Ken Dorsey is straight dealing.

Advertisement
I’d give Dorsey a B so far this season. He’s done well as a 1st year play caller.

There’s a lot of things to like but this is multiple games now where he just refuses to try and run the ball when they are up 10+. He doesn’t even want to run enough to see if it could work or not.

Redzone play calling could use some improvement as well.

Advertisement
This can’t be true. Several people on here said he wasn’t qualified to be our OC. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I know Ken looks awesome with his offense, but do you think he calls those same plays with our players and they execute his scheme?

1668388707697.gif

I don’t think it’s important for you to have called plays in college, before being hired. It is important though that you have a college coaching background before being hired.

College is all about simple, easy to pick up, small playbooks. There’s a lot of great NFL OCs that just couldn’t be college OCs, and vice versa, because of the playbook adjustment.

Exactly.

He took over a damned good offense and they're largely doing the same thing this year.

Here, he would've had to develop his identity, system, craft a playbook, and then identify who can do what, etc.

He would've had his hands full here. There, he did enough to get the job and he seems to be maintaining what they had going on last year.

I wouldn't ever bet against someone like him who has worked on bettering himself since his young days. A football nerd with talent if you will. I didn't want to take the chance when the job was available. In hindsight it couldn't have been worse than it has been.

Nobody was wrong for wanting him to cut his teeth as an OC first. Experience is something everyone has wanted at whatever coaching position for years, not somebody learning on the job for the first time. Dorsey was the exception for some and now DVD is the other. Funny how I don't think either would be a downgrade at this point though.
The Colts don't care about experience

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone arguing for Waddle over Jefferson doesn’t watch football. I’ll give you a Hill debate, but JJ keeps breaking records and had that game and catch yesterday where he wouldn’t be denied. With Kirk Cousins as his QB.

Hill and Waddle compliment each other so well. Hill's speed is obviously unmatched, but there are some very good WRs in the NFL today. Chase is going to be making this same argument every year as well.

I have Jefferson at #1
But these guys are all very close #2
Adams
Kupp
Chase
Hill

I go right from there to:
Brown
Diggs
Metcalf
Lamb

Then you have guys like Hopkins, who suffers from poor QB play (yes Kyler is terrible this year), and guys like Keenan Allen who aren't healthy.

Hill and Waddle compliment each other so well. Hill's speed is obviously unmatched, but there are some very good WRs in the NFL today. Chase is going to be making this same argument every year as well.

I have Jefferson at #1
But these guys are all very close #2
Adams
Kupp
Chase
Hill

I go right from there to:
Brown
Diggs
Metcalf
Lamb

Then you have guys like Hopkins, who suffers from poor QB play (yes Kyler is terrible this year), and guys like Keenan Allen who aren't healthy.
And to be clear, my statement is no slight at Waddle. He is a very good WR. JJ is just at a different level. I will also say there's a big difference being a #1 WR and a #2. Hill makes Waddle better right now because he gets better coverage opportuniites. JJ is just dominating. Thielen is not nearly the player he was two years ago as age and injuries have caught up. We are in a league where dominate WRs may be the most important position after QB now.

Advertisement
Back