Ken Dorsey is straight dealing.

Hers calling a **** of a game, hes getting everyone involved. I know they have a lot of talent but hes really mixing it up and making it very hard on the defensive coordinator for Minnesota. Hes got a bright future thats for sure.

But but but, he had never called plays before, and he was clearly a nepotism hire...

Advertisement
Exactly.

He took over a damned good offense and they're largely doing the same thing this year.

Here, he would've had to develop his identity, system, craft a playbook, and then identify who can do what, etc.

He would've had his hands full here. There, he did enough to get the job and he seems to be maintaining what they had going on last year.

I wouldn't ever bet against someone like him who has worked on bettering himself since his young days. A football nerd with talent if you will. I didn't want to take the chance when the job was available. In hindsight it couldn't have been worse than it has been.

Nobody was wrong for wanting him to cut his teeth as an OC first. Experience is something everyone has wanted at whatever coaching position for years, not somebody learning on the job for the first time. Dorsey was the exception for some and now DVD is the other. Funny how I don't think either would be a downgrade at this point though.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Everything you just said is wrong. Another "don't hire a Miami bro" bro.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Everything you just said is wrong. Another "don't hire a Miami bro" bro.

You're too funny.

He took over a damned good offense and is largely doing the same thing. Why rock the boat, they were doing the right things offensively, so let's keep it rolling. Right as rain.

Here he would've had to come up with his own playbook, system, etc. Again, that's right.

Hands full, first time coordinator, never recruited, etc. Again, all right.

He's a major football nerd. Nobody would say that's wrong and there's also nothing wrong with it. It's why he was successful here with all the work on his own time and I'm sure that's part of his current success.

It's has been this boards mantra to want experience on this staff, not first timers learning on the job. You know that to be true and it's undeniable. Yet some wanted to take a chance on that and it's their prerogative. I think Dorsey will be successful, said I wouldn't bet against him, but I wanted him to cut his teeth first. Nothing wrong with that.

So what exactly was I wrong about? If Dorsey is the guy one day, good. I'm glad he's getting an opportunity to call plays. I wish him nothing but success and maybe one day he's back here. It won't be as a green whatever likely though.

Now we're seeing DVD as a potential secondary coach, even had people argue for him over Raymond. CIS gonna CIS and I'm sure you're about to TOC yourself with a reply. Hard pass on TVD if Raymond or a few other coaches are available as an option. The only way I'd go TVD route is if Steele or whomever can take the lead and help him learn the role as he comes up. It still doesn't change people by and large wanting experience. Just not over some proven commodities, like a Raymond.

Advertisement
Buf alo is a losers organization,, even the great Jim Kelly couldn't overcome the suckiness that engulfs that team. When buf alo fails to win a Super Bowl again, they will look to scapegoat someone, so if Ken is smart he'll get the **** out of shytsville asap.

id take dorsey but he isnt coming to college. hes in line to be an NFL HC at some point in the next few seasons.

You're too funny.

He took over a damned good offense and is largely doing the same thing. Why rock the boat, they were doing the right things offensively, so let's keep it rolling. Right as rain.

Here he would've had to come up with his own playbook, system, etc. Again, that's right.

Hands full, first time coordinator, never recruited, etc. Again, all right.

He's a major football nerd. Nobody would say that's wrong and there's also nothing wrong with it. It's why he was successful here with all the work on his own time and I'm sure that's part of his current success.

It's has been this boards mantra to want experience on this staff, not first timers learning on the job. You know that to be true and it's undeniable. Yet some wanted to take a chance on that and it's their prerogative. I think Dorsey will be successful, said I wouldn't bet against him, but I wanted him to cut his teeth first. Nothing wrong with that.

So what exactly was I wrong about? If Dorsey is the guy one day, good. I'm glad he's getting an opportunity to call plays. I wish him nothing but success and maybe one day he's back here. It won't be as a green whatever likely though.

Now we're seeing DVD as a potential secondary coach, even had people argue for him over Raymond. CIS gonna CIS and I'm sure you're about to TOC yourself with a reply. Hard pass on TVD if Raymond or a few other coaches are available as an option. The only way I'd go TVD route is if Steele or whomever can take the lead and help him learn the role as he comes up. It still doesn't change people by and large wanting experience. Just not over some proven commodities, like a Raymond.

You are so full of ****e. "Come up with his own playbook, system, etc.". What a load of crap. You make up some fake BS that makes it seem like football coaches just show up on campus with the clothes on their back like they were Steve McQueen arriving on a movie set. You are a brain-dead bullsh!tter.

"Playbooks" and "systems" are not some ******* Harry Potter book of magic spells. They are not copyrighted. They do not take years to develop. Even AS A WORST CASE SCENARIO, Dorsey could simply bring his NFL playbook with him, he doesn't have to develop something from scratch. You want to go with "Dorsey is a first-time OC", fine. But don't invent a dozen other moronic restatements of your same basic reason. Dorsey is proving he is a great play-caller and developer of talent, and you are trying to devalue him by acting as if he inherited an NFL playbook from his rich uncle or something.

