Kelvin Harris debates Manny Navarro.

Game 1: Couch interferes with Popes catch. Pope fumbles

Game 3: Couch interferes with Popes catch again. Pope fumbles a different catch.

Last year: Ivey stands still while the obese GT PUNTER throws a TD pass.

This year: Ivey stands still as an onsides kick is kicked right at him.

These are now trends. Same nonsense happening in multiple games in different seasons. It means either the coaches aren't teaching the players, or they continue to let them play poorly.

The fact that Jeff Thomas struggled with fielding kicks leads me to believe it's a lack of coaching bc it's a different player who has the same issues being coached by the same guy.

This BS doesn't fly at Clemson or the other big schools. Actions have consequences.

This post is loud, wrong, and dumb.

Pope's first fumble against UAB was on Pope he fumbled when he got tackled, after cleanly catching it.

Pope's second fumble was on Pope, a return man never fields a punt that he has to run under in traffic.

The onside kick was a brain fart by Harley, Ivey was not close enough to recover it that's Harley fault.

Stop blaming coaching for the brain farts. Now if they continue to have them and the coaches keep them in the games, then you have a point. But we have only played 3 games lil mama.

Advertisement
Our staff’s biggest obstacle is to make the players believe they can go to Death Valley and win. It’s a state of mind. Are they afraid like Manny or do they believe like Harris?

Rhett Lashlee strolled through the door and told a broken, despondent football team that they were going to score points after being dominated and shut out by a middling g5 program.

He did EXACTLY what he said he would do. It all culminated in a 50 point, 6 touchdown win over their arch rival.

The LAST thing we need to worry about is if the players believe they can win. If Lashlee tells them they can (and he has), they WILL believe it.

Too much Homer talk from Harris in that interview. While a agree that we’re plenty talented enough to win, we have some glaring defensive tendencies & weaknesses that will make it difficult for us to get enough STOPS to win - if we don’t fix them yesterday.

His comments about Jennings was pure trash. Jennings is awful and our LB coaching is mediocre at best. Jennings had ONE tackle vs UL, and ONE tackle vs. FSU. HORRIBLE. Ragone had 6 tackles in 1/4 of the time on the field. That’s comical. Jennings is awful. No instincts, no feel, literally attaches himself to blockers instead of fighting through or slipping, and has no speed. He doesn’t even make the play if he isn’t blocked.

Baker and Manny should be ashamed of themselves to trot him out there. He isn’t a Miami caliber MLB. They are too easily impressed with our LB play. Clemson will feast on him.

Rhett vs BV is worthy of prime time TV. I like our TEs and backs vs their LBs and Safeties. We need Wiggins to come up big. This particular chess match will be the difference in the game. Because AT THIS MOMENT I have no faith in Baker’s PCing or LB coaching.

There is no doubt in my mind that we have the talent to beat them. And we have the OC. We will score. But we have a huge question mark with Baker as our DC, play caller, and LB coach. Will we get enough stops? That’s the question.

Are we going to get enough stops on defense to hold them to 31-35 points? If we do the score line will be respectable and who knows, we may even have a shot late in the game.

That’s best case scenario, worst case scenario is Clemson obliterates Baker’s scheme and they do whatever they want to us on offense. If Ettiene gets the same holes UL and at times UAB were getting then the defense will be playing on their heels the whole game and they’ll score on every drive.

Advertisement
This is probably pointless, but I got a few minutes today and I was curious so I started looking.

Somebody on here told me their roster is loaded with 5 stars and high 4 star kids, and I was scratching my head a bit so I did some digging.

In 2017, which should be their current senior class, they only had the 16th ranked class in the country. Actually, they were behind us, on paper of course (we were #12). Here are the kids ranked in the Top 200:

Tee Higgins -- Gone, currently on the Cincinnati Bengals
Hunter Johnson -- Gone, currently at Northwestern
AJ Terrell -- Gone, currently on the Atlanta Falcons

Amari Rodgers -- Currently a starting WR for them and a good player
Justin Foster -- On the team, but hasn't played yet this year. Dabo said today he's still out and no timetable for his return
Jordan Williams -- Currently a starting DT, but hasn't made much impact prior to this year. First start of his career was Week 1.
Travis Etienne -- Was ranked #213, but had to include him because of how special he is. Obviously a huge problem for our defense.

So, they signed 7 kids in the top 213, and only 3 of them will play against us, and 1 of those 3 really hasn't played a ton. Hmm.

