Ken Dorsey OC Articles

A lot of posters have mentioned that Dorsey is expected to get a shot at OC in the NFL in the next 2 years. I have been trying to find articles to understand this and read what those saying this have to say about him.

I have not been able to find ANY articles suggesting Dorsey is being considered for an OC gig. Can someone please post them so I can understand what he would bring to an offense?

It's not based off of articles. No one is writing articles talking about position coaches who will get coordinator jobs. It's based off the job he has done and nfl people speaking very highly of him.

Advertisement
Here is an article where Ron Rivera thinks Dorsey is a backup QB.. lol

It gives credit to Shula for a lot of Cam's success.

Bell Tolls: Cam Newton a clutch closer for Carolina Panthers

You understand that the message b/w the parentheses is typically inserted by the author of the article, right? Even though they're within the coach's quote, it's unlikely the actual quote.

Rivera went on to describe a snapshot from the 80-yard drive — capped by Newton’s 26-yard seam pass to tight end Greg Olsen — that crystallized the poise that his young quarterback is exhibiting with more regularity as the Panthers (5-0) carry an NFL-best nine-game regular-season winning streak into Sunday night’s clash against Philadelphia.
“Players are running on and off the field,” Rivera said. “I’m listening on the headset as Ken Dorsey (a backup quarterback) is relaying the play-call. It’s loud. The play-clock is ticking…”
Call a timeout?
“Cam looked over and put his hand up like a big stop sign,” Rivera added. “He was like, ‘I got this.’"

Last edited:
Rivera is on record as giving Dorsey a lot of credit for the offense. He generally praises Shula and Dorsey together. Ken is going to be a OC somewhere soon.

Rivera is on record as giving Dorsey a lot of credit for the offense. He generally praises Shula and Dorsey together. Ken is going to be a OC somewhere soon.

Cool, I am glad he is on record. Can you provide a link to the record? I have provided several above and it appears as if Shula deserves much of the credit. You know the same guy most on this board were upset UM contacted. I am not trying to discount what Dorsey has done but rather understand the facts from opinions.

Advertisement
Back