I do think it's funny that an infamous dipsh!te such as yourself wrote an EIGHT PARAGRAPH reply to my one sentence post, and then you had the gall to try to pre-empt me from a lengthy reply by predicting I'm going to "TOC myself".

*****, you need to look in the mirror. You are a simple fraud.

Advertisement
You are so full of ****e. "Come up with his own playbook, system, etc.". What a load of crap. You make up some fake BS that makes it seem like football coaches just show up on campus with the clothes on their back like they were Steve McQueen arriving on a movie set. You are a brain-dead bullsh!tter.

"Playbooks" and "systems" are not some ******* Harry Potter book of magic spells. They are not copyrighted. They do not take years to develop. Even AS A WORST CASE SCENARIO, Dorsey could simply bring his NFL playbook with him, he doesn't have to develop something from scratch. You want to go with "Dorsey is a first-time OC", fine. But don't invent a dozen other moronic restatements of your same basic reason. Dorsey is proving he is a great play-caller and developer of talent, and you are trying to devalue him by acting as if he inherited an NFL playbook from his rich uncle or something.

I do think it's funny that an infamous dipsh!te such as yourself wrote an EIGHT PARAGRAPH reply to my one sentence post, and then you had the gall to try to pre-empt me from a lengthy reply by predicting I'm going to "TOC myself".

Arrested Development Reaction GIF

id take dorsey but he isnt coming to college. hes in line to be an NFL HC at some point in the next few seasons.

It's not just about career path, as Dorsey has been under-promoted in the NFL. Maybe he'll be a HC, maybe not, but he doesn't chase promotions as lustfully as, say, Dennis Erickson did.

But Kenny just wasn't a huge fan of recruiting. He had a standing offer from Mario, though, and Mario promised to do all the heavy (recruiting) lifting. The money was good, the title was good, but KD just didn't want that crootin' life.

It's not just about career path, as Dorsey has been under-promoted in the NFL. Maybe he'll be a HC, maybe not, but he doesn't chase promotions as lustfully as, say, Dennis Erickson did.

But Kenny just wasn't a huge fan of recruiting. He had a standing offer from Mario, though, and Mario promised to do all the heavy (recruiting) lifting. The money was good, the title was good, but KD just didn't want that crootin' life.
I don’t blame him. Nfl is filled w hcs who can scheme the **** out of anything and have GMs who do the draft fa stuff. Also easier to deal w pros who have unlimited time to study

I'm not so sure Kenny and Mario would have seen eye to eye in regards to Mario's Offensive philosophy....

Advertisement
I'm not so sure Kenny and Mario would have seen eye to eye in regards to Mario's Offensive philosophy....

Fair. Would have been great, though, to have OUR version of the Steve Spurrier/Duke story. You know, the one where Mario wants us to run, then Dorsey calls a pass that goes for 80 yards, and when Mario asks Dorsey what play he just called, Dorsey tells Mario, "Touchdown."

Fair. Would have been great, though, to have OUR version of the Steve Spurrier/Duke story. You know, the one where Mario wants us to run, then Dorsey calls a pass that goes for 80 yards, and when Mario asks Dorsey what play he just called, Dorsey tells Mario, "Touchdown."
If people on here really knew how much game film KD watched at UM...they'd be shocked...

Advertisement

You know it's okay to say you were wrong.

You're right, he should just show up and run what they're doing in Buffalo. Of course not, but experienced OC's have their own playbook that they add to as time goes on. They have the experience to work on theirs and adapt to what they're walking into. Certainly not a book of spells, but you clearly think it is.

Again, no playcalling experience. He inherited a team that was loaded by NFL standards. Where's the development, like he was left a bag of ****s?

The insults, you mad. It's hysterical and that's your go to. Too predictable and well, you keep doing you. The more you talk about coaching or the game itself, it's evident to anyone with any first hand experience in this sport how much you talk out your ***.

Got it, you're okay with green *** individuals who've never coached their position. Again, that's hysterical. The idea of some old cidger such as yourself running his gums like you do on this board, too funny. You got some insecurity and anger issues pal.

I know Ken looks awesome with his offense, but do you think he calls those same plays with our players and they execute his scheme?
I think he is a smart guy and a good coach. Other than qb sneaks from his own goal line, I think he is doing well and would do well at the U too.

To say that Dorsey is just running what Daboll is running is a shortsighted point of view. Buffalo is running new kinds of things, mixing old and new.

Dorsey is using more heavy personnel than Daboll and uses the FB more often to get heavy defensive packages as a result. Sure, that doesn't sound much, but over a grand scheme of a game, it matters a lot in terms of setup and playcalling. Allen is averaging a full yard more per throwing attempt. Thats also a pretty big difference.

Its not Madden. You can't just run the same plays over and over.

Advertisement
Back