In 2018, which should be their junior class, they signed the #7 class nationally. Miami signed the 8th ranked class. Top 200 kids:

Trevor Lawrence -- The best collegiate QB prospect since Luck and clearly the entire basis for how good they are. Say no more.
Xavier Thomas -- On the team, but hasn't played yet this year after being sick in the off-season and will not against us.
KJ Henry -- Currently a starting DE. Made his first career start against Wake. 2 sacks in his career.
Jackson Carman -- Currently the starting LT. High level talent and likely first round pick. Stud, will be great match-up with Roche.
Derion Kendrick -- Currently a co-starter at one of the corner spots. Second team all-ACC last year after moving from WR but didn't play Wk 1
Justyn Ross -- Absolutely elite talent, but out of the season due to injury
Kyler McMichael -- Transferred to UNC
Josh Belk -- Enrolled at Clemson but transferred to USCe after his first spring

Mario Goodrich -- Another co-starter at Corner, but hasn't played yet this year. Didn't do much his first 2 years. Will be back this week.
Justin Mascoll -- Redshirted in 2018 and didn't do much last year. Played a lot in the opener but still very limited experience. Backup.

So, they signed 10 Top 200 kids in 2018, but 4 are already gone. However, of the 6, they have a program changing talent at QB and a first round LT protecting his blindside. Other than that, possibly some talented kids but really nobody proven besides Kendrick.

In 2019, they signed the 10th ranked class. We signed our worst class in a while at #27. Top 200 kids:

Andrew Booth -- Super talented kid whose claim to fame so far is being forced to ride the bus home after being ejected in a game last season
Frank Ladson -- We all know Frankie. Excellent prospect, looked good last year as a true freshman. Starter.
Joe Ngata -- Starting WR as well but hasn't shown much yet and strained a muscle last week in practice. Monitor his status this week.
Will Putnam -- We recruited him hard, Tampa kid (Plant). Started at RG Week 1, first career start
Sheridan Jones -- Corner who may play vs us but low on their depth chart
Tyler Davis -- Another Florida kid we wanted. Sprained his MCL week 1 and will likely not play against us.
Joseph Charleston -- Backup Safety. Playing behind very limited but leader of their defense Nolan Turner
Bryton Constantine -- Retired in the summer after multiple knee injuries.

So, 8 more Top 200 kids, but only 6 will likely see action against us.

In their 2017, 2018, and 2019 classes, I count 15 kids who we will most likely see next weekend. By contrast, in those 3 classes, Miami has 10 kids ranked in the Top 200 who will see action against Clemson. Then you throw in King, Roche, Phillips, and Bolden....hmm.

Again, not discounting Clemson AT ALL. They're crazy talented, excellently coached, and the #1 team for a reason. And Trevor Lawrence can mask **** near any deficiency you have. But call me nuts....I don't see that absolutely loaded, experienced roster this year. Are they more talented than we are? Sure. They're gonna be a 2 TD favorite. But is it a gigantic gap? I really don't see it. I think we can play with these dudes. And the main reason being, the Quarterback position is so, so, so important. And we have a REALLY good one. He's not gonna be rattled, he's not gonna be scared, and he's accurate. That travels. Why don't we go out and drop 17-20 points in the first half and see if they don't tighten up a bit?
Excellent. I think Bresee and the other Freshman DL for 2020 should be added in and we can add in Chaney and Knighton.

This is probably pointless, but I got a few minutes today and I was curious so I started looking.

Somebody on here told me their roster is loaded with 5 stars and high 4 star kids, and I was scratching my head a bit so I did some digging.

In 2017, which should be their current senior class, they only had the 16th ranked class in the country. Actually, they were behind us, on paper of course (we were #12). Here are the kids ranked in the Top 200:

Tee Higgins -- Gone, currently on the Cincinnati Bengals
Hunter Johnson -- Gone, currently at Northwestern
AJ Terrell -- Gone, currently on the Atlanta Falcons

Amari Rodgers -- Currently a starting WR for them and a good player
Justin Foster -- On the team, but hasn't played yet this year. Dabo said today he's still out and no timetable for his return
Jordan Williams -- Currently a starting DT, but hasn't made much impact prior to this year. First start of his career was Week 1.
Travis Etienne -- Was ranked #213, but had to include him because of how special he is. Obviously a huge problem for our defense.

So, they signed 7 kids in the top 213, and only 3 of them will play against us, and 1 of those 3 really hasn't played a ton. Hmm.

