriment of the D. Tthast style of O can be

Pipe dream.

1. He ain't going anywhere where he doesn't have playvalling autonomy. He requires it.

2. Like his pops, he prefers Texas. Yeah, I know he was just in Boca, but he was toxic and needed a gig.

It's crazy tho how nepotism works and is received. Like John Richt, Briles was gifted jobs by his pops for no other reason than his bloodline, difference was and is, Art Briles is an offensive genius and innovator whose system his son has mastered.

Anyway, the guy Id target would be Phillip Montgomery (another Briles disciple) after he gets fired by Tulsa this season.

Advertisement
Miami is a playoff contender in year 1 with KB on this staff....assuming Manny is as well. Been saying this for 2 years. Kendal Briles is as bright as they come. Houston is 6-1 with Mark D'Onofrio coaching their defense. Think about that.

Pipe dream.

1. He ain't going anywhere where he doesn't have playvalling autonomy. He requires it.

2. Like his pops, he prefers Texas. Yeah, I know he was just in Boca, but he was toxic and needed a gig.

It's crazy tho how nepotism works and is received. Like John Richt, Briles was gifted jobs by his pops for no other reason than his bloodline, difference was and is, Art Briles is an offensive genius and innovator whose system his son has mastered.

Anyway, the guy Id target would be Phillip Montgomery (another Briles disciple) after he gets fired by Tulsa this season.

Interesting
I remember his name being the hot one a few years back. Is he getting fired due to Tulsa being trash overall or is it because the offense is bad?

I personally would love to have Kendal Briles as our OC. Richt needs to suck it up, fire his son, and hire Briles for QB Coach and OC. It’s not that hard. Listen, Jon has stolen enough $$$ to live like a king for several years until he lands a gig somewhere else. It’s time, pull the trigger Richt!

Miami is a playoff contender in year 1 with KB on this staff....assuming Manny is as well. Been saying this for 2 years. Kendal Briles is as bright as they come. Houston is 6-1 with Mark D'Onofrio coaching their defense. Think about that.

D'NO..is currently fielding the 116th ranked Defense in the country, and they're still 6-1. 116th!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Back