In 2018, which should be their junior class, they signed the #7 class nationally. Miami signed the 8th ranked class. Top 200 kids:

Trevor Lawrence -- The best collegiate QB prospect since Luck and clearly the entire basis for how good they are. Say no more.
Xavier Thomas -- On the team, but hasn't played yet this year after being sick in the off-season and will not against us.
KJ Henry -- Currently a starting DE. Made his first career start against Wake. 2 sacks in his career.
Jackson Carman -- Currently the starting LT. High level talent and likely first round pick. Stud, will be great match-up with Roche.
Derion Kendrick -- Currently a co-starter at one of the corner spots. Second team all-ACC last year after moving from WR but didn't play Wk 1
Justyn Ross -- Absolutely elite talent, but out of the season due to injury
Kyler McMichael -- Transferred to UNC
Josh Belk -- Enrolled at Clemson but transferred to USCe after his first spring

Mario Goodrich -- Another co-starter at Corner, but hasn't played yet this year. Didn't do much his first 2 years. Will be back this week.
Justin Mascoll -- Redshirted in 2018 and didn't do much last year. Played a lot in the opener but still very limited experience. Backup.

So, they signed 10 Top 200 kids in 2018, but 4 are already gone. However, of the 6, they have a program changing talent at QB and a first round LT protecting his blindside. Other than that, possibly some talented kids but really nobody proven besides Kendrick.

In 2019, they signed the 10th ranked class. We signed our worst class in a while at #27. Top 200 kids:

Andrew Booth -- Super talented kid whose claim to fame so far is being forced to ride the bus home after being ejected in a game last season
Frank Ladson -- We all know Frankie. Excellent prospect, looked good last year as a true freshman. Starter.
Joe Ngata -- Starting WR as well but hasn't shown much yet and strained a muscle last week in practice. Monitor his status this week.
Will Putnam -- We recruited him hard, Tampa kid (Plant). Started at RG Week 1, first career start
Sheridan Jones -- Corner who may play vs us but low on their depth chart
Tyler Davis -- Another Florida kid we wanted. Sprained his MCL week 1 and will likely not play against us.
Joseph Charleston -- Backup Safety. Playing behind very limited but leader of their defense Nolan Turner
Bryton Constantine -- Retired in the summer after multiple knee injuries.

So, 8 more Top 200 kids, but only 6 will likely see action against us.

In their 2017, 2018, and 2019 classes, I count 15 kids who we will most likely see next weekend. By contrast, in those 3 classes, Miami has 10 kids ranked in the Top 200 who will see action against Clemson. Then you throw in King, Roche, Phillips, and Bolden....hmm.

Again, not discounting Clemson AT ALL. They're crazy talented, excellently coached, and the #1 team for a reason. And Trevor Lawrence can mask **** near any deficiency you have. But call me nuts....I don't see that absolutely loaded, experienced roster this year. Are they more talented than we are? Sure. They're gonna be a 2 TD favorite. But is it a gigantic gap? I really don't see it. I think we can play with these dudes. And the main reason being, the Quarterback position is so, so, so important. And we have a REALLY good one. He's not gonna be rattled, he's not gonna be scared, and he's accurate. That travels. Why don't we go out and drop 17-20 points in the first half and see if they don't tighten up a bit?

If Davis is out that would be ***'n HUGE. I honestly think our OL could really control the trenches if he is out. Big key for this game.

Last edited:
Excellent. I think Bresee and the other Freshman DL for 2020 should be added in and we can add in Chaney and Knighton.

Agreed, and someone else quoted my post and cited the 247 roster breakdown saying they had way more 5-stars than us, and they do. But several of those (I think at least 4) are 2020 kids, who may or may not be major contributors. I know Bresee, for example, is an insane talent, and he's going to play, but he's listed as an "OR" on their UVA depth chart, so how much will he play against us?

I think my main point was of course, they have more talent, but it's not an incredibly huge gap. They're also very young. This is not the senior laden, experienced team that Clemson usually has. 4 of the 5 OL are new starters and the entire DL is sophomores and freshmen. I don't see them as having this gigantic advantage in the trenches this year.

If Davis is out that would ***'n HUGE. I honestly think our OL could really control the trenches if he is out. Big key for this game.

Dabo said on Tuesday he "has a shot" for the game this weekend. I'd think he plays vs us, but will he be healthy? He sprained his knee. Can't be great for a heavy DT.

Advertisement
Dabo said on Tuesday he "has a shot" for the game this weekend. I'd think he plays vs us, but will he be healthy? He sprained his knee. Can't be great for a heavy DT.

Exactly. Then add playing against that tempo coming off an injury, and our play against two good interior DL in wilson, cooper, and durden. Yeah I like us in the trenches with the OL

I read an article not too long ago about Willie Williams. WW was one of the first celebrity high school football players in the internet age. Some reporters had tried to get top recruits to give them salacious recruiting gossip, but it was pretty mundane and didn't get readers. Navarro saw Willie Williams as his meal ticket and knew full well that Williams wasn't prepared to handle the celebrity, but he didn't care. Williams was giving him crazy stories and readers were eating it up. Shameful.

BTW- if you wanted another reason to hate UF, they were responsible for leaking a lot of the stuff about WW's supposed bad behavior out of revenge for him spurning them.

link-https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1943325

Long story short, Navarro sucks.
Ehh.. plenty of the WW stories were true. But Manny, et al. definitely played it up for clicks.

Game 3: Couch interferes with Popes catch again. Pope fumbles a different catch.

These are now trends. Same nonsense happening in multiple games in different seasons. It means either the coaches aren't teaching the players, or they continue to let them play poorly.

The fact that Jeff Thomas struggled with fielding kicks leads me to believe it's a lack of coaching bc it's a different player who has the same issues being coached by the same guy.

This BS doesn't fly at Clemson or the other big schools. Actions have consequences.
This post is loud, wrong, and dumb.

Pope's first fumble against UAB was on Pope he fumbled when he got tackled, after cleanly catching it.

Pope's second fumble was on Pope, a return man never fields a punt that he has to run under in traffic.

The onside kick was a brain fart by Harley, Ivey was not close enough to recover it that's Harley fault.

Stop blaming coaching for the brain farts. Now if they continue to have them and the coaches keep them in the games, then you have a point. But we have only played 3 games lil mama.
Which onside kick? The one against Louisville?

Advertisement
Too much Homer talk from Harris in that interview. While a agree that we’re plenty talented enough to win, we have some glaring defensive tendencies & weaknesses that will make it difficult for us to get enough STOPS to win - if we don’t fix them yesterday.

His comments about Jennings was pure trash. Jennings is awful and our LB coaching is mediocre at best. Jennings had ONE tackle vs UL, and ONE tackle vs. FSU. HORRIBLE. Ragone had 6 tackles in 1/4 of the time on the field. That’s comical. Jennings is awful. No instincts, no feel, literally attaches himself to blockers instead of fighting through or slipping, and has no speed. He doesn’t even make the play if he isn’t blocked.

Baker and Manny should be ashamed of themselves to trot him out there. He isn’t a Miami caliber MLB. They are too easily impressed with our LB play. Clemson will feast on him.

Rhett vs BV is worthy of prime time TV. I like our TEs and backs vs their LBs and Safeties. We need Wiggins to come up big. This particular chess match will be the difference in the game. Because AT THIS MOMENT I have no faith in Baker’s PCing or LB coaching.

There is no doubt in my mind that we have the talent to beat them. And we have the OC. We will score. But we have a huge question mark with Baker as our DC, play caller, and LB coach. Will we get enough stops? That’s the question.
I disagree, I have 100% faith in Baker's delayed blitzes finally being successful for this game. That's what they say right? If it doesn't work, try, try again until it works.

Are you living in an alternate reality? Pope fielded the punt against UAB cleanly at the 30 yard line with nobody within 10 yards of him. He took off to the right towards the sideline and gave some ground before taking a hit and fumbling. Again, Couch wasn't even within 10 yards of Pope ok that play, and Pope did NOT muff that punt. He fumbled after taking at least seven strides.

It all comes down to how well our defense performs.

Oh, and anyone still predicting them beating the crap out of us needs to be listed on #KTDT.

Advertisement
1 for 1 sure. I like our 3 though.
CamRon Harris isn’t getting the love he deserves—-YET❗️ IMHO, Cam (who ran 22 mph against UL, the fastest GPS in college football and one of the fastest NFL times) is going to shock the college football world this season and when he gets to the NFL.

u
Right on, right on Calvin! It's a psychological state of mind for the Hurricanes Saturn night, October 3rd. And if they come in knowing they can shock the major CFB realm, the Hurricanes will be alright. What I like is we have some solid-on-down leaders on the team now. That includes both sides of the LOS. What worries me though, is Baker and his pansy **** schemes! He has to let loose on defense! No holding back until it's dire straits time. Because everybody in South Florida, and throughout the nation, knows the Hurricanes have the offensive power to go toe to toe and throw punches with mighty Clemson.

Oh. Another notion. The Hurricanes special teams easily out shines anything Clemson has to offer. Because both kickers will be donning NFL uni's next season. huh?
unless hedley stops punting while on the run he wont be going to the NFL while doing that

Advertisement
Back